PDA

View Full Version : Ebay seller scam story-Paul Slapnicker Pauld49 BEWARE

Pages : [1] 2

loubrown
06-21-2020, 03:01 PM
Nice to see that Ebay is looking out for sellers. I know, that's already a known thing that they do not. Sent off a 1956 Topps Killebrew to buyer/seller pauld49 (Paul Slapnicker out of Houston). Buyer claims he received a common 1958 Topps card. I know there is nothing that I can do about it. (we are now sending all singles with a sticker over the top load opening to maybe protect against this). I drag my feet and then go to look at his listings. I then see my killebrew that he did not receive in a lot that he sold. I contact ebay and they tell me that they will look into it but in order to proceed, I need to refund 50% and give the detailed explanation with photos. I should have asked why the 50%. It turns out that is there way to handle fraud. Just let the thief get 50% of their attempted scam. Ebay claimed that they are not card experts and it is not their place to really do anything. I've attached the images of the card that we shipped and the card he sold in his lot. Same scuff marks, same centering, same corners. Perfect match.

JollyElm
06-21-2020, 03:44 PM
The matching white scuff mark on the hat says it all.

ahumes13
06-21-2020, 04:44 PM
Don't give 50%, that's crazy. In most jurisdictions you can file a small claims case on your own and it costs very little. Would do this before eating 50%, I'm stubborn, but personally I would never let someone do that- you may end up eating the costs either way, which sucks, but it helps all of us if people like that have legal issues. At a minimum, maybe it makes them move on to a new racket.

charlietheexterminator
06-21-2020, 05:08 PM
It absolutely sucks, sorry to hear this happened to you. Be patient, you might see it again.
It was about 15 years ago, I sold a T206 Cobb Red to some guy in Canada. The crook said he never received it even though I had USPS insured tracking on it. I contacted eBay, at that time, they said they can’t track packages going to Canada. I let it go, I proceeded to check this guys eBay twice a week. A little over a year went by and there it was, the crook posted my card for sale. I contacted eBay, I was refunded. Good Luck

GrayGhost
06-21-2020, 05:28 PM
Such a great hobby and still so many crooks. These stories make me sad

hcv123
06-21-2020, 06:03 PM
Ebay really needs to step up its game around these issues! I thankfully have not had any really costly scenarios yet, but have heard about way too many of them. Really curious why Ebay has chosen to be so one sided against honest sellers with a reasonable set of facts substantiating their position on this.

cammb
06-21-2020, 06:21 PM
Hey, Lou. An eye for an eye

loubrown
06-21-2020, 09:28 PM
I am way more upset at ebay than I am at the seller. I can block the seller. I can bash the seller. I can't protect everyone else from him though. That is Ebays job which they refuse to do. I already refunded the $25 before I realized that the reduced refund was ebays way of compensating me for getting stung. Unreal. I didn't even think about the metrics when I was on the phone with them but it likely still counts as a negative against me.

chalupacollects
06-22-2020, 07:34 AM
Just go buy something from him now and pull the same stunt... Street justice...

rjackson44
06-22-2020, 08:47 AM
Ebay really needs to step up its game around these issues! I thankfully have not had any really costly scenarios yet, but have heard about way too many of them. Really curious why Ebay has chosen to be so one sided against honest sellers with a reasonable set of facts substantiating their position on this.

hi howard they never will sad idiotic company

bbsports
06-22-2020, 08:49 AM
For years I have paid with postal money order. They protect the buyer as they have their own lawyers. Years ago I won a 1968 Topps Mantle PSA 8. In the mail right before I received the card, he sent me the tracking number saying all sales are final. I received a 68 Mantle ungraded with creases and divots in the card. I contacted the postal authorities, filled out their form, and they tracked the customer down. Not only did I receive my money back, I filed criminal charges against the seller for fraud.

savedfrommyspokes
06-22-2020, 08:52 AM
Lou, don't feel too bad, looks like this guy did the same thing to another seller with the 56 Aaron card that was in the same lot as your Killebrew. However, this other seller got a negative for sending the "wrong" card and then doing nothing.

bobbyw8469
06-22-2020, 08:56 AM
I blocked that POS. I am just amazed that he is allowed to get away with it.

GasHouseGang
06-22-2020, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the warning. I added him to my blocked list.

todeen
06-22-2020, 10:29 AM
I blocked that POS. I am just amazed that he is allowed to get away with it.Thanks for the warning. I added him to my blocked list.How do you block a seller?

Also, is there a reason card sellers haven't moved to Amazon?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Exhibitman
06-22-2020, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the warning; added to my blocked bidder list.

GasHouseGang
06-22-2020, 12:51 PM
How do you block a seller?

Also, is there a reason card sellers haven't moved to Amazon?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I don't know about blocking a seller, but you can block a buyer on ebay. If you go into My Ebay and pick the Account tab. Then under Account Settings pick Site Preference. Go down to Buyer Requirements and you can choose Edit on the far right to show your list of buyers to block. You can block those buyers you don't want to allow to buy what you are selling, based on stories like this.

jchcollins
06-22-2020, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunate, but not surprising that eBay won't help.

Jobu
06-22-2020, 01:11 PM
It took me some time to find the spot to block buyers. Here is a link:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/blocking-buyer-ebay?id=4082&st=3&pos=1&query=Blocking%20a%20buyer%20on%20eBay&intent=block%20buyer&lucenceai=lucenceai

scooter729
06-22-2020, 02:48 PM
I just went in to block the buyer, but eBay is telling me pauls49 is now not a valid ID.

Is the buyer on here, saw what's going on, and just changed his ID?

Edit: I see in the original post that the ID is pauld49, which worked. The title of the post references pauls49, so that was my confusion.

cammb
06-22-2020, 05:05 PM
Just go buy something from him now and pull the same stunt... Street justice...

+1

Republicaninmass
06-22-2020, 05:40 PM
He certainly deserves a slap, in the knickers

Huck
06-22-2020, 05:47 PM
I just went in to block the buyer, but eBay is telling me pauls49 is now not a valid ID.

Is the buyer on here, saw what's going on, and just changed his ID?

Edit: I see in the original post that the ID is pauld49, which worked. The title of the post references pauls49, so that was my confusion.

A thread should be started listing beware of buyer.

loubrown
06-22-2020, 07:21 PM
I have reached out to several sellers that have sold to him and he left feedback that indicated that he did the same thing to them (so yes he is an idiot). Looks like 20+ sales with the same comment. We'll see what ebay does when I provide with a list of 10+ sellers that he pulled the same crap with. Whats sad is that they have the access to all the conversations and should be reviewing it once I filed my claim. Guessing that they did not so I guess I have to do it for them. I'll continue to post on here what happens. The one guy that he left negative feedback for told him to take a hike because he knew that he was lying. His Aaron is in the same lot as my killebrew.

buymycards
06-22-2020, 07:41 PM
It took me some time to find the spot to block buyers. Here is a link:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/blocking-buyer-ebay?id=4082&st=3&pos=1&query=Blocking%20a%20buyer%20on%20eBay&intent=block%20buyer&lucenceai=lucenceai

Just go to Overview page on your seller's hub. The link is on the left side under shortcuts.

prestigecollectibles
06-22-2020, 10:44 PM
Lou, you should correct the sellers ID in your title. You have pauls49 but the correct ID is pauld49

BruceinGa
06-23-2020, 04:57 AM
I just blocked him, thanks.

Buythatcard
06-23-2020, 08:27 AM
A thread should be started listing beware of buyer.

It would be about 100 pages long.

megalimey
06-23-2020, 09:58 AM
https://www.ebay.com/sch/pauld49/m.html?item=274385428370&hash=item3fe2a55f92%3Ag%3AymAAAOSwgFxe1mx6&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

megalimey
06-23-2020, 10:02 AM
Lou, you should correct the sellers ID in your title. You have pauls49 but the correct ID is pauld49

ebay id is pauld49
he some stuff up now
https://www.ebay.com/sch/pauld49/m.html?item=274385428370&hash=item3fe2a55f92%3Ag%3AymAAAOSwgFxe1mx6&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Trigerb7
09-30-2022, 12:11 PM
Lou Brown,

I am just seeing this. Paul Slapnicker is trying to scam me now. He purchased 11 vintage cards from me on facebook. He informed me he is on social security and was buying to start a collection for his grandson. I put together a lot valued at over $70 for $50. I also sent him 12 ultramodern cards (trout, Tatis, ohtanI etc.) for his grandson. He paid per pay pal goods and services. He received the cards and reported he didn't get the Johnny Bench AS 1969 or a Hank Arron 1972 Action card. He eluded I scammed him. I sent pictures of the front and back immediately before packaging all 23 cards. I contacted the administrator on the facebook group and they kicked him out. I also blocked him. The next day he opened a paypal claim for $25 refund stating he only received 9 out of 11 cards.

Paypal says I don't have any evidence that I was scammed. I then researched his name which led me here. I read your post and see he is also Pauld49 on ebay. He is already selling 8 of my cards on ebay. Paypal asked for my address, they are telling him to send all of the cards back and then they will refund him.

I provided all the messages from facebook and also you forum post. I am sickened by this. It is not about the $25, its the principal at this point.

Casey2296
09-30-2022, 12:18 PM
We should all buy cards from this slapdick guy and run his scam on him.

Trigerb7
09-30-2022, 12:31 PM
Pay pal is asking for a screenshot of his full name address or phone number linking him to Pauld49. They need proof he is the owner of the account to deny his claim. I have no idea how I would get that unless he purchased from someone.

gonefishin
09-30-2022, 12:35 PM
I blocked him - the story about the Grandson sickens me! I have a Grandson. He may inherit all my cards. I want him to know that ALL the cards in my possession I received honestly! What a turd.

gonefishin
09-30-2022, 12:43 PM
I just checked, and pauld49 has over 3000 feedbacks and all are positive. Is this the correct user ID?

toledo_mudhen
09-30-2022, 12:55 PM
Yea - Just saw the same thing

Pauld has over 3200 Feedback - 100% Positive

Probably need to make sure we are outting the correct person -

Trigerb7
09-30-2022, 01:00 PM
Yes it’s correct. I am going to post screenshots. eBay won’t allow a buyer to receive negative feedback so you have to read the comments. I have posted one here. I am also posting out conversation and my cards already on his eBay page. PayPal is requiring him to send them all back.

gonefishin
09-30-2022, 01:11 PM
Wow - crazy! Yes, I blocked the correct person. Good Luck.

Dead-Ball-Hitter
09-30-2022, 01:29 PM
I blocked pauld49 as well. Pretty soon he'll only be able to buy Pokemon cards from the Philipines!

bobbyw8469
09-30-2022, 01:53 PM
surfe-3 is another one to block. He tried to get me. And he DID get another seller.

Pat R
09-30-2022, 01:54 PM
And this is a perfect example of the stupidity of ebay not letting the seller leave negative feedback.

I would like to know how many refunds or partial refunds this idiot has received.

Just take a look at his feedback left for others he had "minor problems solved". with every seller on this page 14 of them and all of them with different sellers.

Eric72
10-01-2022, 10:52 AM
Added to my block list. Fortunately, I haven't dealt with him. However, I have had similar knuckleheads try this. I've always reminded them to look through the package thoroughly, make sure they haven't thrown an item away, held the line, and provided pictures of the items plus shipping label on an otherwise empty table.

If they persist, I'll thank them for alerting me to someone tampering with the US Mail. I'll let them know I'll be at the Post Office in the morning to talk with my local Postmaster and open an investigation. The buyer usually "finds" the "missing" item(s) later that day.

On the rare occasion on which I involved eBay:

Stick to the facts...NO emotion, name calling, accusations, etc.
Be POLITE...if you go into this with both guns blazing, expect the other side to return fire.
Be PERSISTENT with eBay...don't let someone scam you.
If the front-line CS Rep won't (or can't) handle your case, don't be afraid to ESCALATE it.

55koufax
10-01-2022, 11:17 AM
Ebay claimed that they are not card experts and it is not their place to really do anything.

If eBay claims not to be card experts, why are we waiting two weeks + to receive a PSA graded card they intercept to authenticate themselves?

If they can authenticate cards without being "card experts" I'd like to know theit qualifications.......:p

sonnyu2
10-01-2022, 11:59 AM
If eBay claims not to be card experts, why are we waiting two weeks + to receive a PSA graded card they intercept to authenticate themselves?

If they can authenticate cards without being "card experts" I'd like to know theit qualifications.......:p

Ebay does not do the authenticating. Graded cards go to PSA. Raw cards go to CSG.

MikeGarcia
10-01-2022, 12:04 PM

..Has anyone on the forum ever been told to send a baseball card to E-Bay Auctions ? Details , please ?

mikemb
10-01-2022, 12:07 PM
Went to block him and he was already on my list of blocked buyers.

Mike

Casey2296
10-01-2022, 02:10 PM
..Has anyone on the forum ever been told to send a baseball card to E-Bay Auctions ? Details , please ?

Yes, I'm not sure of the threshold but any cards over $700? Get shipped to authentication.

CurtisFlood
10-01-2022, 02:11 PM
I have not had any problems with ebay buying or selling because I quit them totally in 2005 due to similar problems as these. I do not miss the phonies that exercise their scams on that site.

commishbob
10-01-2022, 03:01 PM
This the guy?

https://www.facebook.com/paul.slapnicker.7

commishbob
10-01-2022, 03:11 PM

If you are refering to eBay Authentication then yes, I did recently. Went smoothly:

Listed card on Monday September 19th
Sold on 20th
Shipped to authenticator on September 21, signature requested
Received notice of package received on Friday Set 23
Received notice of card authenticated on Monday the 26th
Payment released to me on September 28th.

As a first time seller (at least of anything of real value) I was happy to not have to worry about the "I never got it/I got an empty box/I got a different card" scammers.

Trigerb7
10-01-2022, 06:33 PM
Yes that’s him.

Trigerb7
10-01-2022, 06:38 PM
Unfortunately this sale was not through ebay. The sale was through a Facebook group and we completed the payment though PayPal goods and services. Papal has all of the information at this point and the case is still pending.

commishbob
10-01-2022, 08:02 PM
Yes that’s him.

Azzclown just started a new FB group. I'd post a link to this thread but he's the Admin and would just delete it.

Trigerb7
10-01-2022, 08:35 PM
Haha he starting a scammers for dummies group.

raulus
10-02-2022, 12:12 AM
Yes, I'm not sure of the threshold but any cards over $700? Get shipped to authentication.

Under the current eBay rules, graded cards over $350 and raw cards over $250 go through the authentication process.

They also disclose that it’s “currently” free. We’ll see if that changes, and it so, how much they charge for it.

luciobar1980
10-02-2022, 06:40 AM
what a dirtbag.

I'm tempted to write to him/people he knows on FB.

earlywynnfan
10-02-2022, 06:58 AM
Jumpin' Jiminey, two people hitting the front page in less than a month from my obscure little suburban high school! :mad:

Maybe Kareem Hunt will have a great day tomorrow.

Trigerb7
10-02-2022, 08:56 AM
The case has been resolved. The case was canceled buy the buyer!!!!

Eric72
10-02-2022, 08:43 PM
The case has been resolved. The case was canceled buy the buyer!!!!

Which case? The one Lou Brown mentioned in the original post?

Trigerb7
10-02-2022, 09:38 PM
Which case? The one Lou Brown mentioned in the original post?

No, see my response to Lou that started a few days ago. Same guy that scammed Lou tried to scam me.

Eric72
10-02-2022, 11:16 PM
No, see my response to Lou that started a few days ago. Same guy that scammed Lou tried to scam me.

Gotcha. Glad the POS scammer wasn’t successful trying to rip you off.

parkplace33
10-03-2022, 10:07 AM
Yes it’s correct. I am going to post screenshots. eBay won’t allow a buyer to receive negative feedback so you have to read the comments. I have posted one here. I am also posting out conversation and my cards already on his eBay page. PayPal is requiring him to send them all back.

Terrible person. What facebook group was this?

Leon
10-03-2022, 10:18 AM

That has been fixed.
Back to the scam. I have an eBay friend in a pretty high place that can help me with stuff like this, but since the second transaction wasn't on eBay, I doubt I can get help.
What a scumbag this guy is. He will get what's coming to him. Karma and all...

JustinD
10-04-2022, 01:32 AM
As you have his address and it took me about 5 minutes to get it myself along with phone numbers and at least 5 email addresses it might be fun to contact his local post office and police station. The accumulated mail fraud might make a fun call from the local authorities. If you want to have fun with it, ask them to call on November 18th so you can give him a happy birthday.

Even if it likely amounts to not much criminally to the cops, the call might scare him off scamming more people.

ushojh1
10-04-2022, 06:46 AM
If I see this guys mug at any Houston show I will make sure everyone in the room knows what a P.O.S. this guy is!

ejstel
10-04-2022, 04:48 PM
I guess his ratings as a seller are great...because most anything he sells are at 0 cost :) and he ships them.

His scam is at buying...in which he gets the cards for free.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

hockeyhockey
10-04-2022, 05:08 PM
This the guy?

https://www.facebook.com/paul.slapnicker.7

works for NASA. you can't make this stuff up

Trigerb7
10-04-2022, 11:06 PM
I guess his ratings as a seller are great...because most anything he sells are at 0 cost :) and he ships them.

His scam is at buying...in which he gets the cards for free.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

100% correct. He is a perfect seller but his scams take place when buying.

Trigerb7
10-04-2022, 11:12 PM
Terrible person. What facebook group was this?

Vintage baseball cards only 1868 - 1979 keep it real!

Trigerb7
10-04-2022, 11:14 PM
As you have his address and it took me about 5 minutes to get it myself along with phone numbers and at least 5 email addresses it might be fun to contact his local post office and police station. The accumulated mail fraud might make a fun call from the local authorities. If you want to have fun with it, ask them to call on November 18th so you can give him a happy birthday.

Even if it likely amounts to not much criminally to the cops, the call might scare him off scamming more people.

To be honest, I exhausted too much energy on this. I’m burnt over $25. I’m just glad I didn’t give up.

Trigerb7
10-04-2022, 11:16 PM
Gotcha. Glad the POS scammer wasn’t successful trying to rip you off.

Thanks Eric.

Stampsfan
10-05-2022, 12:00 AM
If eBay claims to not be card experts, what (of the thousands of items they are the broker for) categories are they experts in?

Seems like a blanket statement for anything that is available on their site.

Leon
10-05-2022, 10:13 AM
Paul, the seller, has emailed me this morning. We are emailing back and forth. He says you guys got it all wrong. I asked him why he is selling a card he said he never received. We'll see....

Leon
10-05-2022, 10:26 AM
Paul, the seller, has emailed me this morning. We are emailing back and forth. He says you guys got it all wrong. I asked him why he is selling a card he said he never received. We'll see....

and his response-

"I was off of ebay from october 2019 thru september 2022. I was very ill. I just now started selling and buying in the last few weeks. I had an issue with 2 sellers. because I got the orders mixed up. I tried to contact Brandon Treadaway from facebook to let him know I found the 2 cards I said did not arrive but he blocked me from contacting him but I did close the paypal dispute, I had another issue on facebook with missing cards but contacted the member to tell him I found the card. I try to be as honest as I can be. I hope you will help me in this matter. Thank you so much.
pauld49"

Trigerb7
10-05-2022, 02:11 PM
and his response-

"I was off of ebay from october 2019 thru september 2022. I was very ill. I just now started selling and buying in the last few weeks. I had an issue with 2 sellers. because I got the orders mixed up. I tried to contact Brandon Treadaway from facebook to let him know I found the 2 cards I said did not arrive but he blocked me from contacting him but I did close the paypal dispute, I had another issue on facebook with missing cards but contacted the member to tell him I found the card. I try to be as honest as I can be. I hope you will help me in this matter. Thank you so much.
pauld49"

Leon,
I don’t believe a word this guy says. He told me he was buying for his grandsons collection. I added over 10 ultra modern cards for free. If he bought these for his Grandson why is he selling them all on ebay. He is a pathological liar.

Pat R
10-05-2022, 04:01 PM
Looks and sounds like another Larry to me. If anyone is buying his story just take a look at his feedback left for others from his purchases. The last 30 purchases he made according to his feedback he had problems with 23 of the 30 most of them saying he didn't get all of the cards or "minor problem was resolved" and I bet that means he received a refund or partial refund with the same BS.

Trigerb7
10-05-2022, 05:42 PM
Looks and sounds like another Larry to me. If anyone is buying his story just take a look at his feedback left for others from his purchases. The last 30 purchases he made according to his feedback he had problems with 23 of the 30 most of them saying he didn't get all of the cards or "minor problem was resolved" and I bet that means he received a refund or partial refund with the same BS.

Yes I saw your screen shot above. He is definitely working the system. He knows how to manipulate sellers. They normally will fold because they don’t want to deal with the BS and worry about negative feedback.

bass37
10-06-2022, 05:05 PM
All cards can look the same. Quit bullying this guy.

Leon
10-06-2022, 05:10 PM

LOL...says the guy...
can't make this crap up!!

Kutcher55
10-06-2022, 05:11 PM

Hi Paul.

rjackson44
10-06-2022, 05:12 PM
Just that name would make me run lol

JollyElm
10-06-2022, 05:19 PM
Just that name would make me run lol

"Hello, I'm Paul Slapnicker, of the Providence, Rhode Island Slapnickers."

Exhibitman
10-06-2022, 05:40 PM
With all the scammers out there in this scam culture of ours, when someone you don't know gives you a story trying to get stuff from you, the only safe response is "Wait, wait...Nope, just decided I don't care." Some examples:

"I am collecting on a limited budget."
--Response: "I'm sorry to hear that. The price is still the same."

"It is for my personal collection."
--Response: "What you do with the card after you buy it is your own business. The price is still the same."

"I am buying this for my ___"
--Response: "That's very nice of you, but I don't know the kid, so the price is still the same."

"I saw one last week for less money."
--Response: "Then you should have grabbed that one. The price is still the same."

"Can you do any better on this?
--Response: "Probably, but the price is still the same."

And last but not least: "You're a real ______!"
--Response: "You may be right about that. The price is still the same."

Exhibitman
10-06-2022, 05:43 PM
"Hello, I'm Paul Slapnicker, of the Providence, Rhode Island Slapnickers."

Nice to meet you, Slapnicker. I'm one of the Louisiana Soggybottom Boys.

commishbob
10-06-2022, 05:48 PM
all cards can look the same. Quit bullying this guy.

Trigerb7
10-06-2022, 06:55 PM
With all the scammers out there in this scam culture of ours, when someone you don't know gives you a story trying to get stuff from you, the only safe response is "Wait, wait...Nope, just decided I don't care." Some examples:

--Response: "What you do with the card after you buy it is your own business. The price is still the same."

--Response: "That's very nice of you, but I don't know the kid, so the price is still the same."

--Response: "Then you should have grabbed that one. The price is still the same."

It’s sad but I learned my lesson. The old buying for my grandsons and I’m on the social security budget got me. Glad I didn’t loose money, just time fighting with PayPal.

If kindness is my weakness, I guess I can live with it.

Trigerb7
10-06-2022, 07:00 PM
LOL...says the guy...
can't make this crap up!!

Your joking right? 1st post near Dallas :eek:

Leon
10-06-2022, 07:08 PM
Your joking right? 1st post near Dallas :eek:

I am near Dallas, just north, not sure where Paul is from. And no, I wouldn't joke about that being Paul if it isn't.

Trigerb7
10-06-2022, 07:23 PM
I am near Dallas, just north, not sure where Paul is from. And no, I wouldn't joke about that being Paul if it isn't.

Well your right then, you really can’t make this crap up. Lol

carlsonjok
10-06-2022, 08:25 PM

This reminds me of a classic (NSFW) movie scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3bhh8fqYs

Eric72
10-06-2022, 08:42 PM

Some cards look similar. To a great many members of this group, though, even minor differences between two cards are glaringly obvious.

Michael B
10-06-2022, 09:20 PM

With all those stories, you must be a man of constant sorrows. Though the Soggy Bottom Boys were from Mississippi.

brianp-beme
10-07-2022, 12:51 AM
With all those stories, you must be a man of constant sorrows. Though the Soggy Bottom Boys were from Mississippi.

A Soggy Bottom is a Soggy Bottom, no matter where the Boy is from.

Brian (I assume Mr. Slapnicker turned to a life of petty crime as the result of the constant teasing he received about his name when growing up)

Michael B
10-07-2022, 03:09 AM
A Soggy Bottom is a Soggy Bottom, no matter where the Boy is from.

Brian (I assume Mr. Slapnicker turned to a life of petty crime as the result of the constant teasing he received about his name when growing up)

Reference to the movie.

Neal
10-07-2022, 05:58 AM
He started a vintage card group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/361396382786767/permalink/361942236065515/

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

bass37
10-07-2022, 06:44 AM
I have seen many posts about a certain guy. But my belief is that how can anyone claim they can identify a certain card unless they tampered with it. In that case it should have been sold to any buyer. To me every card has the same marks on it. You should stop bullying this guy. It's not the mature way.

refz
10-07-2022, 07:14 AM
I don’t mean to de-rail this thread, or dig up old dirt, and I apologize if there was a thread on this long ago. Back in the early 1990s anyone remember the scammer Joe Sak? He had advertisements in most of the hobby price guides and such. I remember as a youngster, my father sending away to him for some BS team packs (tcma team packs) and crap like that. I remember all the extra postage that guy requested and sase’s. Time goes by and we received a certified federal letter stating, they nailed this guy for fraud and many other things. He was stealing the extra, unused stamps that we sent in. I was like whoaaa.. The situation blew our minds.

toledo_mudhen
10-07-2022, 07:33 AM

Which one are you?

Big Lug, Isum Gorch, Smilin' Jack, Horace Mouthamush, Troscliar Boudreaux, or Cottonmouth Gorch

luciobar1980
10-07-2022, 07:56 AM
I have seen many posts about a certain guy. But my belief is that how can anyone claim they can identify a certain card unless they tampered with it. In that case it should have been sold to any buyer. To me every card has the same marks on it. You should stop bullying this guy. It's not the mature way.

Ummm. What?

JustinD
10-07-2022, 08:10 AM

You really have an impressive way of not understanding how the internet works Paul.

I have a strong suspicion this chain is going to be a board meme for many years to come if it keeps progressing like this, maybe start threatening Archive.

Louisville_Hugger
10-07-2022, 09:35 AM
Someone is gonna end up paying Paul a visit. You push the wrong person or f with the wrong person’s money and you find out…..

commishbob
10-07-2022, 10:40 AM

Referring to yourself as 'a certain guy' bumps this from amusing to potentially a classic thread. How's the FB group with all those reprint Mantles going?

Yoda
10-07-2022, 10:53 AM
Remember, Paul, we know where you live (I think).

G1911
10-07-2022, 10:58 AM
Okay we've gone from a scammer posting BS to what appear to be two threats of violence, and the morning is just getting going.

Who's got the Michael Jackson popcorn gif?

Exhibitman
10-07-2022, 11:30 AM
I have a strong suspicion this chain is going to be a board meme for many years to come if it keeps progressing like this, maybe start threatening Archive.

I like applesauce.

Whilst we are amused by your antics, Archive, it will not prevent us from assembling a world-class collection.

Leon
10-07-2022, 12:28 PM
Referring to yourself as 'a certain guy' bumps this from amusing to potentially a classic thread. How's the FB group with all those reprint Mantles going?

So far he hasn't realized I put his name under his id. He is still just the guy everyone is berating, thinking he is unknown. I, too, am waiting for Archive to post. Next he might try to sue himself!!

bass37
10-07-2022, 05:10 PM
The guy has a perfect ebay record. You are confused. Noone is perfect.

JollyElm
10-07-2022, 05:19 PM
Let me help Mr. Slaphappy out, so he can see what the rest of us do...

G1911
10-07-2022, 05:50 PM
How does he still not notice? 30 IQ moves here.

ullmandds
10-07-2022, 05:57 PM
Jimmy likes elaine.

JollyElm
10-07-2022, 06:23 PM
It's no surprise that, in English slang, to "nick" something (as in Slapnicker) is to steal.

Fraud
The illicit senses of 'nick' start in the later 16th century in reference to what was later 'chiseling': cheating or defrauding debtors and the poor for one's own benefit (sense III.15.a).

"How doth he nick the debter now by hault exacting wayes."

Mark17
10-07-2022, 07:25 PM
It's no surprise that, in English slang, to "nick" something (as in Slapnicker) is to steal.

Fraud
The illicit senses of 'nick' start in the later 16th century in reference to what was later 'chiseling': cheating or defrauding debtors and the poor for one's own benefit (sense III.15.a).

"How doth he nick the debter now by hault exacting wayes."

And I thought the name had to do with other inappropriate behavior:

knick·ers (nĭk′ərz)
pl.n.
a. Long bloomers formerly worn as underwear by women and girls.
b. Chiefly British Panties.
2. Full breeches gathered and banded just below the knee.
[Short for knickerbockers.]

Slapping such might result in receiving a slap in return.

Tabe
10-08-2022, 01:07 AM

I don't know who "Noone" is but I'm pretty certain he or she is not perfect.

brianp-beme
10-08-2022, 01:37 AM
Let me help Mr. Slaphappy out, so he can see what the rest of us do...

bass37 (p@ul slap.nicker) is obviously not this Paul Slapnicker character. For one thing, the 'p' and 's' are not capitalized. And there is an '@' symbol instead of an 'a', and a period is between the 'slap' and the 'nicker'.

Thus in conclusion, two different people who have somewhat similar (but when closely examined, not really) names.

Brian

JollyElm
10-08-2022, 02:52 AM
bass37 (p@ul slap.nicker) is obviously not this Paul Slapnicker character. For one thing, the 'p' and 's' are not capitalized. And there is an '@' symbol instead of an 'a', and a period is between the 'slap' and the 'nicker'.

Thus in conclusion, two different people who have somewhat similar (but when closely examined, not really) names.

Brian

What's the over/under for the number of members who don't pick up on your facetiousness? :D

earlywynnfan
10-08-2022, 06:06 AM
Danny Noone wasn't perfect, but he made the final putt thanks to a gopher

bass37
10-08-2022, 08:56 AM
I don't know what you members are talking about. He has a perfect score on ebay for over 20 years. How many of you can say that. I think the bullying should stop. Please don't act like 12-year-old children in here.

Carter08
10-08-2022, 09:04 AM
I don't know what you members are talking about. He has a perfect score on ebay for over 20 years. How many of you can say that. I think the bullying should stop. Please don't act like 12-year-old children in here.

“He” lol

EddieP
10-08-2022, 09:24 AM
This thread has become too funny:D

Flintboy
10-08-2022, 09:36 AM
The potential for this to be an all time classic thread is building every day.

EddieP
10-08-2022, 09:39 AM

Why are you defending him? Are you related to this guy? I doubt you even know him. People here have done business with this guy.

Eric72
10-08-2022, 09:39 AM

1 - I don't know what you members are talking about.

We're commenting on Paul Slapnicker, a person against whom evidence has been presented related to fraudulent activity against one or more members of Net54.

2 - He has a perfect score on ebay for over 20 years.

Whereas it pertains to someone performing scams as a buyer, that's largely irrelevant. It is not possible for sellers to leave negative or neutral feedback for a buyer.

3 - How many of you can say that.

I can. So can many others on Net54.

4 - I think the bullying should stop.

Thanks for offering your opinions. However, some people would not consider anything posted within this thread to qualify as "bullying." There are differences between bullying and calling out a fraudulent actor. Bullying is offensive, in more ways than one. Calling out a scammer is much more of a defensive mechanism, used to safeguard and protect a community.

5 - Please don't act like 12-year-old children in here.

Good luck with that. You're addressing a group of individuals who collect pieces of cardboard with pictures of long-dead sporting men.

[/QUOTE]

brianp-beme
10-08-2022, 09:40 AM
What's the over/under for the number of members who don't pick up on your facetiousness? :D

Including, it seems, the perp himself.

Brian

BillyCoxDodgers3B
10-08-2022, 10:28 AM
Anyone for some Steak n' Chop?

G1911
10-08-2022, 10:36 AM
I can’t think of a PC way to describe the immensity of this man’s stupidity. It’s been pointed out directly several times, even with screenshots, and he doesn’t get it. Classic

robw1959
10-08-2022, 10:47 AM
It absolutely sucks, sorry to hear this happened to you. Be patient, you might see it again.
It was about 15 years ago, I sold a T206 Cobb Red to some guy in Canada. The crook said he never received it even though I had USPS insured tracking on it. I contacted eBay, at that time, they said they can’t track packages going to Canada. I let it go, I proceeded to check this guys eBay twice a week. A little over a year went by and there it was, the crook posted my card for sale. I contacted eBay, I was refunded. Good Luck

Wow . . . eBay really had your back at that time. It seems as though the eBay seller keeps getting less and less of that kind of coverage as time goes by.

robw1959
10-08-2022, 10:51 AM
For years I have paid with postal money order. They protect the buyer as they have their own lawyers. Years ago I won a 1968 Topps Mantle PSA 8. In the mail right before I received the card, he sent me the tracking number saying all sales are final. I received a 68 Mantle ungraded with creases and divots in the card. I contacted the postal authorities, filled out their form, and they tracked the customer down. Not only did I receive my money back, I filed criminal charges against the seller for fraud.

This is so good to know! If anyone can track them down, it's the Post Office.

boneheadandrube
10-08-2022, 10:55 AM
Why do keep thinking the name is Paul Puckslapper?

Leon
10-08-2022, 12:43 PM
FYI, Upon registration I called good ole "guy" and we had a pleasant enough chat. I only told him, something like, it looks like you have some issues going on. I forget what he told me but don't think he understood exactly what I said. Just wanted to throw it out there that he is a very confirmed member :).....until this saga is over. Then, probably not so much.

and a miscut F50 as it is seems fitting, somehow.

bobbyw8469
10-08-2022, 12:47 PM
The problem I have with the whole ordeal is that it looks like he stole someone's card and put it in his own collection to sell. That is theft.

Leon
10-08-2022, 12:51 PM
The problem I have with the whole ordeal is that it looks like he stole someone's card and put it in his own collection to sell. That is theft.

I think that is what we all have an issue with, except the guy. :)

D. Bergin
10-08-2022, 12:58 PM
I used to think the flat-earther movement was a satirical or ironic group meant for chuckles and guffaws...similar to the "Birds Aren't Real" gang.

My daughter, who's more entrenched in internet culture then myself, pointed out to me, through dozens of sincere and earnest videos and testimonials, that it is in fact, not satirical at all.

Rather then being amused, it depressed me that people with this type of cognitive understanding of the world, not only exist, but exist in much greater numbers, and across more types of demographics then I could have ever imagined.

Either this Paul Slapnicker is a character straight out of a mid-90's Jim Carrey movie, in which case it's almost sad... or he's a straight up troll putting on a persona through a fictional character, to steal cheap baseball cards and garner ego points for riling up a vintage sports card chat forum.

I'm not sure which one is more depressing. :(:(

npa589
10-08-2022, 01:21 PM
Alright - I'm all caught up.

Wow.

quinnsryche
10-08-2022, 01:32 PM
I don't know who "Noone" is but I'm pretty certain he or she is not perfect.

Wasn't he the singer for Herman's Hermit's? :D

Dead-Ball-Hitter
10-08-2022, 01:35 PM
Me>> "Hi is this Paul Puckpicker?"

Paul>> "Picksucker"

Me>> "Oh sorry Paul, my bad. Hey I heard you stole a few cards from a fellow board member, any comment?"

Paul>> "Listen, I'm a US postal worker and my mail truck is frequently ambushed by a band of backwoods, package-hating, survivalists. Maybe that's what happened to these items. Plus, I don't trust the seller. I think he regifted, then he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super bowl sex romp."

Me>> "Yeah, uh, interesting... So Paul, we all know what you did. Just give back what you took and all is forgiven."

Paul>> "I have an eye patch, I'm a pirate, sailors and sellers beware!"

Transcript of an actual conversation...
...Kidding of course

ALR-bishop
10-08-2022, 04:20 PM
Danny Noone wasn't perfect, but he made the final putt thanks to a gopher

And played ball under an alias

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/jj555/Bishop539/.highres/img057.jpg?width=301&height=370&fit=bounds
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/jj555/Bishop539/.highres/img058.jpg?width=558&height=370&fit=bounds

bass37
10-08-2022, 05:16 PM
If you guys intend to punish a man for having a higher ebay rating than you. Then you are tossing around accusations for no other reason but to damage his repudiation on ebay and face book just so you can sell more. Wow, you guys are like crying 3rd graders.You should give it up guys and just try to enjoy your hobby.

Kutcher55
10-08-2022, 05:22 PM
We would enjoy the hobby much more if lying, scamming scumbags like you were consistently brought to Justice. Do you even believe your own lies at this point, man?

Kutcher55
10-08-2022, 06:18 PM
And in light of the evidence presented, every single additional post makes you look more and more despicable, calling people children when you act like a 3 year old. Oh the hypocrisy. And you think people are doing this to help their own sales? Wtf man? How can you even look at yourself in the mirror?

If it’s all just a carefully planned ruse then nice job I guess.

ullmandds
10-08-2022, 06:27 PM
If you guys intend to punish a man for having a higher ebay rating than you. Then you are tossing around accusations for no other reason but to damage his repudiation on ebay and face book just so you can sell more. Wow, you guys are like crying 3rd graders.You should give it up guys and just try to enjoy your hobby.

repudiation?

67airborne
10-08-2022, 06:54 PM
[QUOTE=bass37
You should give it up guys and just try to enjoy your hobby

bass37
10-08-2022, 07:05 PM
Geese, you guys are something else. Thats not what I heard at all. I was told he found the cards, but the seller blocked him before he had a chance to correct it. He opened the paypal dispute to flush this immature person out. I guess he did right. Thats what you get when you block someone. Goodnight children.

babraham
10-08-2022, 07:23 PM
Geese, you guys are something else. Thats not what I heard at all. I was told he found the cards, but the seller blocked him before he had a chance to correct it. He opened the paypal dispute to flush this immature person out. I guess he did right. Thats what you get when you block someone. Goodnight children.

"He"?

Eric72
10-08-2022, 07:50 PM

Geese?

G1911
10-08-2022, 08:07 PM

“Damage his repudiation” lol. Still hasn’t figured out we all can see who he actually is. You have to try to be this mentally disabled.

commishbob
10-08-2022, 08:59 PM
He's gotta know and he's just playing along, or trolling us, right? I mean he's gotta know his damm name is right there. C'mon, man.

Because if he isn't aware by now then he's the dimmest of dimbulbs.

EddieP
10-08-2022, 09:03 PM

I suspect you are he,

Jim65
10-08-2022, 10:30 PM

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Jewish-collector
10-08-2022, 10:48 PM
This is one of those threads that ya just gotta say, "WTF" 537423537423537423537423537423

robw1959
10-09-2022, 12:41 AM
I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before in the ten years I've been on this forum . . . a thread where the OP is calling out a scammer, and the scammer then responds by pretending to be a neutral party to it all, but is really the scammer himself and seems to be oblivious to the fact that all of us know this! We didn't even have this kind of merry-go-round with Battlefield Vintage. It's kind of epic, really.

martyp
10-09-2022, 01:45 AM
I did a search for pauld49 and received "the seller User IDs you entered was not found"

Mark17
10-09-2022, 03:31 AM
Lou Brown,

I am just seeing this. Paul Slapnicker is trying to scam me now. He purchased 11 vintage cards from me on facebook. He informed me he is on social security and was buying to start a collection for his grandson. I put together a lot valued at over $70 for $50. I also sent him 12 ultramodern cards (trout, Tatis, ohtanI etc.) for his grandson. He paid per pay pal goods and services. He received the cards and reported he didn't get the Johnny Bench AS 1969 or a Hank Arron 1972 Action card. He eluded I scammed him. I sent pictures of the front and back immediately before packaging all 23 cards. I contacted the administrator on the facebook group and they kicked him out. I also blocked him. The next day he opened a paypal claim for $25 refund stating he only received 9 out of 11 cards.

Paypal says I don't have any evidence that I was scammed. I then researched his name which led me here. I read your post and see he is also Pauld49 on ebay. He is already selling 8 of my cards on ebay. Paypal asked for my address, they are telling him to send all of the cards back and then they will refund him.

I provided all the messages from facebook and also you forum post. I am sickened by this. It is not about the $25, its the principal at this point.

Clicking on one of the links for this guy's stuff on ebay, a different ID comes up: vtg-dd. Do these Ohtani and Tatis cards look familiar?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284994792518

BillyCoxDodgers3B
10-09-2022, 06:26 AM
He's gotta know and he's just playing along, or trolling us, right? I mean he's gotta know his damm name is right there. C'mon, man.

Because if he isn't aware by now then he's the dimmest of dimbulbs.

Or the greatest comedic mind to ever visit this forum.

I'd feel much differently if I was ripped off by "he", but man, this is some first class entertainment.

bass37
10-09-2022, 07:01 AM
I think you guys are taking things a little too far. You guys should find something constructive to do rather than pick on a guy who has done nothing wrong. It makes me chickle every time I read these posts.

bass37
10-09-2022, 07:11 AM
If you didn't run away and block him he was trying to contact you that he found the cards. When you block someone, they cannot contact you. So, who's fault is this? Certainly not his. He tried to right the situation, but you wanted to play games. This man needs an apology not bullied.

ullmandds
10-09-2022, 07:12 AM
back to our normal programming...this "joke" is no longer amusing.

Pat R
10-09-2022, 07:30 AM
I did a search for pauld49 and received "the seller User IDs you entered was not found"

Yes ironically a day or two after this thread was bumped the "innocent guy" removed all of his cards for sale and a few days later deleted his account or changed his ebay username.

EddieP
10-09-2022, 07:35 AM
This guy has an IQ of a rock.

67airborne
10-09-2022, 07:47 AM
This guy has an IQ of a rock.

Eddie
If not a rock, definitely related. Maybe more like pumice.

I’m not sure about anyone else reading this. But as a collector of baseball cards, I have never shipped or been shipped (cards) in a way that they could be lost in the same package as other cards. You either ship them or you don’t. It’s not like they were put into the folds of a box and the rest sent in the box. If your going to spin a story, at least use material that makes some sense. Even though we all enjoy the humor.

Kutcher55
10-09-2022, 07:56 AM
Feels increasingly like some version of gaslighting. I vote for banned immediately at this point. Whoever is writing this for whatever reason is a pos who needs to be muzzled.

bass37
10-09-2022, 08:36 AM
He had to go to extensive measures to contact the seller of the cards. The seller blocked him before the poor guy had a chance to tell him he found those cards. I would blame the seller on this one. He jumped the gun. He has a 100% feedback rating on his Ohio account.

bigfish
10-09-2022, 09:08 AM
I think you guys are taking things a little too far. You guys should find something constructive to do rather than pick on a guy who has done nothing wrong. It makes me chickle every time I read these posts.

Reading these posts makes me chickle……

earlywynnfan
10-09-2022, 09:20 AM
He had to go to extensive measures to contact the seller of the cards. The seller blocked him before the poor guy had a chance to tell him he found those cards. I would blame the seller on this one. He jumped the gun. He has a 100% feedback rating on his Ohio account.

Is he in Ohio or Texas??

bass37
10-09-2022, 09:46 AM
I only sell on ebay anymore. Facebook has all scammers. People think fake cards are reprints. Not true guys. Plus the fact is people selling on facebook are the scammers.They say mint condition HAHA more like fair condition. A guy in Kenner does that.

carlsonjok
10-09-2022, 10:17 AM
I only sell on ebay anymore. Facebook has all scammers. People think fake cards are reprints. Not true guys. Plus the fact is people selling on facebook are the scammers.They say mint condition HAHA more like fair condition. A guy in Kenner does that.

This you, bro?

Pat R
10-09-2022, 11:14 AM

There are times when some of us bicker or even have heated discussions/arguments but the members of this group would never cheat someone in a card deal and in the rare occasion when someone does they're gone. Leon is pretty tolerant about most things but if you cheat someone on here you're gone as soon as he hears about it.

You keep bringing up "this guys" perfect ebay record well take some time and read these two threads "this guy" had a long standing perfect ebay record too.

https://net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=117099

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=243385

Mark17
10-09-2022, 12:07 PM
If you didn't run away and block him he was trying to contact you that he found the cards. When you block someone, they cannot contact you. So, who's fault is this? Certainly not his. He tried to right the situation, but you wanted to play games. This man needs an apology not bullied.

How do you know what he did? Are you and he siamese twins, attached at the head?

Aquarian Sports Cards
10-09-2022, 12:51 PM
I just keep thinking Bass37...

3rd Bass?

Except he's not actually dumb.

Trigerb7
10-09-2022, 01:02 PM
Hey Paul,

You claim you did nothing wrong. In reality you tried to scam me like you did countless times. I held my ground and discussed your scam with PayPal. They instructed me to upload my address for you to complete a FULL return for your $25. Once you figured out you had to send ALL the cards back it was over for you.

A friend of mine messaged you asking why you were selling cards you claimed you never received. In your response you referred to me as “acehighflush”. This was your cryptic message to me,
that I played the highest “poker” hand and you folded by closing the PayPal case.

This has nothing to do with you “finding the cards”. In reality you had them the entire time and were waiting for me to either refund you or you act like you suddenly found them.

And also, I will push this disgusting point! You claimed you were purchasing these for your Grandson’s collection. I was kind enough to throw in all of the ultramodern cards “trout, Ohtani, Arozarena etc.” You used quotes like “My Grandsons smiling”. Reality is your were smiling because this scam was working better because now you got more inventory to sell on EBay as Pauld49 and NOW changed to Vtg-dd.

I blocked you because I wasn’t about to engage with you. That’s exactly what you were looking for.

I despise people like you. All I can say is I pray that you will either stop this nonsense or eventually prosecuted.

Oh and by the way Paul…..I didn’t start this thread. I just piggybacked on it from freaking 2020.
You been scamming for way to damn long!

Br@ndon Tread@way

Trigerb7
10-09-2022, 01:21 PM
Clicking on one of the links for this guy's stuff on ebay, a different ID comes up: vtg-dd. Do these Ohtani and Tatis cards look familiar?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284994792518

Yup those are all the ones I sent him for free for his Grandson….

commishbob
10-09-2022, 01:30 PM
Yup those are all the ones I sent him for free for his Grandson….

What a lowlife punk he is.

bass37
10-09-2022, 04:50 PM
He couldn't take all the false harassment and bullying by the people in here. He went to a much friendlier site. Be careful.

babraham
10-09-2022, 04:55 PM
He couldn't take all the false harassment and bullying by the people in here. He went to a much friendlier site. Be careful.

Sounds good.
Bye Paul!

G1911
10-09-2022, 05:00 PM

Be careful? Or what? What are you going to do?

Dead-Ball-Hitter
10-09-2022, 05:09 PM
I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before in the ten years I've been on this forum . . . a thread where the OP is calling out a scammer, and the scammer then responds by pretending to be a neutral party to it all, but is really the scammer himself and seems to be oblivious to the fact that all of us know this! We didn't even have this kind of merry-go-round with Battlefield Vintage. It's kind of epic, really.

Rob, great summary. Everyone is in on the joke but him!

JustinD
10-09-2022, 05:16 PM

Was it a mail fraud chat room?

Eric72
10-09-2022, 05:51 PM
How do you know what he did? Are you and he siamese twins, attached at the head?

Maybe they're a new version of the Bruces?

brianp-beme
10-09-2022, 06:06 PM

Thankfully for him he still has you to be such an excellent advocate for his obviously misunderstood point of view.

Brian

JollyElm
10-09-2022, 06:46 PM
Hey, basshole37, perhaps this will help you understand who "he" is...

Mark17
10-09-2022, 07:24 PM
Maybe they're a new version of the Bruces?

That's what I'm thinking. Although there's kind of a spooky, halloweenish flavor to this one, as one Paul seems to be able to channel the other Paul.

vintagebaseballcardguy
10-09-2022, 08:08 PM
Just when I thought I had seen it all. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221010/41623f158815014a38c02b690a880aae.gif

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jchcollins
10-09-2022, 08:11 PM
Wow. Just…

Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vintagebaseballcardguy
10-09-2022, 08:14 PM
Could it be???https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221010/844fc87406c828c671e6de07c344d6a2.gif

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

commishbob
10-09-2022, 08:46 PM
https://ficquotes.com/images/quotes/captain-miller-saving-private-ryan-1998-8197.jpg

bass37
10-10-2022, 06:50 AM
why did you block him so fast before you had a chance to find out he did have the cards. You didn't give him a chance. You use so many different names on here. Seems a little fishy to me.

earlywynnfan
10-10-2022, 07:46 AM
why did you block him so fast before you had a chance to find out he did have the cards. You didn't give him a chance. You use so many different names on here. Seems a little fishy to me.

Why did "he" post them for sale when they were for his grandson? Seems a little mean to me.

Yoda
10-10-2022, 07:53 AM
Paul, I hate to say it but you are acting a tad schizoid.

BillyCoxDodgers3B
10-10-2022, 08:05 AM
You know what would be a lot of fun? If we referred to other people in this thread as "I".

Mark17
10-10-2022, 08:58 AM

What's fishy are the posts by a bass (37).

Dead-Ball-Hitter
10-10-2022, 09:16 AM
Hey Paul, saw your listing on FB for a fossilized skull and femur bone described by you as evidence of Early Man in Ohio circa 20,000 BC. Sorry to inform you that is in actuality the remains of a Cabbage Patch doll circa 1984. Perhaps lowering your price from $1.2M to $1.20 would be appropriate.

Rhotchkiss
10-10-2022, 10:18 AM
I been following this thread and I have come to two primary conclusions: (1) something is fundamentally wrong with this Paul fellow (I don’t know how else to say it in a politically correct way); and (2) because of 1, no rational question, response or appeal to Paul will elicit anything other than a response that reaffirms that something is fundamentally wrong this Paul fellow.

That said, this is a top 5 thread of the past few years!

bass37
10-10-2022, 10:22 AM
I purchased these cards. From a Facebook member, what is wrong with that? I am being stalked by people who have nothing better to do with their time.

scooter729
10-10-2022, 10:42 AM
I've got nothing of value to add here, but feel I need to get in on this fantastic thread - so I guess I'm just here to pad my post count.....

jamest206
10-10-2022, 10:46 AM
I've got nothing of value to add here, but feel I need to get in on this fantastic thread - so I guess I'm just here to pad my post count.....

Great idea!

Trigerb7
10-10-2022, 11:12 AM

Total transparency here. Please see screenshots below showing you or (he) told me several times you or (he) checked packages and you or (he) did not have them.

I even considered a refund but knew I sent them. After the back and forth there was no convincing it was a scam.

commishbob
10-10-2022, 11:18 AM
I purchased these cards. From a Facebook member, what is wrong with that? I am being stalked by people who have nothing better to do with their time.

Calling you out as a scammer and laughing at your clueless responses does not equal stalking.

'Stalking' is serious business. What's being done to you is what cats do with a small ball of yarn.

Trigerb7
10-10-2022, 11:47 AM

More fake news. I never claimed these cards were mint. I actually stated poor to fair.

Trigerb7
10-10-2022, 11:51 AM
More fake news. I never claimed these cards were mint. I actually stated poor to fair.

Pic attached

ullmandds
10-10-2022, 11:55 AM
can someone please call judge judy and move this along to the watercooler section!

Leon
10-10-2022, 11:59 AM
can someone please call judge judy and move this along to the watercooler section!

Have some patience. This thing could turn on a dime LOL

Trigerb7
10-10-2022, 12:00 PM

You have made a great point I’m done. I will let the sharks continue.

Dead-Ball-Hitter
10-10-2022, 12:06 PM
Hey Slapsticker, is it possible you have a local sasquatch that periodically rifles through your mail and may have initially taken these cards (only to later return them) so that you were confused at first and blamed the seller for not sending them?? Perhaps that's how they were available for you to resell almost immediately after "finding" them?

Just trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here Pinsmacker.... :eek:

G1911
10-10-2022, 12:08 PM
Calling you out as a scammer and laughing at your clueless responses does not equal stalking.

'Stalking' is serious business. What's being done to you is what cats do with a small ball of yarn.

To be fair, post 101 threatens that someone might commit violence against him, and 103 is a threat from someone else that people know where he lives. This guy is a dirtbag fraudster moron, but...

Eric72
10-10-2022, 12:58 PM
...You use so many different names on here...

Are you suggesting one individual may have multiple online personas? That would be as bad as joining a website and pretending you're not yourself. Who would do that?!?!?

raulus
10-10-2022, 01:38 PM
I been following this thread and I have come to two primary conclusions: (1) something is fundamentally wrong with this Paul fellow (I don’t know how else to say it in a politically correct way); and (2) because of 1, no rational question, response or appeal to Paul will elicit anything other than a response that reaffirms that something is fundamentally wrong this Paul fellow.

That said, this is a top 5 thread of the past few years!

I'm almost convinced that English may not be his first language. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I'm getting that sense based on the action here.

Leon
10-10-2022, 02:13 PM
I'm almost convinced that English may not be his first language. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I'm getting that sense based on the action here.

English is his first language. Think uneducated, backwoods simpleton, gone awry.

edited to add, my apologies to backwoods simpletons.

raulus
10-10-2022, 02:29 PM
English is his first language. Think uneducated, backwoods simpleton, gone awry.

Interesting. I guess that explains a lot.

JollyElm
10-10-2022, 03:03 PM
Coming soon to a The New Directory of Collectorisms near you... :D

635. Slapnickerhappy (also Slapnick Comedy) (eponym)
The group demeanor of net54 members anytime an obvious scam jockey shows up and laughably thinks he can swindle the collectors here without everyone exposing him.

See also: Splat Personality - when this offender tries to pretend he is not the very person everyone in the thread is referring to, and his attempt fails miserably.

bass37
10-10-2022, 05:03 PM
some guy from Kenner LA uses many names. He blocked me first. Now I am blocking every name he is using. Facebook and ebay. I think he will get the message. acehighflush, velasj2006,

Yoda
10-10-2022, 07:57 PM
Paul, nobody is stalking you. We are in a digital playground here, sort of like the Matrix. Why don't you take a valium, smoke a bit of weed and go to bed, promising to find a new "hobby" in the morning.

Mark17
10-10-2022, 09:39 PM
Paul, nobody is stalking you. We are in a digital playground here, sort of like the Matrix. Why don't you take a valium, smoke a bit of weed and go to bed, promising to find a new "hobby" in the morning.

But be sure to come back and post something tomorrow, so I'll have something to look forward to. I'm setting my alarm clock for 8:00 am CST.

bass37
10-11-2022, 06:57 AM
You are not telling the whole story my friend. There are always 2 sides to every story. Blocking someone is an awful thing to do do when in the middle of a conversation.

Tyruscobb
10-11-2022, 07:21 AM
You are not telling the whole story my friend. There are always 2 sides to every story. Blocking someone is an awful thing to do do when in the middle of a conversation.

I'm late to the party, but just read through the thread. I have a few questions that may help you explain what happened, and assist you in telling your side of the story.

1. The deal only involved 10-12 cards. I cannot image they came in a big box. You claim to have overlooked two cards, but then allegedly found them several days later.

Where were the cards hidden? How did you originally overlook them?

2. The private text/message thread indicates that the poster gave your grandson some free cards. You responded that they made your grandson smile. The same cards are now listed for sale.

How do you explain listing the cards for sale that allegedly brought joy to your grandson?

I don't know what happened or who, if anyone, is at fault. These are just a few questions that I think need answering.

bass37
10-11-2022, 07:52 AM
remember there are always 2 sides to every story.

butchie_t
10-11-2022, 08:13 AM

yep, you are right. Your side, and the truth.

Diametrically (adverb (with reference to opposition) completely; directly: [as submodifier] : two diametrically opposed viewpoints.) opposed under these parameters.

Why are you still here? BTW

Butch Turner

Leon
10-11-2022, 08:30 AM
Unbeknownst to the scammer, everyone but the emperor, sees he has no clothes on.
And to clarify your statement. There is his side, and his side, that he thinks we don't know about. IQ has to be right below a rock. This farce won't last too much longer.

yep, you are right. Your side, and the truth.

Diametrically (adverb (with reference to opposition) completely; directly: [as submodifier] : two diametrically opposed viewpoints.) opposed under these parameters.

Why are you still here? BTW

Butch Turner

earlywynnfan
10-11-2022, 09:02 AM

We're all waiting for your -- sorry, his -- side of the story. Why are you posting cards that were for your grandson??

Why is that so hard to answer?

parkplace33
10-11-2022, 09:18 AM
This may be the funniest thread I have ever read on Net54 :eek:

EddieP
10-11-2022, 09:33 AM
Man, this guy’s slow. 1) He still hasn’t figured that we know who he is and 2) it took him over 2 years to found out there was a post on Net54 dedicated to him.

brianp-beme
10-11-2022, 09:40 AM
I believe I have the answers to the following questions.

I'm late to the party, but just read through the thread. I have a few questions that may help you explain what happened, and assist you in telling your side of the story.

1. The deal only involved 10-12 cards. I cannot image they came in a big box. You claim to have overlooked two cards, but then allegedly found them several days later.

Where were the cards hidden? How did you originally overlook them?

Cards can be sneaky little bastards prone to scurrying to dark places upon exposure to light.

2. The private text/message thread indicates that the poster gave your grandson some free cards. You responded that they made your grandson smile. The same cards are now listed for sale.

How do you explain listing the cards for sale that allegedly brought joy to your grandson?

Obviously the grandson smiled greedily in anticipation of a monetary windfall when these cards were sold.

Brian

bass37
10-11-2022, 09:41 AM
That is a good term to use "SHARKS" I would match my ebay scores with anyone on this site. Including the "SHARKS" I think this is a total waste of my time. But at least I tried. I will continue buying and selling since 2002. I will keep posting on net54 only to buy and sell.

jayshum
10-11-2022, 09:43 AM
Man, this guy’s slow. 1) He still hasn’t figured that we know who he is and 2) it took him over 2 years to found out there was a post on Net54 dedicated to him.

I've been reading this thread, but I didn't realize until after your post (that made me look back at the dates) that it originally started 2 years ago then was revived in September because a different net54 member encountered the same guy. Hard to believe how long this has been going on for.

BillyCoxDodgers3B
10-11-2022, 09:51 AM
I will continue buying and selling since 2002. I will keep posting on net54 only to buy and sell.

Sweet! I've been looking for somebody repudiable to buy things from. Really itching for a '56 Killebrew. Got anything?

Yoda
10-11-2022, 09:52 AM
Paul, after all this, I seriously doubt anybody from this board would be the slightest bit interested in dealing with you. Caveat Emptor.

G1911
10-11-2022, 09:53 AM
I will keep posting on net54 only to buy and sell.

I have doubts you’ll survive long enough to get on the BST.

Leon
10-11-2022, 09:54 AM
Oh, I doubt that will happen.

That is a good term to use "SHARKS" I would match my ebay scores with anyone on this site. Including the "SHARKS" I think this is a total waste of my time. But at least I tried. I will continue buying and selling since 2002. [B]I will keep posting on net54 only to buy and sell.

JollyElm
10-11-2022, 02:10 PM
I will continue buying and selling since 2002.

Uh oh, guys, be beddy, beddy careful. It now appears that Mr. Slap 'n Tickle has a time machine, too!!!!!!

Dead-Ball-Hitter
10-12-2022, 09:05 AM
Uh oh, guys, be beddy, beddy careful. It now appears that Mr. Slap 'n Tickle has a time machine, too!!!!!!

Hey Slap'n'Tickle, is your favorite movie Back to the Future?

Can you go back in time and find the items you said weren't in the envelope and return them to the honest seller who was kind enough to also throw in free items for you?

BTW, how are the grand kids doing with their PC?

ullmandds
10-12-2022, 09:09 AM
Hey Slap'n'Tickle, is your favorite movie Back to the Future?

Can you go back in time and find the items you said weren't in the envelope and return them to the honest seller who was kind enough to also throw in free items for you?

BTW, how are the grand kids doing with their PC?

really? the bear did NOT need poking!

Dead-Ball-Hitter
10-12-2022, 09:28 AM
really? the bear did NOT need poking!

Yeah, sorry, I guess our collective comments have brought life to some crazy banter.... a reply is likely forthcoming... "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."

What can I tell you, I guess I'm starting to like this guy, Paul, he's a misunderstood genius of commerce! He comprehends even the subtle principles of mercantilism and imperialism! He's destined to be a titan in the world of sports collectables! How can one not be when you obtain most of your inventory for free? What a (disturbing) trendsetter this Slabstealer guy is!

loubrown
11-16-2022, 11:54 AM
I know this thread kind of died off a month ago but as I'm just noticing it came back to life, I have to say that I am stunned that this deadbeat is still skulking around scamming people basically in broad daylight.

And as I see that he is on here and seeing all this and defending himself after it was completely revealed that he was scamming people left and right, Paul - you are a really bad guy. I love the old I'm on a budget and trying to get cards for my grandson line that he's used over and over again. What a POS.

Leon
11-16-2022, 12:24 PM
He has been banned for several weeks, but he was on here.

I know this thread kind of died off a month ago but as I'm just noticing it came back to life, I have to say that I am stunned that this deadbeat is still skulking around scamming people basically in broad daylight.

And as I see that he is on here and seeing all this and defending himself after it was completely revealed that he was scamming people left and right, Paul - you are a really bad guy. I love the old I'm on a budget and trying to get cards for my grandson line that he's used over and over again. What a POS.

loubrown
11-21-2022, 11:39 AM
Glad to hear that. I wish Ebay was as responsive!

Trigerb7
03-29-2023, 12:19 PM
He is at it again, slapnicker needs to be jailed.

jchcollins
03-29-2023, 12:20 PM
Yep, saw on that page yesterday. I mentioned in the comments that we had problems with him on N54.

Leon
03-29-2023, 01:34 PM
I think Paul is sitting in this postcard picture. He said he caught a 200 lbs. sailfish.

Trigerb7
03-29-2023, 01:52 PM
Yep, saw on that page yesterday. I mentioned in the comments that we had problems with him on N54.

What’s up John, I’m just glad he is on one of the biggest know Facebook groups around. What a lowlife.

Trigerb7
03-29-2023, 01:52 PM
I think Paul is sitting in this postcard picture. He said he caught a 200 lbs. sailfish.

Hahaha

Vintage Vern
03-29-2023, 03:23 PM
I'm guessing he can fill all my Verne Clemons needs? I need his contact information, he's been blocked yet again. Always my luck to come to the party too late to fill my list.

Dead-Ball-Hitter
03-29-2023, 03:31 PM
Slapsticker is mixing it up again... oh my!!

But seriously, defrauding someone for the sale amount of a card of that value should involve jail time. Unless the whole thing is a joke???

He knows PSA doesn't issue 9.5s, right?

G1911
03-29-2023, 03:46 PM
He knows PSA doesn't issue 9.5s, right?

He doesn’t know. This is the guy who was too stupid to read that his name was on all of the posts he kept making and that we all knew who the Bass poster was. Not knowing a PSA 9.5 doesn’t even exist sounds exactly like this dipshit - very low effort scammer.

Directly
03-30-2023, 06:21 AM
The authentication process may have been developed to help prevent fraud--once a card is receive and authenticated, they forward on to the buyer--

If the buyer tries to return the card, I assume the item first goes back through the authentication process, but not sure--??

bnorth
03-30-2023, 07:24 AM
The authentication process may have been developed to help prevent fraud--once a card is receive and authenticated, they forward on to the buyer--

If the buyer tries to return the card, I assume the item first goes back through the authentication process, but not sure--??

Yes unless you have it set to no returns. I still offer 14 days and if the seller returns it the item goes back through authentication so the buyer can't scam the seller by returning something different. The authentication thing is amazing in so many ways by getting rid of the tricks scammers use.

JustinD
03-30-2023, 07:43 AM
Yes unless you have it set to no returns. I still offer 14 days and if the seller returns it the item goes back through authentication so the buyer can't scam the seller by returning something different. The authentication thing is amazing in so many ways by getting rid of the tricks scammers use.

I did not know this, and yes it does seem to be very helpful.

Not to do the cliché' "walked to school uphill both ways" moment, I remember in the 90's and eBay was sending a money order to the seller and then they would send the item. The postal clerk thought I was a weirdo getting 25 money orders at a time each visit.

I never once, not a once got ripped off because the feedback system worked pretty decently.

It would have been a snap to rip off people but we just live in a different time, different society, different attitude. More so, I guess it was too niche to bring these clowns on too.

Jim65
03-30-2023, 07:59 AM
I did not know this, and yes it does seem to be very helpful.

Not to do the cliché' "walked to school uphill both ways" moment, I remember in the 90's and eBay was sending a money order to the seller and then they would send the item. The postal clerk thought I was a weirdo getting 25 money orders at a time each visit.

I never once, not a once got ripped off because the feedback system worked pretty decently.

It would have been a snap to rip off people but we just live in a different time, different society, different attitude. More so, I guess it was too niche to bring these clowns on too.

Back then you could leave feedback for anyone at anytime, even if you didn't buy/sell to them. Also some sellers would extort positive feedback from buyers by holding their feedback back. Buyers were afraid of retaliatory feedback. The feedback system now still has flaws but its better than it was.

Yoda
03-30-2023, 10:57 AM
I really thought that Net 54 had chased this guy into the wilderness, but I guess not.
Two points. He claims that Mick is graded a PSA 9.5 (impossible) and posts a nice scan of him. But where is the slab, the evidence we need. Of course, it's not there. I think there are probably better scammers in the first grade than Paul.
And. Leon, in that cool pc you posted, I believe mustachioed Paul is the gent on the far right, slouching in the chair, hat pulled down to disguise his evil face. When the other guys asked about the 200 pound sailfish, Paul admitted that he ate it all on the way....raw, including the bill.

bnorth
03-30-2023, 11:03 AM
I really thought that Net 54 had chased this guy into the wilderness, but I guess not.
Two points. He claims that Mick is graded a PSA 9.5 (impossible) and posts a nice scan of him. But where is the slab, the evidence we need. Of course, it's not there. I think there are probably better scammers in the first grade than Paul.
And. Leon, in that cool pc you posted, I believe mustachioed Paul is the gent on the far right, slouching in the chair, hat pulled down to disguise his evil face. When the other guys asked about the 200 pound sailfish, Paul admitted that he ate it all on the way....raw, including the bill.

To the bold part. Yes that is 100% true. The thing most people don't get is scammers can be extremely stupid and still scam tons of people. They only have to be smart in one small area of life to be able to be a successful scammer. That is why you see bad baseball items from $1 to millions of dollars. There is a scammer for every part of the hobby.:)

I have also noticed in life those that always complain about being scammed and act worried about it are most likely to be scammers.

Gorditadogg
03-30-2023, 02:00 PM
To the bold part. Yes that is 100% true. The thing most people don't get is scammers can be extremely stupid and still scam tons of people. They only have to be smart in one small area of life to be able to be a successful scammer. That is why you see bad baseball items from $1 to millions of dollars. There is a scammer for every part of the hobby.:)

I have also noticed in life those that always complain about being scammed and act worried about it are most likely to be scammers.Yep. And people who talk about how dumb scammers are, are the most likely to be scammed.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

JustinD
03-31-2023, 09:17 AM
Back then you could leave feedback for anyone at anytime, even if you didn't buy/sell to them. Also some sellers would extort positive feedback from buyers by holding their feedback back. Buyers were afraid of retaliatory feedback. The feedback system now still has flaws but its better than it was.

I get that there was the flaws, any system does.

Admittedly, I stopped selling on eBay about 3 months after the removal of leaving negative feedback for buyers. The option to block buyers with negative feedback scores or even without minimum feedback (I had mine set at a minimum 10 positive feedbacks to bid) kept my bad buyer experiences at a number near nonexistent.

All it took was less than 12 weeks of a buyer free-for-all for me to drop out for the past 15 years or so of selling on there.

bnorth
03-31-2023, 09:49 AM
I get that there was the flaws, any system does.

Admittedly, I stopped selling on eBay about 3 months after the removal of leaving negative feedback for buyers. The option to block buyers with negative feedback scores or even without minimum feedback (I had mine set at a minimum 10 positive feedbacks to bid) kept my bad buyer experiences at a number near nonexistent.

All it took was less than 12 weeks of a buyer free-for-all for me to drop out for the past 15 years or so of selling on there.

In my experience I get about one bad buyer/seller every 100 transactions. Luckily nothing serious but a PIA.

The feedback system is completely worthless IMO. I just looked and one of the long time eBay scammers has a little over 10K feedback at 100% positive. This guy is such a long time scammer i remember talking about him back on the eBay forum section when they still let you post about scammers on their site.