PDA

View Full Version : PSA Cleaning Service?

Marchillo
06-16-2020, 07:30 PM
Hopefully this is a scam. Using the PSA logo and offering cleaning of cards and fast grading. Anyone else come across this?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200617/946122ea4f7fed9dd0a68b1cf98ade3d.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200617/d64137d9ad02c91c77a9e4f64127360d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GasHouseGang
06-16-2020, 07:41 PM
Well I sure hope so. I can't imagine anyone that was actually doing this being so open about it.

brewing
06-16-2020, 07:43 PM
Hopefully this is a scam.

You don't hear that everyday. ;)

bnorth
06-17-2020, 05:18 AM
Well I sure hope so. I can't imagine anyone that was actually doing this being so open about it.

There are a ton of people that do this that are open about it. They just clean cards. It's like how pre war guys soak and press cards. These are not people that trim or recolor cards being open about it.

bobbyw8469
06-17-2020, 06:31 AM
It reeks of a scam to me. There is NO WAY someone can promise to "skip the line". Not even the biggest value submitters get to skip the line. I would be worried about getting your cards and your money back with that guy. Think about it.

bobbyw8469
06-17-2020, 06:37 AM
To sucker people in, he is promising the cards back in 20 days. People that are paying 75+ for Express and 200+ for Super Express aren't even getting them back in 20 days. And you want me to believe this guy has the "inside connection" to do all that, as well as clean your cards to get turn your 4's into 8's???? I'm gonna pass on the Brooklyn Bridge as well.

bnorth
06-17-2020, 06:38 AM
It reeks of a scam to me. There is NO WAY someone can promise to "skip the line". Not even the biggest value submitters get to skip the line. I would be worried about getting your cards and your money back with that guy. Think about it.

Just keep believing that if it makes you feel good.;)

Marchillo
06-17-2020, 06:46 AM
That is why I said hope this is a scam. The most worrisome thing about the post wasn't the cleaning service it was the use of their logo and advertising an inside connection to PSA.

bobbyw8469
06-17-2020, 06:50 AM
Just keep believing that if it makes you feel good.;)

I don't have to believe it, I know it. If you don't think he is touting a scam, then I can't help you.

swarmee
06-17-2020, 06:54 AM
There are plenty of people who will smear your modern cards with car wax to buff out scratches, who openly advertise on Facebook. Looks like PSA banned one of them last week, based on a blowout post. Hopefully that has a chilling effect on people waxing on, waxing off their cards to send to PSA.

And if you ask these guys if what they're doing is legal, they'll say "Everyone else is doing it!"

Johnny630
06-17-2020, 06:56 AM
I bet he gets tons of business. People for the most part don't care. To them the ends justify the means.

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard the following statement in the hobby I'd be rich, "Nobody Cares Once it's in a Holder"

Sad but mostly factual

bobbyw8469
06-17-2020, 06:57 AM
There are plenty of people who will smear your modern cards with car wax to buff out scratches, who openly advertise on Facebook. Looks like PSA banned one of them last week, based on a blowout post. Hopefully that has a chilling effect on people waxing on, waxing off their cards to send to PSA.

And if you ask these guys if what they're doing is legal, they'll say "Everyone else is doing it!"

I googled the guy's name. He appears to be a "cannabis lawyer". Weird to say the least. You would think lawyers would know better.

bobbyw8469
06-17-2020, 06:58 AM
I bet he gets tons of business. People for the most part don't care. To them the ends justify the means.

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard the following statement in the hobby I'd be rich, "Nobody Cares Once it's in a Holder"

Sad but mostly factual

Johnny...do you believe if you sent him your cards or your money, that you would receive either back?

chalupacollects
06-17-2020, 07:26 AM
I googled the guy's name. He appears to be a "cannabis lawyer". Weird to say the least. You would think lawyers would know better.

Lol on knowing better!

bnorth
06-17-2020, 07:39 AM
I don't have to believe it, I know it. If you don't think he is touting a scam, then I can't help you.

I get it. If you can't understand from the 100s of threads and 1000s of posts PSA might not be the most honest company around I also can't help you.:D

GasHouseGang
06-17-2020, 09:11 AM
There are a ton of people that do this that are open about it. They just clean cards. It's like how pre war guys soak and press cards. These are not people that trim or recolor cards being open about it.

I didn't mean the cleaning, I meant the line "I live right next door to PSA and have my own REP." Sounds like he gets the special treatment in grading we've been reading about, but everyone denied.

bobbyw8469
06-17-2020, 09:12 AM
I didn't mean the cleaning, I meant the line "I live right next door to PSA and have my own REP." Sounds like he gets the special treatment in grading we've been reading about, but everyone denied.

I'm sure he doesn't. It is a line he uses to reel the fish in. Kinda like when a Sports tout claims that he has trainers and coaches on his payroll, so he knows which team is going to win.

T205 GB
06-19-2020, 08:59 AM

I partially agree but I also know for a fact they add waxing compounds to some of the cards to buff out scratches and make them shine better. To me its blatant altering and shouldn't be allowed. Something that grading company is well known for anyway so its not a surprise.

Leon
06-21-2020, 10:00 AM
I partially agree but I also know for a fact they add waxing compounds to some of the cards to buff out scratches and make them shine better. To me its blatant altering and shouldn't be allowed. Something that grading company is well known for anyway so its not a surprise.

For me pretty much anything more than an art eraser, or qtip and water, is off limits.,