PDA

View Full Version : Winners announced! Closes tonight 6/28 Birmingham Auctioneers Pre War III

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-16-2020, 10:59 AM
This is a paid ad.

So our Pre War Sports Cards& Memorabilia III is now running. Thanks to Leon and the many members who have shown us their support with bids, consignments and kind words!

This auction is bigger than our first two combined which is exciting for us as a company!

Kicks off with 5 Ty Cobb cards including a couple for the budget minded collector! All 3 of our Pre War auctions have kicked off with at least one Cobb and it's a tradition we'd like to continue, so let me know if you have any Cobb cards to consign. We'll give you a VERY solid deal!

https://birminghamauctioneersbid.com/images_items/thumbs/thumb_item_7272_1_17114.jpg
(https://birminghamauctioneersbid.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=7272)

https://birminghamauctioneersbid.com/images_items/thumbs/thumb_item_7275_1_17581.jpg (https://birminghamauctioneersbid.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=7275)

https://birminghamauctioneersbid.com/images_items/thumbs/thumb_item_7276_1_17603.jpg (https://birminghamauctioneersbid.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=7276)

We also have Cy Young, Walter Johnson, Lou Gehrig, Nap Lajoie, Christy Mathewson and tons more.

There are partial set breaks of both 1939 and 1941 Play Ball. The 1939's are super solid EX or better raw for the most part, so a great chance to grade and make money. The 1941's are more VG-EX and the Ted Williams is PSA 3.5

https://birminghamauctioneersbid.com/images_items/thumbs/thumb_item_7452_1_17306.jpg (https://birminghamauctioneersbid.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=7452)

There's also a nice selection of silks, T3's, Blankets and other stuff that you don't see as frequently.

https://birminghamauctioneersbid.com/images_items/thumbs/thumb_item_7433_1_17264.jpg (https://birminghamauctioneersbid.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=7433)

There is a nice bunch of Zeenut from 1919 - 1930's mostly sold by year.

https://birminghamauctioneersbid.com/images_items/thumbs/thumb_item_7662_1_17903.jpg (https://birminghamauctioneersbid.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=7662)

A smattering of Pre-War publications like Football Illustrated, Baseball Magazine, Who's Who in Baseball and more. Along with some amazing vintage photos including Conlons!

https://birminghamauctioneersbid.com/images_items/thumbs/thumb_item_7420_1_17232.jpg (https://birminghamauctioneersbid.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=7420)

A decent chunk of a T201 set with about half of them graded as high as "5" over 100 lots of T205's and over 100 more T206's

A nice selection of boxing odds and ends with T218's, T220's, Ogdens and more.

Please check us out. We have NO RESERVES EVER and our starting bids are all between $1 and $25. We pride ourselves on being a real auction and not a retail sale masquerading as an auction. We let the market tell us what the values are, we don't try and make the market give us the value we think something deserves!

The auction ending starts at 10pm eastern 6/28. at 10pm every item receives a 15 minute clock unless that item has only bid, in which case that item is closed right at 10pm. If an item receives no bids in that 15 minutes it then closes. Every time an item receives a bid the clock resets to 15 minutes.

To bid on an item in extended bidding you must have bid on THAT ITEM prior to 10pm 6/28, so if you need to get place holder bids in I wouldn't wait until the last minute!

THE CONTEST We are trying to come up with a phrase that sums up what we think is our unique position of an auction that specializes in reaching the collector. We have many lots of singles that would be grouped by most, if not all, other auction companies. Our focus on trying to get cards to the end collector is what we're trying to encompass in a short phrase. Upper Deck had a great slogan with "The Collector's Choice" which obviously we can't use.

Post your ideas in this thread (If you've already emailed or posted elsewhere please add them here so I have them all in one spot) and the winner will receive $100 off their next purchase, or $100 off the total commission of their next consignment.

Thanks, and good luck!

jcc6252
06-16-2020, 11:57 AM
Great auction, indeed! It fits the savvy trader/collector, so let's go with "The Trader's Advantage".

gonzo
06-16-2020, 12:09 PM
I misread the thread title as “pre World War III” and I started to worry about what you know that I don’t!

Entry: “It’s in the Cards”

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-16-2020, 12:51 PM
I misread the thread title as “pre World War III” and I started to worry about what you know that I don’t!

Entry: “It’s in the Cards”

Shhhhhh it's insider knowledge.

Seriously, was a legit LOL.

KMayUSA6060
06-16-2020, 12:54 PM
Saw the part about having lots as singles instead of groups, and the first thing that came to mind was, "Single, no mingle"

A waste of an entry most likely but I got a good laugh. Great auction!

T206Collector
06-16-2020, 01:11 PM
I've migrated my list of suggestions...

“Cards for Collectors”
“The Collector’s Auction” or “The Collector’s Auction House”
“Cards for Every Collector” or “Cards for Every Collection”
“Helping Grow Collections Since 2018.”
“Cards for the Casual and Serious Collector”
“Is Now, Always Has Been, Always Will Be, The Best Scrap Tobacco!”
“You Keep Collecting, We’ll Find The Cards For You!”
“For the Serious Collector”
“For What You Collect” or “It’s What You Collect”
“Sick Cards for Healthy Collections”
“Filling Wantlists Since 2018”
“The Choice of Collectors”
“The Choice of Consignors and Collectors”
“Casual Cards for the Serious Collector”

brianp-beme
06-16-2020, 02:52 PM
I have migrated my 100+ possible slogans from the other thread, and added a new one.

"Focus on Collecting and Collectors"

"Investing in Collectors"

"Collecting Collectors"

"Collect Direct"

"Collecting Schmellecting" (ok, this one was just for fun)

"Bringing Collecting to Collectors"

"Collector's Forum"

"Collections to Collectors"

"Collector Central"

"Collector's Warehouse"

"Collector Depot"

"The Collector's Gavel"

"Collector Valet"

and a new one,

"Collecting Collector's Collections"

Brian

GeoPoto
06-16-2020, 03:41 PM
Total Cards

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

milkit1
06-16-2020, 03:53 PM
Giving it a try:

- The Binder Filler's Choice
- The Best, tobacco stains and all!
- You dont have to be a SOVEREIGN, to bid in this American Beauty of an auction!
- The auction for set completists!
- Mr. Poor-Fair
- We put the mustache in T206!
- Priceless cards for EVERY collector
- Filling the spaces in your tough sets!

tonyo
06-16-2020, 06:21 PM
The Collector's Paradise !

Hi Scott, good luck on the auction :)

brianp-beme
06-16-2020, 06:25 PM
Here are more (I am a virtual fountain of collector slogans)

"File Under Collector"

"Collector Alley"

"Collect and Deliver"

"The Collector Connection"

"Connect and Collect"

Brian

tonyo
06-16-2020, 06:33 PM
The Collector's Paradise !

Hi Scott, good luck on the auction :)

2nd entry: "For the Love of the Card"

RCMcKenzie
06-16-2020, 06:42 PM
Here are a couple...

"One Helluva Tradition, since 1983, online since 2018."

or

"The cards may have creases, but we don't throw them away."

I need to get around to signing up this month as I see some cards I want to bid on.

Vintagecatcher
06-16-2020, 07:16 PM
Classic Collector's Confines!

Patrick

teza11
06-16-2020, 07:17 PM
Tag line just needs to be simple and strong.

Birmingham Auctioneers...Your #1 Card Resource

Jeff

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-16-2020, 07:45 PM
Tag line just needs to be simple and strong.

Birmingham Auctioneers...Your #1 Card Resource

Jeff

Might be a little over promising though.

hcv123
06-16-2020, 07:55 PM
The consistent choice for collectors

nebboy
06-16-2020, 08:40 PM
This is were your hobble needs happen!

Where Pre War Card collector come!

And

Quality cards for quality collectors!

doug.goodman
06-17-2020, 06:19 AM
"Shut up and bid already"

teza11
06-17-2020, 08:28 AM
So much for aspiring for greatness. Here's my updated entry based on you wanting to lower the bar.

Jeff

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-17-2020, 10:50 AM
Legit LOL

brianp-beme
06-19-2020, 01:45 PM
A continuation of Slogan's Run (No one has to die at 30!):

"Collect or Die" - goes along with above theme

"Collector Cave"

"The Collector's Marketplace"

Brian

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-19-2020, 05:40 PM
I'm really liking:

For the love of the card

Collections to collectors

Cards for collectors

The choice of collectors

For collectors

We'll make a decision next Friday so the winner will know he has $100 to spend before the auction is over.

Keep sending them

nebboy
06-19-2020, 06:47 PM
This is were your hobble needs happen!

2nd---

Where Pre War Card collector come!

And-----

Quality cards for quality collectors!

Last-----

For the cardboard con•nois•seur

brianp-beme
06-19-2020, 07:26 PM
You can never have enough slogan options:

"Collector's Paradise"

"Collector's Heaven"

"The Grand Slam for Collectors"

"Calling Collectors"

"Like Rube and a Fire Truck"

"Collectors Named Hector" (this slogan is slightly limiting)

"Tinker to Evers to Collector"

"Touched by Many"

Brian

sfmays24
06-19-2020, 07:40 PM
"No Hype Collecting"

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-19-2020, 07:55 PM
Touched by many

and

No Hype Collecting

added to the list of finalists.

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-19-2020, 07:56 PM
I do like Tinker to Evers to Collector, but I don't do just pre-war

nat
06-19-2020, 08:19 PM
Here's a few ideas:

Birmingham Auctioneers: By and for collectors.

>

The only crying in baseball.

>

Let's play two.

>

The collector's home.

>

The collector's home base.

>

Purveyors of fine cardboard since 1983.

>

Fine cardboard.

(Variations: Excellent cardboard, superlative cardboard, choice cardboard.)

>

Fine cardboard, lot by lot.

>

Cardboard for collectors.

>

Livin' la vita cardboard. (okay, maybe not this one)

>

The sharp corner.

(Variation: the rounded corner.)

DeanH3
06-20-2020, 12:50 AM
THE CONTEST We are trying to come up with a phrase that sums up what we think is our unique position of an auction that specializes in reaching the collector. We have many lots of singles that would be grouped by most, if not all, other auction companies. Our focus on trying to get cards to the end collector is what we're trying to encompass in a short phrase. Upper Deck had a great slogan with "The Collector's Choice" which obviously we can't use.

Post your ideas in this thread (If you've already emailed or posted elsewhere please add them here so I have them all in one spot) and the winner will receive $100 off their next purchase, or $100 off the total commission of their next consignment.

Thanks, and good luck![/QUOTE]

Scott,

I think you may have already had it. My suggestions for what your stated goal was.

Cards for the End Collector

Or

Cardboard for the End Collector

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-20-2020, 05:47 AM
Don't forget about bidding in the auction!

Still tons of bargains the entire selection of raw T3's at less than the amount of the contest prize, tons of 1939 and 1941 Play Balls with loads of HOF'ers, many in EX or better with high numbers and tons more!

nat
06-20-2020, 09:43 AM
Birmingham Auctioneers: Finding homes for cards since 1983.

Edit: or just "finding homes for cards"

brianp-beme
06-20-2020, 10:21 AM
I had a couple of more slogans ready, but when I woke up this morning this one pushed them out of my head, and it is just a slight variation of one I already posted:

"From Collectors to Collections"

Brian

esd10
06-20-2020, 11:15 AM
Forgotten greats auctions

Collector Shoebox auctions

Grandpa's attic auctions

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-22-2020, 11:25 AM
6 days left and still lots of bargains. If you're working on lower grade T205 or T206 you should be able to take a nice chunk out of your want list. Same goes for 1939 and 1941 Play Ball up to about EX/MT! All four of those sets are loaded with Raw HOF'ers! he cards are listed individually for the most part so you don't have to buy a bunch of stuff you don't want to get the one card that you need!

Snapolit1
06-22-2020, 11:39 AM
Making Collecting Great Again

Kidding, kidding . . . .

How about Collecting for the Fun of It

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-22-2020, 12:33 PM
OK we will take entries until tomorrow (Tuesday) Midnight eastern. Then I'll create a poll out of the finalists I choose. Winner gets the $100 credit.

brianp-beme
06-22-2020, 01:54 PM
Always good for a few more:

"Consign and Collect"

"Collection Direction"

"Collector Director"

"Direct to Collector"

"Collectors Only"

"Just Keep Collecting"

"That Cardboard Smell"

"Just One Word...Cardboard"

and new favorite:

"Lots of Cardboard"

Brian

brianp-beme
06-22-2020, 02:15 PM
Dammit, I came up with another one:

"The Collector Connector"

Brian

brianp-beme
06-22-2020, 07:17 PM
Slogans, geographically speaking:

"Collector"s Village"

"Collector's Town"

"Collector's City"

"Collector's County"

"Collector's State" (this one sucks extra hard)

"Collector's Country"

"Collector's Continent"

"Collector's World"

"Collector's Planet"

"Collector's Solar System"

"Collector's Galaxy"

"Collector's Universe" (this one sounds vaguely familiar)

"Collectors Black Hole"

and totally unrelated, but does have the hole connection...

"The Collector's Rabbit Hole"

Brian

timzcardz
06-23-2020, 08:41 AM
Where the working man collects

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-23-2020, 06:16 PM
So far the finalists (with 24 hours left to add submit your ideas) are:

For the love of the card

Collections to collectors

Cards for collectors

The choice of collectors

For collectors

The Collector Connection

Touched By Many

No Hype Collecting

The Collector's Home

Cardboard for Collectors

Cards for the End Collector

Collecting for the Fun of It

The poll wills start roughly this time tomorrow night and run until 10pm Eastern on Friday. The poll winner will win $100 to be used in our auctions. If for some strange reason I decide to go with something other than the poll winner then there will be 2 $100 prizes. I will also randomly draw one poll voter for a $50 prize to be used in our auctions.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and please check out the auction!

joejo20
06-23-2020, 06:25 PM
I am sorry if these may have already been used

“For the collector at heart”

“Collectors focus”

“Collecting forward”

“Collecting forefront”

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vintagecatcher
06-23-2020, 07:13 PM
Birmingham Auctioneers....Where your "Singles" become Home Runs!

Patrick

brianp-beme
06-23-2020, 08:23 PM
Birmingham Auctioneers....Where your "Singles" become Home Runs!

Patrick

That's a very good one, maybe even good enough to be the winner. I would slightly adjust it to "Where Singles become Home Runs"

Brian

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-24-2020, 04:43 PM
Poll now live.

brianp-beme
06-24-2020, 04:53 PM
I voted for "Where Your Singles become Home Runs", but a slight variation (what are cards/slogans without variations?) could be considered..."Turning Singles into Home Runs".

Or "Turning Your Singles into Home Runs"

Brian (I suffer from constant Slogan Tinkering Syndrome)

wdwfan
06-24-2020, 05:45 PM
I voted The Choice of Collectors.

I also just registered/signed up. I have never taken part in any auctions like this (strictly buy on here, eBay and Blowout). I'm really super excited to take part in my first auction. I've never owned anything older than the 1950s. But I've been looking to get into pre-war stuff, so I'm excited.

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-24-2020, 06:14 PM
Good Luck, lots of reasonable entry level options. I'm also happy to answer questions and discuss any cards if you're unsure of anything!

Tao_Moko
06-24-2020, 08:02 PM
I just want to point out that "touched by many" is a no go. That's a big fire and a miss.

brianp-beme
06-24-2020, 08:56 PM
I just want to point out that "touched by many" is a no go. That's a big fire and a miss.

Even I don't like it, and I was the one who came up with that stinker.

Brian

BeanTown
06-24-2020, 09:44 PM

I think that line was said by Jack Black in the movie School of Rock.

DeanH3
06-25-2020, 12:44 AM
Thank you Scott for a great idea and the generous offer. Good luck to you on your auction. I've put in my bids and maybe a few more before its all over. Good luck to everybody!

perezfan
06-25-2020, 09:41 AM
I liked "It's in the Cards".

But did not see it in the poll, so voted for something else.

Best of luck with the auction!

TUM301
06-25-2020, 10:16 AM
Birmingham Auctioners, "We`ve Got Your Bases Covered".

Birmingham Auctioners, "Small Enough to Care, Big Enough To Get It Done".

Bram99
06-25-2020, 11:31 AM
MGM has the Latin slogan:
Ars gratis Artis. Art for Art's sake.

How about:
Coactos gratis Coactore. Collecting for the sake of the Collector.

Snapolit1
06-25-2020, 05:48 PM
I think that line was said by Jack Black in the movie School of Rock.

Terrible.

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-26-2020, 10:11 PM
So the run away winner is "Where your singles become home runs" which I would have tweaked to "Where our singles become your home runs" But even though I really like it, it is a little limited. We don't sell only singles, or even only cards for that matter. However since it won the poll the submitter, vintagecatcher, gets $100 credit to be spent at the auction that closes Sunday. But that leaves me still needing a slogan.

My initial 2nd choice was The Choice of Collectors, but an attorney friend advised me that it may be too similar to Upper Deck's The Collectors Choice. So I'm going to tweak one and make The Collector Connection, The Collector's Connection,and award a $100 Credit to brianp-beme (almost inevitable with the 18 million submissions lol)

Finally we didn't get crazy scientific just wrote the voters names on a slip of paper and drew one. Congrats and a $50 credit to Toledo Mudhen.

Remember these credits are for the auction that ends Sunday, so if you're not already registered do so soon! Please use your Net54 name as your username to make it easier to track who is getting the credit.

Thanks to everyone for participating and please check out the auction (kinda the point of all this) still a lot of great bargains especially Goudey and Play Ball HOF'ers!

brianp-beme
06-27-2020, 01:35 AM
Thanks Scott for the contest and allowing me to spread slogans around like they are manure. Just be thankful, because you could have ended up stuck with "Collecting Schmellecting".

But seriously, it is cool that I had a part in 'branding' your auction house, and will be on the lookout for the tweaked slogan in your logo and hobby advertising.

And I certainly will take advantage of the auction credit...there are multiple lots that I have my eye on. This type of auction allows a Collector like myself Connect with the Cards I want.

Brian (I have always been one to Connect/Collect the dots)

Vintagecatcher
06-27-2020, 02:50 AM
Thanks Scott and those who voted!

Scott, I'll email you my user name since I have already registered and have been bidding in the current action.

Thanks again,

Patrick

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-28-2020, 05:12 AM
Last day, with some amazing photos, including Conlons still waiting for an opening bid. Great vintage publications such as Baseball Magazine and Illustrated Football Annual also with no bids.

HOF'ers from numerous Strip Card Sets as well as Play Ball, Goudey, Double Play and more under $10!

T205 & T206 HOF'ers under $50.

Don't miss out. Initial bids must be in before 10pm Eastern on any lots you might want to bid on in extended bidding!

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-29-2020, 09:20 AM
Thanks for an amazing auction. We sold a Tolstoi Red Portrait Cobb in PSA 1 for $2600 destroying what Heritage got for one in December. Remember We're not as big as the big boys, but that card was probably on page 32 in Heritage. It was in the first line in our auction and a focal point of all of our advertising. Also, we're likely to give you better terms on a $1,000 - $5,000 card than the big houses. We offer no commission on playing era cards of Cobb, Ruth, Wagner, Cy Young, Gehrig, WaJo, and Joe Jackson. We offer 105% of hammer for nicer examples. We have to put together another Pre War for late in the year, so hit me up!

Snapolit1
06-29-2020, 09:32 AM
What a great auction. Was fun to bid on cool cards and not have to worry about insane sticker shock when the invoice arrives. And many cards not in plastic slabs. What a concept. You can actually touch them. And my consigning experience was great too.

Thanks for an amazing auction. We sold a Tolstoi Red Portrait Cobb in PSA 1 for $2600 destroying what Heritage got for one in December. Remember We're not as big as the big boys, but that card was probably on page 32 in Heritage. It was in the first line in our auction and a focal point of all of our advertising. Also, we're likely to give you better terms on a $1,000 - $5,000 card than the big houses. We offer no commission on playing era cards of Cobb, Ruth, Wagner, Cy Young, Gehrig, WaJo, and Joe Jackson. We offer 105% of hammer for nicer examples. We have to put together another Pre War for late in the year, so hit me up!

Huysmans
06-29-2020, 10:01 AM
What a great auction. Was fun to bid on cool cards and not have to worry about insane sticker shock when the invoice arrives. And many cards not in plastic slabs. What a concept. You can actually touch them. And my consigning experience was great too.

There is never any "insane sticker shock" for those that simply read the auction rules. For those clueless individuals that bid in an auction WITHOUT reading the rules, or for those not skilled enough to use a calculator... yes, I guess there is "sticker shock".

Snapolit1
06-29-2020, 10:04 AM
There is never any "insane sticker shock" for those that simply read the auction rules. For those clueless individuals that bid in an auction WITHOUT reading the rules, or for those not skilled enough to use a calculator... yes, I guess there is "sticker shock".

Wow. Thanks for picking a fight with me for absolutely no reason, as I was doing nothing more than complimenting a good board member.

I know full well how fees work pal. Even when I buy a six figure card on occasion. Or better yet sell one. Fees had nothing to do with my comment. But you probably feel better now. That's cool Glad to provide a service.

wazoo
06-29-2020, 10:18 AM
Wow. Thanks for picking a fight with me for absolutely no reason, as I was doing nothing more than complimenting a good board member.

I know how full well how fees work pal. Even when I buy a six figure card on occasion. Or better yet sell one. Fees had nothing to do with my comment. But you probably feel better now. That's cool Glad to provide a service.

Lmfao. This is hilarious. He really showed you! It's nice to know we have board members educating people on how to use a calculator or factor in the juice.

The auction was fantastic, thanks again Scott. Looking forward to my SC OPs.

Cat
06-29-2020, 10:45 AM
A B C - Always Be Collecting

OK, movie references probably aren't the best way to go.

Huysmans
06-29-2020, 11:00 AM

I know full well how fees work pal. Even when I buy a six figure card on occasion. Or better yet sell one. Fees had nothing to do with my comment. But you probably feel better now. That's cool Glad to provide a service.

You apparently don't know how auction fees work if you have to complain about something so basic. And your comment had everything to do with fees, otherwise, why mention it???

It's you that probably feels better with having to boast about buying six figure cards - something that actually has NOTHING TO DO with the topic "pal".

And this isn't about taking any of the spotlight away from Scott and his excellent auctions.

Snapolit1
06-29-2020, 11:03 AM
You apparently don't know how auction fees work if you have to complain about something so basic. And your comment had everything to do with fees, otherwise, why mention it???

It's you that probably feels better with having to boast about buying six figure cards - something that actually has NOTHING TO DO with the topic "pal".

And this isn't about taking any of the spotlight away from Scott and his excellent auctions.

Thanks. I had no idea about these fees. (Even though I consigned to said auction.)

wazoo
06-29-2020, 11:06 AM
How does one not know how fees work? It's essentially an inherent part of this hobby.

Snapolit1
06-29-2020, 11:11 AM
How does one not know how fees work? It's essentially an inherent part of this hobby.

I've been buying and selling for years and this guy just opened my eyes. He cracked the code. Smart guy.

RCMcKenzie
06-29-2020, 11:14 AM
"Put, the coffee, down!"

I had fun staying up late, battling back and forth, on a card that ended at $143.

wazoo
06-29-2020, 11:18 AM
I've been buying and selling for years and this guy just opened my eyes. He cracked the code. Smart guy.

Thanks for the laugh Steve. Can learn something new everyday I guess...

Huysmans
06-29-2020, 11:21 AM

You're welcome!
.... you seemed beyond utterly clueless using a ridiculous term like "insane sticker shock" for someone who then claims to be an expert on auction fees.

wazoo
06-29-2020, 11:29 AM
You're welcome!
.... you seemed beyond utterly clueless using a ridiculous term like "insane sticker shock" for someone who then claims to be an expert on auction fees.

go home troll only your keyboard can protect you

Huysmans
06-29-2020, 11:30 AM
go home troll only your keyboard can protect you

Cry me a river little girl...

wazoo
06-29-2020, 11:33 AM
Cry me a river little girl...

Dang you got me! Buh bye

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-29-2020, 11:40 AM
Brent, I hate to speak for someone else, but I think he was referring to the fact that my entire auction sold for less than some of the individual cards he buys on occasion.

TUM301
06-29-2020, 11:45 AM
Really enjoyed my 1`st time experience with Scott`s auction house. As busy as I`m sure he was yesterday, he took the EXTRA step in getting me registered and bid eligible late Sunday afternoon. Paid off nicely for me, picked up a nice Jack Warhop type 1 photo ironically while watching J Goodman starring in "Babe". Will for sure be monitoring the future offerings. well done sir !

Huysmans
06-29-2020, 11:45 AM
Brent, I hate to speak for someone else, but I think he was referring to the fact that my entire auction sold for less than some of the individual cards he buys on occasion.

Thank you for adding that Scott. And again, this wasn't to take anything away from your auctions, and if you feel it has, I sincerely apologize. I won't comment on the subject again.

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-29-2020, 11:46 AM
"Put, the coffee, down!"

I had fun staying up late, battling back and forth, on a card that ended at $143.

Yeah, that was interesting to watch. You made up for it on the SGC 5 though!

familytoad
06-30-2020, 10:56 AM
"The auction where I actually have winning bids"

Fun auction! I enjoyed having so many cards to bid on that fit my collection and I won 13 lots!
(Pretty rare for me since my bids usually get rolled over in later bidding in most auctions.)

Thanks for putting it together, Scott and your consignment partners. I may become one of them some day!

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-30-2020, 12:52 PM
Your slogan made me smile.

Batjac1
06-30-2020, 04:17 PM
Thanks Scott, I did great, and my great grandfathers cards are in the hands of folks who will enjoy them more than me. Hopefully they'll last another 110 years. I highly recommend consigning with Scott. He drove to Milford PA just to meet me and pick up the cards. This is a totally unsolicited testimonial... My singles really did become home runs...