PDA

View Full Version : OT- selling on ebay

EvilKing00
06-09-2020, 08:37 AM
I dont sell much on ebay im mostly buying but i recently put some stuff up.....whats the deal with selling on ebay, the buyer not paying & the only thing u can to is relist the card??

Huysmans
06-09-2020, 08:50 AM
I dont sell much on ebay im mostly buying but i recently put some stuff up.....whats the deal with selling on ebay, the buyer not paying & the only thing u can to is relist the card??

With all due respect, is this a serious question? What do you expect to happen?

1952boyntoncollector
06-09-2020, 09:19 AM
With all due respect, is this a serious question? What do you expect to happen?

right, you can look at the ebay terms, i wonder if you are even allowed to sue...

but dont worry lots of sellers 'sell' their cards then relist them...

Jim65
06-09-2020, 09:32 AM

You file a NPB, Non Paying Bidder. The bidder then has 4 days to pay. After 4 days, you close the claim and the bidder recieves a strike, after a few strikes ( not sure how many), they get suspended.

1952boyntoncollector
06-09-2020, 09:35 AM
You file a NPB, Non Paying Bidder. The bidder then has 4 days to pay. After 4 days, you close the claim and the bidder recieves a strike, after a few strikes ( not sure how many), they get suspended.

then they form a new id...

Jim65
06-09-2020, 10:11 AM
then they form a new id...

True, Ebay needs to step up and stop these idiots.

toledo_mudhen
06-09-2020, 10:18 AM

I believe it's 3 strikes per inning and there are 9 innings - so 27 strikes?

1952boyntoncollector
06-09-2020, 10:27 AM
I believe it's 3 strikes per inning and there are 9 innings - so 27 strikes?

well like 13 strikes for perfect score in bowling or something like that

wondo
06-09-2020, 11:33 AM
List card
Sell card
Bidder does not Pay
Open Non-Paying Bidder Case
Bidder does not pay
Case closes
Ebay refunds final value fees
Block bidder
Relist card

buymycards
06-09-2020, 11:49 AM
List card
Sell card
Bidder does not Pay
Bidder does not pay
Case closes
Block bidder
Relist card

Exactly.

bobbyw8469
06-09-2020, 11:51 AM
List card
Sell card
Bidder does not Pay
Bidder does not pay
Case closes
Block bidder
Relist card

Yes. Pretty soon the deadbeats will all be blocked, and you will only deal with people that appreciate what you have to offer.

bnorth
06-09-2020, 11:58 AM
List card
Sell card
Bidder does not Pay
Bidder does not pay
Case closes
Block bidder
Relist card

^^THIS^^
Then repeat because the buyer is mad at you and is just screwing with you for many reasons. Could also be someone selling the same item and wants yours off the marked. Many reasons for nonpayers.

Jewish-collector
06-09-2020, 12:17 PM
If they don't pay, knock on their door and say, "Go ahead, make my day" :D

EvilKing00
06-10-2020, 05:26 AM
years ago u could leave negative feed back for buyers, guess they changed that

bobbyw8469
06-10-2020, 06:24 AM

Yes...no such thing as a "bad buyer" anymore. According to Ebay at least.

Jim65
06-10-2020, 07:13 AM

Some sellers abused the privilege, buyers were afraid to leave honest feedback for sellers who overcharged shipping, didn't package stuff carefully, extremely slow shipping, etc for fear of getting retaliatory negative feedback. The new system is still flawed but way better than the old one.

Buythatcard
06-10-2020, 07:42 AM
Yes. Pretty soon the deadbeats will all be blocked, and you will only deal with people that appreciate what you have to offer.

I've been selling over 15 years with over 300 deadbeats blocked. How much longer do I have to wait?

ALR-bishop
06-10-2020, 08:29 AM
Some sellers abused the privilege, buyers were afraid to leave honest feedback for sellers who overcharged shipping, didn't package stuff carefully, extremely slow shipping, etc for fear of getting retaliatory negative feedback. The new system is still flawed but way better than the old one.

Tend to agree with this but the new policy has unleashed a lot of bad buyers and driven good sellers I know from ebay...to the detriment of good buyers

Tabe
06-10-2020, 02:50 PM
well like 13 strikes for perfect score in bowling or something like that

Because I'm pedantic, I'm gonna point out it's 12 strikes for a perfect game in bowling. You're welcome. ;)

Leon
06-17-2020, 01:28 PM

It is an awful rule for sellers. Negative feedback needs to go both ways.

jbsports33
06-17-2020, 03:47 PM
In the last 4 months I have had at least 5 buyers not pay, on avg. in the past it has been only a few times a year - agreed the feedback system needs to go both ways. At least something showing how many times a buyer has not completed a full transaction.

Jimmy

Jim65
06-17-2020, 06:12 PM
You can block buyers who have 2 or more unpaid item strikes.

For Buy It Now, you can check the immediate payment required, doesn't work for best offers but does help overall.

tonyo
06-18-2020, 04:17 PM

This is the truth.

I just had a buyer initiate a return request. Ebay gave 6 or 7 options to respond, but none of them allowed me to argue my case or request a review.
I picked "pay to send a return shipping label".

Question for the ebay sellers who have gone thru this: shouldn't I receive an email or message from ebay with a tracking number for the return package? It isn't clear that my choice was actually registered. I expected to be asked to pay immediately, but wasn't. and the cost wasn't added to my eBay invoice balance, not even deducted from paypal. The email I did receive (after clicking the purchase return shipping button) says "you have accepted a return, next step is to send a return shipping label. Click on return details to purchase" . When I click on return details, it says "you have provided return information" But still no indication that I have paid anything for return shipping.

anyone experienced with this process?

I've been selling alot of my collection on ebay lately, and I guess I'm one of those lazy sellers referenced in the other current thread because I don't describe any flaws. I add photos of a 9 pocket sheet front and back for individual cards, provide a link to the high res version of the same photos, and say in my description that the cards I'm selling range from Poor, Fair, Good or Very Good. Fortunately out of a couple hundred cards sold, I've only had 2 complaints for condition.

I should've blocked this buyer the other night. He sent a message saying the cards in a small lot I had for auction are in bad shape, offered me 75% of what I started the auction at, then placed a bid 30 minutes later. The package hasn't arrived to him yet. I suppose I'll be getting another return request the minute he opens the package.

thecatspajamas
06-18-2020, 07:59 PM
This is the truth.

I just had a buyer initiate a return request. Ebay gave 6 or 7 options to respond, but none of them allowed me to argue my case or request a review.
I picked "pay to send a return shipping label".

Question for the ebay sellers who have gone thru this: shouldn't I receive an email or message from ebay with a tracking number for the return package? It isn't clear that my choice was actually registered. I expected to be asked to pay immediately, but wasn't. and the cost wasn't added to my eBay invoice balance, not even deducted from paypal. The email I did receive (after clicking the purchase return shipping button) says "you have accepted a return, next step is to send a return shipping label. Click on return details to purchase" . When I click on return details, it says "you have provided return information" But still no indication that I have paid anything for return shipping.

anyone experienced with this process?

When you use the "pay to send a return shipping label," the label cost is tacked onto your eBay invoice at the end of the month, not drawn on your account immediately. (I think this may be changing once Managed Payments kicks in, but that is a whole other mess). If the buyer uses the label to ship the item back to you, you will receive a notice when it has been shipped, and when it has been delivered. The buyer may not ever actually ship it back (just had this happen on an item where the return shipping was nearly the item cost, so I was glad). In that case, after a long waiting period, eBay will notify you that the buyer did not ship it back, and they will release any funds being held for the return. You are not charged for a return label that is never used.

What I'm not a big fan of is that you are never told how much the return shipping label actually cost in any kind of message from eBay. To find out, you have to go look at your overall invoice of eBay fees, which can be many many pages long.

You can also opt to send the buyer a shipping label of your own (for instance, purchased through stamps.com and printed to a pdf, then sending them the pdf), but I find that is an extra step that is hardly worth the effort.