PDA

View Full Version : New member is looking for press pin pals and info

Ebay_Hunter
06-12-2020, 01:11 PM
Hi all,
My first post here (hope it's in the right place) to say hello to everyone and see how many folks out there follow and/or collect sports press pins. Steve Kennedy aka Mr. 1939 Baseball, encouraged me to join and post as he says there are many friendly insightful folks here willing to share and exchange knowledge about the things we love to collect. One of mine is sports-related press pins. If you are a fan or collector of them, you must know by now that there is a relative dearth of information out there about them and what there is can sometimes be contradictory, confusing, incomplete, or all of the above. I'm looking to network with people who can help put the pieces of the puzzle together and have some fun along the way. The bulk of my collection is baseball (World Series, All Star, HOF, special event, etc.) going back to the '30's, but I also have Super Bowl, Final Four and a smattering of others. I do have an article from a 1988 SCD by Jim Johnston that does go through the (baseball) press pins year by year with pictures (fronts only, no backs) that is quite informative but is the only real guide I've ever seen. I'm happy to share it here and someone currently has it for sale for $10 on ebay. So that's my story, I'm hoping to hear from some of you and we can figure this out together. Take care and be well!

Jcosta19
06-12-2020, 02:20 PM
Welcome.

Other than vintage cards I mostly collect World Series Press Pins, focusing mostly on 20s through 50s but have some earlier and later ones as well.

I haven't seen the guide you mentioned but would love to see it.

Justin

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Leon
06-13-2020, 09:05 AM
Welcome to the forum and good luck in your quest.

swarmee
06-13-2020, 10:36 AM
Welcome; you should repost this on the Memorabilia subforum to get more responses. There are a lot of pin collectors there, so use the search engine to find some. You may have to use Google to search for "site:net54baseball.com press pin" in order to find them since the search engine on this site ignores three letter words.

taul166
06-13-2020, 11:42 AM
I, too, am a vintage card collector and have been for many years. Press pins have always piqued my interest and I have thought about collecting some subset of pins. I am interested in learning more and have a lot of questions. I will check out the other section of Net54. In the meantime, I am interested in having some dialogue about pins and learning from someone who has expertise in this area.

Ebay_Hunter
06-15-2020, 09:36 AM
Hi Justin,
It's a great resource, you'll enjoy it. It is many pages that I will scan and figure out where and how to best post it here. Pictures aren't the best but it will help immensely. Take care and I'll let you know when it's there.