PDA

View Full Version : New SGC updates

jimmer77
06-11-2020, 03:51 PM
Does anyone think the latest SGC updates are beneficial? The Seller ready photos wasn't necessary too me at least not before updating the registry. I still cant enter the new cert #'s. The POP report doesn't seem all that great either

realbigfatdog
06-11-2020, 03:53 PM
My biggest gripe with them right now is that I'm on day 71 of a 20 day sub.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rhotchkiss
06-11-2020, 05:01 PM
SGC’s new pop report is complete dogshit. It sucks, I hate it, and I am considering crossing $2mm worth of cards from SGC flips to PSA bc I can no longer use their pop report for my collection.

I can no longer search by player, only set. So I search W600 and it says no matches. I need to put in sporting life, and then I get a zillion variations. I can’t put in t206 Johnson. I have to put in t206 and then I get all back variations - what if I just want all T206 Johnson’s? Their how-to video uses 2000 Topps as the example- fuck 2000 Topps. What about giving an example of a card that has no card number? You think people want a 2000 Topps card in an SGC flip? NO! What about what SGC is known for - the old and rare?

SGC - I like your grading and flips better than any other company. But your new pop report is totally useless, and worse than useless. I am inclined to cross all my cards to PSA bc now I have no idea what the damn population is!! At least I can find that easy on PSA.

SGC- please put back the old pop report ASAP and fix the mess you created.

Ryan Hotchkiss

realbigfatdog
06-11-2020, 05:14 PM
Amen.

conor912
06-11-2020, 05:25 PM
With a million+ card backup and 6+ month wait time at PSA, all SGC needs to do is copy the PSA model exactly and they’d gain a lot of traction, but I’m not surprised. This isn’t the first time I’m left scratching my head at their apparent disinterest in gaining market share.

realbigfatdog
06-11-2020, 05:31 PM
With a million+ card backup and 6+ month wait time at PSA, all SGC needs to do is copy the PSA model exactly and they’d gain a lot of traction, but I’m not surprised. This isn’t the first time I’m left scratching my head at their apparent disinterest in gaining market share.The only thing they've copied from PSA thus far is their backlog and wait times. I'm on day 71 of a 20 day sub.

bigfish
06-11-2020, 06:10 PM
SGC’s new pop report is complete dogshit. It sucks, I hate it, and I am considering crossing $2mm worth of cards from SGC flips to PSA bc I can no longer use their pop report for my collection.

I can no longer search by player, only set. So I search W600 and it says no matches. I need to put in sporting life, and then I get a zillion variations. I can’t put in t206 Johnson. I have to put in t206 and then I get all back variations - what if I just want all T206 Johnson’s? Their how-to video uses 2000 Topps as the example- fuck 2000 Topps. What about giving an example of a card that has no card number? You think people want a 2000 Topps card in an SGC flip? NO! What about what SGC is known for - the old and rare?

SGC - I like your grading and flips better than any other company. But your new pop report is totally useless, and worse than useless. I am inclined to cross all my cards to PSA bc now I have no idea what the damn population is!! At least I can find that easy on PSA.

Ryan Hotchkiss

This is a little dramatic don’t you think? I don’t look at the pop charts and am sure you have great points. Why not reach out to sgc ownership and let them know you’re concerns vs airing a laundry list of grievances on a chat board. I think you should go ahead and cross all you’re cards to psa. Good luck with that. They are a dumpster fire.

I believe I have Dave’s contact info in you want to pm me. He’s pretty accessible.

Happy collecting

Toby Petersen

conor912
06-11-2020, 06:21 PM
The only thing they've copied from PSA thus far is their backlog and wait times. I'm on day 71 of a 20 day sub.

I understand your frustration, but I am in the camp of everyone needing a lot of slack with the shutdown. It’s effects are extremely far reaching.

brewing
06-11-2020, 06:31 PM
The only thing they've copied from PSA thus far is their backlog and wait times. I'm on day 71 of a 20 day sub.

Gulp! I was fretting on being on day 53.

realbigfatdog
06-11-2020, 06:37 PM
I understand your frustration, but I am in the camp of everyone needing a lot of slack with the shutdown. It’s effects are extremely far reaching.I have no problem waiting it out due to delays caused by the shutdown. Being a postal worker, I understand the sheer chaos that is going on right now. What I cant accept is the sheer number of bulk submissions I keep seeing posted on various social media sites for groups of cards that were sent in long after mine were. They are taking care of certain customers and leaving others swinging in the breeze.

steve B
06-11-2020, 10:41 PM
Just tried looking at it....

Man, that's awful for something that took a few years.

google, first result, cool.
Home page- looks ok.
click on registry to see if they crossed over the old one or what the new one looks like.
Just got a "something great is coming" page... still?! Or did they take it down?

Ok, whatever lets check out the pop reports.
simple search, T206, loads of different options.
Lets look at a smaller one and see of stuff is at least on the same page.
Yes it is, but they only have 3 total Polar Bear cards in the pop report... One Cobb and two of some other guy.
Ok, lets go back and try another one.
Hit back button and …...nothing.
try a couple more times, still nothing.
check the recent history pulldown.. shows three pages. Ok, try back again,
rinse repeat, just the recent order of the pages has changed. It eventually goes back to google. So whatever they did the backwards navigation from the browser is broken.

Testing? What's that?

Next time, find a couple college kids and offer them beer money for a new website. It will be better.

Ronnie73
06-12-2020, 05:16 AM
This is a little dramatic don’t you think? I don’t look at the pop charts and am sure you have great points. Why not reach out to sgc ownership and let them know you’re concerns vs airing a laundry list of grievances on a chat board. I think you should go ahead and cross all you’re cards to psa. Good luck with that. They are a dumpster fire.

I believe I have Dave’s contact info in you want to pm me. He’s pretty accessible.

Happy collecting

Toby Petersen

I don't think Ryan is at all being dramatic. The registry and population report is very important to many competitive collectors. There are SGC employees that see these types of posts and it's probably a quicker way of setting a fire under their feet, than talking to a random customer service person that is trying to make you happy enough to just get you off the phone and your complaints get tossed into a random pile and probably never followed up on because they know there's so many other things that are more important to do.

A few years ago, their registry and population report were operational and not extremely terrible but they decided to basically freeze it for a long time. I don't know the exact length of time but it seemed like it was around 2 years. Just by them freezing that information, caused many to question their loyalty with SGC. But they made a fancy futuristic web page saying the wait would be so worth it. It made you feel like, wow, finally this area will be given the respect it deserves. And then it goes live and it only partially works. Absolutely nothing futuristic about anything. The population report just had a different layout that pulled information from the same database files as before. And there were errors in the code for the queries causing duplicate information to be retrieved and listed. So the first mistake was freezing the original website years ago. There was no reason it couldn't be updated daily with new graded submissions while a new version of the website was created. The second mistake is not making a second mirrored website but one that's only accessible to the developers. Also by doing this, new code can be tested in real time before it gets released to the general public. These few things are very simple. I do these types of things all the time when I'm upgrading or designing something new. And I'm nothing, a nobody that fools around with my own websites. So when I see the outcome of their website, I just shake my head and wonder what the hell happened. Did they hire some company to do the upgrades and then continued to get the runarounds? Did they have some of these people that completed college courses for database design but then when they actually were put in front of an actual large scale database, they realized that they learned nothing? I'm not really sure what exactly happened and hope they really didn't think nobody would notice that very little was changed. I really hope nobody over there is celebrating this new website. I do hope going forward that some mistakes are not repeated. And just one more thing.. If the original site was stopped so resources could be shifted to the new project, then I'd say it's time to scrap your whole layout. 95% of the website should run on it's own automatically. Once the website gives the worker a new serial number, they choose from the dropdown menus the sport, the year, and the set name. They type in the player name and card number if any, and then assign the grade. Then hit the enter key. If the website is designed properly, that's it. That information is automatically shared and added to the population reports and the registry sets. Adding a step for high resolution scans is not a big deal either. I'm not trying to pick on SGC but hopefully this is looked at as constructive criticism. Basically learn from your mistakes. Don't make the same mistakes again. Let the computer do what it was designed to do. The total ebay website is capable of being run by two people. I'd say one but that person will need to sleep sometimes.

I'm a PSA guy but I was really excited when the SGC website said something new was coming. I use the website a lot for reference. Plus company competition is good for business. If you don't have to compete with your competitor, then you will never grow or improve your business. So by this, PSA doesn't have to do anything drastic. I requested a couple sets for their registry and they responded that they were already in their "plan to do" list. I then reached out to them explaining my background and offered to help for free. They responded with a note that they had everything under control. That was over 5 years ago and neither set has been added. So by me being an active set registry user, that really puts me in a negative place. So a couple years later when SGC said something new was coming, I thought, well if PSA isn't capable of adding a couple sets, maybe SGC would be. Well, there's absolutely no point in me asking at this point.

3-2-count
06-12-2020, 07:18 AM
I don't think Ryan is at all being dramatic.

Nor do I. Ryan is extremely passionate about his collection and the hobby and I think that's terrific.

SGC just can't seem to get their shit together! I gave up on them years ago as have many others.

DeanH3
06-12-2020, 07:45 AM
For the pop report, try this.

Enter T206 Polar Bear
Select 1909-11 Polar Bear

Once data shows up click on the blue button upper right corner. Check show old pop data and it all should appear.

This is not an endorsement for "great job" but it seems to work.

the-illini
06-12-2020, 08:05 AM
Ryan is absolutely not being unreasonable. The pop report hasn't worked for years now, oversized SGC holders are just as likely to damage your cards as they are to protect them, and calls and emails to customer service go unanswered. That doesn't even touch on the growing wait times.

Really not sure what SGC is actually trying to accomplish any more - can only promise improvements for so long.

Rhotchkiss
06-12-2020, 08:39 AM

Happy collecting

Toby Petersen

Thanks for your opinion Toby, but no, it’s not dramatic. In fact it was intended exactly as I did it. I have many rare and expensive cards, and I rely heavily on the pop reports to make decisions on whether and for how much to acquire (and/or sell/trade) a card. I think many here do too. And for that reason the SGC and PSA pop reports directly impact card valuations and the value of collections. SGC has effectively eliminated their population report for pre 1930 cards- the database is so unsearchable it’s useless. I purposely aired my opinions strongly and publicly hoping that it will get more attention (and maybe others will join), than a phone call or email, which I understand from other posts are going unanswered and unreturned anyway.

I am on record numerous times that I prefer SGC over PSA (from a grading perspective), but I have also watched (year after year after year) the value of SGC slabs lose ground to the value of lesser cards in PSA slabs, and it’s all because of the PSA database and registry. What SGC does with its website and its pop report affects the value of every card sitting in an SGC slab. And this recent debacle is no exception. So I am pissed, very pissed. As should others who have cards in SGC slabs should be.

bigfish
06-12-2020, 09:28 AM
Thanks for your opinion Toby, but no, it’s not dramatic. In fact it was intended exactly as I did it. I have many rare and expensive cards, and I rely heavily on the pop reports to make decisions on whether and for how much to acquire (and/or sell/trade) a card. I think many here do too. And for that reason the SGC and PSA pop reports directly impact card valuations and the value of collections. SGC has effectively eliminated their population report for pre 1930 cards- the database is so unsearchable it’s useless. I purposely aired my opinions strongly and publicly hoping that it will get more attention (and maybe others will join), than a phone call or email, which I understand from other posts are going unanswered and unreturned anyway.

I am on record numerous times that I prefer SGC over PSA (from a grading perspective), but I have also watched (year after year after year) the value of SGC slabs lose ground to the value of lesser cards in PSA slabs, and it’s all because of the PSA database and registry. What SGC does with its website and its pop report affects the value of every card sitting in an SGC slab. And this recent debacle is no exception. So I am pissed, very pissed. As should others who have cards in SGC slabs should be.

Breaking news.... TMZ reports....Despite a global pandemic and riots in the street, SGC halts all grading card services to address Ryan's multi million dollar pop chart collection demands!

Ryan cheers!

I do understand you're point but don't see the point in bashing a company you endorse on a chat forum? I just don't see the end game with back biting. Just call them and voice you're concerns. I think it will help you get it down. Posting here only slows you're cause.

I could be wrong and who cares.

Happy Collecting to you.

Rhotchkiss
06-12-2020, 09:45 AM
Again Toby, thanks for opinion. Noted.

bnorth
06-12-2020, 11:13 AM
SGC has the best slabs and does the best job at actually grading cards IMHO. They are beyond horrible at everything else.

As far as posting on here in my personal experience it works WAY better than contacting/trying to contact them.

I wanted to make a fairly big submission that included a complete set and around 50 additional cards a few years ago. Had nothing but problems with their shit show website. Complained about it on here and BOOM got a call from Matt at SGC and problems got taken care of.:)

brewing
06-12-2020, 11:15 AM

I concur.

PSA dominates mostly because of their superior Registry and Pop Reports, which help drive value.

I submitted my first order to SGC over 20 years ago, they are not new. To go so long with no functioning Pop report and a broken registry (waiting for their 3rd version in the past 8 years) is bewildering.

SGC is better or equal to PSA on everything else. I really want to see them do well. Wasn't it people speaking up on this board that made them change that first obnoxious flip change?

B. Ingr@m

Ronnie73
06-12-2020, 11:26 AM
Time to start the Multi Million Basher Club. Ryan easily makes it in. I'd say I'm in by a thread. But seriously, these companies care or at least used to care who got to grade some of the best cards and collections out there. When I reached out to PSA, I was like, this is going to help you financially, because the T206's are the most popular and if you factor in Subject and Factory numbers into the master set, many will be forced to reholder their cards in order to enter them into that elite registry set. They told me it was in the works. Here we are 5 years later. I haven't bothered to grade any of my cards until they do this. That was one reason I was looking forward to SGC's upgrade. But then was told Factory numbers would not be identified. So right there, I was out. You can at least determine the Subject by the date on the label. So I continue to wait. A coupe years ago a similar topic was brought up and someone responded to one of my posts that PSA was probably not concerned with grading my cards because they were of no importance to them. That was never my point. I just wanted someone to finally do something correctly and the company would benefit from everyone and everyone would benefit from the change. At this point, the only way to fix some of these sets is to start over. Recognize the front and the back, and all details and variations. Do a label or holder redesign to show it's from the new population count. Allow the older labels to dry up and disappear over the next few years. View the old label population report only for reference but follow population numbers with the new labels from now on. And while they are at that, scan the front and back of each of the cards so regrades and breakouts can be identified and reported to PSA for an adjustment. Wow, wouldn't all of that be nice?

the-illini
06-12-2020, 12:05 PM
I do understand you're point but don't see the point in bashing a company you endorse on a chat forum? I just don't see the end game with back biting. Just call them and voice you're concerns. I think it will help you get it down. Posting here only slows you're cause.

Just my 2 cents but when a company states for years that it is working to improve the product its customers are paying for and nothing gets better then they are fair game for public scrutiny.

Leon
06-12-2020, 12:38 PM
Matt is at REA now. :)

SGC put hand cut on the labels of the holders for these cards. They told me to have people call them and they would tell them they aren't hand cut. Um, ok....then why put it on the label? Policy LOL.....

https://luckeycards.com/pw575group1.jpg

As far as posting on here in my personal experience it works WAY better than contacting/trying to contact them.

I wanted to make a fairly big submission that included a complete set and around 50 additional cards a few years ago. Had nothing but problems with their shit show website. Complained about it on here and BOOM got a call from Matt at SGC and problems got taken care of.:)[/QUOTE]

Rhotchkiss
06-12-2020, 01:17 PM
This Post is dedicated to Toby:

Real life situation illustrating why SGC's new Pop report worse-than sucks:

Lets say I am trying to determine how many Honus Wagner, Street Clothes, W600's there are. So I go to SGC's pop report to see how many they have graded...

Well, I can no longer search by Player or any keyword whatsoever, including year. I can only search by set name (see pic 1).

So, I type in W600 -- because that is what the set is called -- and guess what, "No Result Found" (see pic 2). So the only way to search is by set name, yet I cant search W600 by its name.

Luckily, we know the W600 set is a Sporting Life set, so I search "Sporting Life". Bingo! 19 different results come up, half of which could be applicable to my query (see pic 3).

So, I start clicking on each potentially applicable one, having to start a new search every time I go back on my phone, and getting all sorts of confusing results. I have no clue now how many W600 Wagner Street Clothes have been graded by SGC now (god forbid I wanted to determine type 1 from type 2).

And here is the best part - look at the list: How are we to know the difference, if any, between

1902-11 Sporting Life
1902-11 Sporting Life Cabinet
1902-11 Sporting Life Cabinets

And then you have all the references to different years and differences in the same year between a Cabinet and Cabinets???!!!!

I mean, I think a 5 year old could do better than this.

realbigfatdog
06-12-2020, 01:50 PM
Plus, when you click on a set, see that your Wagner card is not listed, then click the back button, you are taken back to the original screen and have to type in the original set information all over again. And then repeat this process over and over again until you find what you're looking for. Incidentally, this search was the very first one i tried on this new pop report as well, although I was searching for Hal Chase. Took me forever to actually find him. This is a joke.

Leon
06-12-2020, 02:08 PM
Plus, when you click on a set, see that your Wagner card is not listed, then click the back button, you are taken back to the original screen and have to type in the original set information all over again. And then repeat this process over and over again until you find what you're looking for. Incidentally, this search was the very first one i tried on this new pop report as well, although I was searching for Hal Chase. Took me forever to actually find him. This is a joke.

If you say anything concerning a company or person your name needs to be in your post. Thanks (that goes for everyone else too). There is a rule at the top of every page, in bold letters. thanks

realbigfatdog
06-12-2020, 02:26 PM
If you say anything concerning a company or person your name needs to be in your post. Thanks (that goes for everyone else too). There is a rule at the top of every page, in bold letters. thanksSorry Leon, I didnt realize that. Let me correct it now.

Mike Hornick

bnorth
06-12-2020, 02:35 PM
Matt is at REA now. :)

SGC put hand cut on the labels of the holders for these cards. They told me to have people call them and they would tell them they aren't hand cut. Um, ok....then why put it on the label? Policy LOL.....

https://luckeycards.com/pw575group1.jpg

I wanted to make a fairly big submission that included a complete set and around 50 additional cards a few years ago. Had nothing but problems with their shit show website. Complained about it on here and BOOM got a call from Matt at SGC and problems got taken care of.:)[/QUOTE]

Then REA got a great employee. I know the few times I had problems or questions I contacted Matt. He provided me with excellent service every time.:)

I did notice recently when I was going to submit some cards I couldn't find his contact info so I never did submit the cards.

Ronnie73
06-12-2020, 07:13 PM
So I read that Matt is at REA. So is Andy Raffa a Net54 user? I know he's on Tobacco Row and always responds to posts about SGC over there.

steve B
06-12-2020, 11:51 PM
On the whole "cut them some slack because of the pandemic" …

2017 the message board went away and "changes were coming"

Around 8-27-2018 some one posted what SGC said the changes would be.
How it went in red

"“The new ‘Submission Tracking’ feature will allow SGC customers to easily and precisely track where their order is within the process: from receiving, data entry, and grading, to encapsulation and shipping,” Grady told Sports Collectors Daily. “This feature will also allow our customers to see a current estimated date of the completion for their submissions.”
NO idea if this actually is there... clicking on "start a submission" in both locations on the main page doesn't work at all. Not a dead link, absolutely nothing so even if I wanted to submit cards I couldn't

The online submission form, too, will be simplified and Grady says every card SGC grades will be scanned in its holder prior to shipping.
Can't even get to the submission form, see above

“Customers will be able to see the images of these cards via our new ‘certification number look-up’ feature. This will allow customers to further verify authenticity by comparing the card they are planning to purchase with its image on the SGC site and be confident that it is actually the same card that SGC graded. SGC will also make sure that all certification numbers are randomized in order to protect customer privacy.”
Feature not active but "something great is coming"

Population Reports on the website will include images and users will be able to automatically upload scanned images of their cards to the Set Registry.
Nope, no images on the popreports.

Later this summer, SGC will also begin offering a ‘Grader Notes Option’ which will allow customers to review the notes made by its graders as they examined a card, which will help better explain the reasons why it received a certain grade.
Didn't see this anywhere, if its there it's well hidden

For the first time, Grady says SGC will also offer a buying and selling platform for users, which will be ready by late this year.

“We are building a marketplace that will connect collectors across the world and facilitate transactions. Collectors will be able to make offers through the Pop Reports, the Registry, and our new platform. We anticipate that this marketplace will serve as a valuable asset to collectors and will also provide us with helpful real-time pricing data.”
And.... another NO.

They have delivered on NONE of those features in at least two years, and probably closer to three. Maybe longer, I didn't go back beyond the 2017 ending of the message board.

That's delivery on 0 of 6 promised features after almost 2 YEARS... and that's being generous and figuring the time from late August 2018.

The pandemic has only been the last 6 months. What were they doing for the precious entire year. Oh right, web sites can also be developed remotely....

toledo_mudhen
06-13-2020, 04:10 AM
FWIW :

I had contacted Peter Steinberg (peter@gosgc.com) back in May who says he is Director of Operations at SGC regarding :

Pop Reports
Registry
Cert Verification

I also told him about the Net 54 forums and suggested that he might want to join as lots of his vintage customers are here.

I received the following response -

Thank you for taking the time to reach out. We greatly appreciate your longtime support!

Our volume is currently up 10x what it was only a few weeks ago and with the challenges of Covid19 factored in, things are very busy at the moment. This answer will be much more concise than I'd normally like it to be, but please forgive me due to the circumstances :)

1 & 2. Pop is coming before Registry. Pop will be released within weeks at this point, not months. When the registry is fully built out, you will be able to register all of your SGC cards no matter when they were graded.

3. Cert lookup will be available on the website, but it will take a backseat for now due to improvements of higher priority. For now, you can contact Nick (the head of our Research Department) at nick@gosgc.com. He will be happy to verify certification codes for our collectors.

I won't be making an account on Net54, but I will be doing everything in my power to bring our collectors closer and closer to the team/operation that they entrust with their cards. Again, times are extremely busy now, but please rest assured we're signing a lease today on a new (larger) space, conducting countless interviews to hire more great people, and are working very long hours to ensure our collectors remain satisfied with the level of service they receive.

swarmee
06-13-2020, 05:31 AM
Business is so good for the graders that BGS just raised their prices $5 across the board for ones with subgrades (1980-current now has subgrades and non-subgrades options). PSA just raised their bulk ultra-modern submissions (2017-present) to a minimum of $12/card.

Dpeck100
06-13-2020, 06:18 AM
I sent in two cards recently to SGC on a five day submission.

The order logged the day they received it and the cards shipped right on the sixth business day. I loved seeing the images on their site of the cards after grading.

I think SGC does a nice job with their grading too and both of these cards landed at what I felt were an appropriate grade. One got a 7.5 and the other an 8.5.

The cards in my opinion really pop in their holder and I would certainly recommend them in general.

Rhotchkiss
06-13-2020, 06:50 AM
I sent in two cards recently to SGC on a five day submission.

The order logged the day they received it and the cards shipped right on the sixth business day. I loved seeing the images on their site of the cards after grading.

I think SGC does a nice job with their grading too and both of these cards landed at what I felt were an appropriate grade. One got a 7.5 and the other an 8.5.

The cards in my opinion really pop in their holder and I would certainly recommend them in general.

I feel SGC grades consistently and accurately. And I have always been content with their turnaround time.

But their new population Report is absolute Dog Shit. Yes Toby, I said that on a public forum, on purpose.

Ryan Hotchkiss

chalupacollects
06-13-2020, 07:30 AM
I have started using SGC more lately and like them as turnaround has been ok...one of two orders shipped on time.

However I am having a hard time reconciling the fact that they cannot correct my address in their system whether I aske by email, submission form or calling...literally have to wait on USPS tracking to tell my my package was delivered down the block and go retrieve it...

As for the pop database I tried typing in the name of the set per the flip and it came right up...

Fuddjcal
06-13-2020, 07:44 AM

Ryan Hotchkiss

Thant's funny, I couldn't even find the old POPsicle reports before:D. I think they are useless then and now. I thought they were going to put numbers in so you could verify the card? I do like that part of the PSA scam.

It's all a shit show.

bswhiten
06-13-2020, 07:50 AM
https://ogkcreative.com/work/sgc/

“Technology Teaser
One of the various ways we wanted to separate SGC from all the competitors was showcasing the artificial intelligence technology they offer. We used scanned video effects to demonstrate how a baseball card would be analyzed, imprinted, stored and maintained in the SGC achieve system. SGC is the first company to utilize this type of technology in the card-grading industry.”

Imprinted???

Rhotchkiss
06-13-2020, 07:57 AM
As for the pop database I tried typing in the name of the set per the flip and it came right up...

I am sure the pop report is sufficient for modern sets, where there are card numbers, etc. Indeed, their video tutorial uses the 2000 Topps baseball set as the example. But it’s downright unusable for some of the old stuff. Try telling me how many T206 Mathewson portraits SGC has graded; you will need to search as many times as there are backs and add up each pop of each back just to get the total. This is literally a 20-step process. And that’s just T206.

Something must be done to the pop report to make it more searchable for the pre-numbered, T, E, D etc sets of the early 1900s (and probably pre-1900s). With these cards, it’s often not even about how many have a particular grade, but rather how many have even been graded. I am not the only one who feels this way - see many posts on this thread and I have received many emails and PMs agreeing with me (not sure why these folks don’t just post their agreement on this thread and take stance).

SGC- please please please consider doing something different for the T, E, and D cards. Allow searching by name and by year. Please list the players alphabetically by last name, not first. And please group all examples of same player together, rather than several times throughout list (see e107 Lajoie).

I have said my peace here.

Andrew1975
06-13-2020, 08:51 AM
I have been a supporter of SGC for years. I was excited to see what their new site would look like when they finally got it up and running. I really had high hopes that they were going to step up their game...

I am extremely disappointed. Won’t rehash everything that has been said above, but the pop report is simply terrible.

And-rew Fin-kel-man

Republicaninmass
06-13-2020, 10:36 AM
Some
Garbage
Came

swarmee
06-13-2020, 10:39 AM
Beckett's is nearly as lousy.

steve B
06-14-2020, 10:16 PM
I am sure the pop report is sufficient for modern sets, where there are card numbers, etc. Indeed, their video tutorial uses the 2000 Topps baseball set as the example. But it’s downright unusable for some of the old stuff. Try telling me how many T206 Mathewson portraits SGC has graded; you will need to search as many times as there are backs and add up each pop of each back just to get the total. This is literally a 20-step process. And that’s just T206.

Something must be done to the pop report to make it more searchable for the pre-numbered, T, E, D etc sets of the early 1900s (and probably pre-1900s). With these cards, it’s often not even about how many have a particular grade, but rather how many have even been graded. I am not the only one who feels this way - see many posts on this thread and I have received many emails and PMs agreeing with me (not sure why these folks don’t just post their agreement on this thread and take stance).

SGC- please please please consider doing something different for the T, E, and D cards. Allow searching by name and by year. Please list the players alphabetically by last name, not first. And please group all examples of same player together, rather than several times throughout list (see e107 Lajoie).

I have said my peace here.

Were you able to do multiple searches without being sent out to the main page or even farther?
I tried a few times an couldn't.

cammb
06-15-2020, 09:26 AM
If you send out cards at the minimum rate and waiting time., you are going to wait longer. The more you spend short term, the quicker you get your cards. I have three 20 day orders out and they are all over 40 days.

the-illini
06-20-2020, 10:34 AM
Anyone been able to make contact with SGC? Their phone number has a message that says they aren't taking calls and to email them. Emails are not responded to. Been like that for weeks.

Payments for grading seem to be processing ok, however.

Beansballcardblog
06-20-2020, 08:54 PM
I know that someone I have a lot of respect for has said the same thing as you...no response to anything. Nothing else I can add, but wanted to let you know that at least one other person is experiencing this as well.

Anyone been able to make contact with SGC? Their phone number has a message that says they aren't taking calls and to email them. Emails are not responded to. Been like that for weeks.

Payments for grading seem to be processing ok, however.

bigred1
06-20-2020, 09:08 PM
SGC has never seemed to grasp how important a feature the registry is, imo. I pretty much only buy psa because I can see my registry at a glance, I also agree with how competitive it seems to make some bidders, lol

the-illini
06-21-2020, 07:45 AM
Appreciate the note - thanks.

Pretty terrible business practice to take someone’s cards and money and then essentially shut if communication with their customers.

I know that someone I have a lot of respect for has said the same thing as you...no response to anything. Nothing else I can add, but wanted to let you know that at least one other person is experiencing this as well.

Beansballcardblog
06-23-2020, 05:53 PM
I agree with this. I want to have my T36s slabbed by SGC, but the lack of a registry has 1) kept me holding off, and 2) more and more by the month has me considering PSA.

SGC has never seemed to grasp how important a feature the registry is, imo. I pretty much only buy psa because I can see my registry at a glance, I also agree with how competitive it seems to make some bidders, lol

Snapolit1
06-23-2020, 06:00 PM
SGC's new population report is beyond terrible. To say it's terrible would be a disservice to the meaning of the word terrible. Did they give this project to a 15 year old who has no knowledge of card collecting?

I'm starting to think PSA really owns SGC, and operates it this badly to steer business to California.

bnorth
06-23-2020, 06:03 PM
SGC's new population report is beyond terrible. To say it's terrible would be a disservice to the meaning of the word terrible. Did they give this project to a middle school student?

Do you seriously think a middle school student would do that bad?

kevinlenane
07-04-2020, 05:39 AM
I finally got a look at the "Seller Ready" Images pilot they are running - can you folks view this link? Ie is it a public link?

https://gosgc.app.box.com/s/3u66uxz1u5bljndrg26blvaz17y0y2jm/file/558738897715

toledo_mudhen
07-04-2020, 05:44 AM
Yep - Pretty nice DiMaggio - Yours?

kevinlenane
07-04-2020, 05:55 AM
It was - I sold it - I believe to a Net54. Thanks!