PDA

View Full Version : Goldin Auctions

HOF Auto Rookies
06-07-2020, 12:17 AM
Gotta love it when you buy a very expensive card, and they ship with $100 insurance and no signature required.

Good stuff [emoji106]

bnorth
06-07-2020, 05:52 AM
Gotta love it when you buy a very expensive card, and they ship with $100 insurance and no signature required.

Good stuff [emoji106]

Nobody is requiring a signature now in my experience, even with expensive items. I know I have got things delivered from USPS, UPS, and FedSux that was supposed to require a signature. All just got dropped off like a normal package.

buymycards
06-07-2020, 06:02 AM
Ben, that shouldn't be happening. If the customer paid for a signature, then the carrier is required to obtain the signature. There is no gray area with that. If it happens, make a trip to the Post Office and talk to your Postmaster. The carriers have masks and hand sanitizer to use in these situations.

buymycards
06-07-2020, 06:06 AM

Good stuff [emoji106]

Brent, was it over $1000? This is from their website:

All invoices greater than $1000.00 MUST be shipped via FedEx or UPS to a physical address with an adult signature requirement for insurance purposes.

Leon
06-07-2020, 06:21 AM
I recently sent a t205 to a member with sig.....and it was dropped with no sig. I refunded the member for that.

earlywynnfan
06-07-2020, 06:39 AM
Mine required a signature.

Mark
06-07-2020, 06:48 AM
Maybe the pandemic has led many delivery people to drop things off and move away fast rather than engage people face to face for a signature?

Republicaninmass
06-07-2020, 07:05 AM
Are you guys living under a rock?

Since March I've had fed ex, ups, and usps all tell me

"Due to the covid19 social distancing orders, we are not having anyone sign for packages"

That being said, packages should still being sent with signature confirmation, but NOBODY is requiring it. At least from the above list

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-07-2020, 07:05 AM
Brent, was it over $1000? This is from their website:

All invoices greater than $1000.00 MUST be shipped via FedEx or UPS to a physical address with an adult signature requirement for insurance purposes.

That policy makes no sense. FedEx and UPS will not pay a claim on a collectible over $1000. They'll let you buy whatever insurance you like but in the fine print collectibles are only covered to $1000. It wouldn't bother me so much if they'd tell you that when you purchase $5000 worth of insurance that they're not going to pay on.

Goldin Auctions
06-07-2020, 07:12 AM
Hello Brent
I show your package as being delivered at 908 am yesterday.
as for signature required, that is 100% standard practice, and this is actually the first complaint (in 9 years ) that i have seen about someone getting a package NOT requiring a signature. normally its the other way around and people complain they are not home to sign and please do NOT send their packages signature required. When the office opens monday, we will determine if it was a situation where local delivery has a policy of not requiring a signature due to the pandemic (and perhaps because of protests as you are near Minneapolis ) and instead they take a photo of item being left at your address, OR if it was sent WITHOUT a signature (which is against company policy) and will get back to you via email.
for faster response in the future, you can always email us at info@goldinauctions.com and we respond to emails 7 days a week,
thanks

Snapolit1
06-07-2020, 07:13 AM
I have had two sign required packages simply
Dropped on my porch lately. I think many postal workers are deciding they
Will flout the rules for safety reasons. Can’t say I blame
Them.

Goldin Auctions
06-07-2020, 07:17 AM
That policy makes no sense. FedEx and UPS will not pay a claim on a collectible over $1000. They'll let you buy whatever insurance you like but in the fine print collectibles are only covered to $1000. It wouldn't bother me so much if they'd tell you that when you purchase $5000 worth of insurance that they're not going to pay on.

This policy makes perfect sense
when you continue reading the policy. we pay a 3rd party insurance company for all overages.
"All shipments are covered by our fine arts insurance policy, calculated and charged at $0.90 per $100 of price realized. All packages shipped on our FedEx/UPS/USPS accounts are covered under our fine arts insurance. "

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-07-2020, 08:27 AM
Sorry Ken,

3rd party insurance absolutely makes sense. My apologies. My complaint about UPS and FedEx practices still stands!

Scott

Goldin Auctions
06-07-2020, 09:17 AM
no problem scott
yeah fedex and UPS suck that way. had no problem taking my money for years insuring things for $3K, 5K even $10K and up
until one day a $7500 item was lost by them and they pointed out the fine print and paid $1000 on it.
since then, all packages insured for $1000 to cover deductible, and 3rd party to cover the rest

3-2-count
06-07-2020, 09:26 AM
I've had numerous packages arrive these past few months from USPS, Fed Ex & UPS which were sent w/ signature required and all were left at my door without a signature.

Agree w/ others. Its a sign of the times!

Andrew1975
06-07-2020, 10:30 AM
I have had the same experience, including with some expensive items.

I've had numerous packages arrive these past few months from USPS, Fed Ex & UPS which were sent w/ signature required and all were left at my door without a signature.

Fred
06-07-2020, 04:08 PM

Just curious, were the delivery companies at least smart enough to ring the door bell and at least wait a minute, or so, to see if someone would answer the door and pick up the package? If those (signature required) packages dropped off at the door were worth more than a grand, then that's just foolish on the part of the delivery service if a signature was required. You'd hope the delivery company would at least tell their employees to verify someone picked up the package.

Vintageclout
06-07-2020, 07:36 PM
Ben, that shouldn't be happening. If the customer paid for a signature, then the carrier is required to obtain the signature. There is no gray area with that. If it happens, make a trip to the Post Office and talk to your Postmaster. The carriers have masks and hand sanitizer to use in these situations.

In speaking with workers from ALL shipping businesses (USPS, FedEx, UPS), due to COVID-19, an actual Recipient signature is currently not required. However, what is supposed to happen for “direct signature required” items is the carrier should be ringing the doorbell and ask to see ID. They should NOT be leaving a box on the front porch and/or in a mailbox without seeing identification. Yet, that seems to be exactly what is happening way too often (several times with me as well). Totally irresponsible & unacceptable considering the immense value for some of these shipments.

bnorth
06-07-2020, 07:58 PM
Just curious, were the delivery companies at least smart enough to ring the door bell and at least wait a minute, or so, to see if someone would answer the door and pick up the package? If those (signature required) packages dropped off at the door were worth more than a grand, then that's just foolish on the part of the delivery service if a signature was required. You'd hope the delivery company would at least tell their employees to verify someone picked up the package.

UPS and FedSux will leave normal packages on my front steps. They will put ones with insurance and signature required in my garage. In light of everything I am more than OK with that.

Now USPS is a different story. My regular mail lady is completely worthless and that is being very very nice. She is a several decades long friend and still don't care if she ruins my mail even though she knows I get cards in bubble mailers and small boxes regularly.

3-2-count
06-07-2020, 08:00 PM

Hi Fred. UPS & Fed Ex rang the doorbell and left it at the door. USPS did not. They left a delivery attempt notification in my mailbox that my package could be picked up at their office. They didn’t even get out of their vehicle as my wife was home each time. Not once, not twice, but on three different occasions. :confused:

sycks22
06-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Most mail carriers are just dropping them off and waiving the signature as many have stated above. I guess why am I paying for it then? I'm more concerned that a USPS priority packages are taking 5-7 days and one took 8 days to be delivered when I'm paying for 2-3 days.

pokerplyr80
06-07-2020, 10:29 PM
I have had packages that said delivered and never showed up. Probably at a neighbors house or the wrong address. This was more of an issue when renting an apartment. I would not be pleased if a card I paid thousands of dollars for and requested signature confirmation at delivery was just left on the porch. Pandemic or not. Getting the post office to track these down afterwards is a nightmare, and getting ebay or paypal to pay a claim on a card that shows delivered won't be easy.

Stampsfan
06-08-2020, 12:32 AM
UPS and FedSux will leave normal packages on my front steps. They will put ones with insurance and signature required in my garage. In light of everything I am more than OK with that.

Now USPS is a different story. My regular mail lady is completely worthless and that is being very very nice. She is a several decades long friend and still don't care if she ruins my mail even though she knows I get cards in bubble mailers and small boxes regularly.

Geez Ben it may be time to upgrade One or two of your friends.

mantlefan
06-08-2020, 06:47 PM
I'm OK with carriers leaving packages at my house and not getting signatures due to COVID concerns. I'm not happy that they charge extra for this service and then don't follow through. A refund to shippers would be nice...but that ain't gonna happen.

irishdenny
06-10-2020, 12:53 AM
Are you guys living under a rock?

my ancestors were mud people :D

68Hawk
06-10-2020, 01:23 AM
Edit: I should have taken a moment to read the Goldin Auction procedures for schedule of payment to consignors, a quick alert from Hobby stalwart confirms that checks usually go out 14 days after the 10 day buyer period given to make an 'on time' payment.
Still blown away by some of the material in the auction just passed, basketball has gained a memorabilia traction that is something to behold!

pawpawdiv9
07-01-2020, 01:08 PM
oon Current Auction as of 7/1
Getting warnings from my Securty (kaspersky) cautioning malicious link & etc.
Anybody else??

Goldin Auctions
07-01-2020, 01:53 PM
https://opentip.kaspersky.com/www.goldinauctions.com/

the site you mentioned says goldin auctions is good......
we see no issues

Leon
07-01-2020, 05:05 PM
oon Current Auction as of 7/1
Getting warnings from my Securty (kaspersky) cautioning malicious link & etc.
Anybody else??

That is probably a bunch of bullcrap. Just like when someone goes crazy because they think this site isn't secure (which it is). Too many conspiracy theorists when it comes to this stuff and well known sites. Just my opinion.
And even though Goldin is an advertiser I don't mind saying they have done a darned good jobs with their auctions.

pawpawdiv9
07-02-2020, 10:08 AM
Leon-
its not crap neither, still getting it today.
I have been a buyer from Goldin for a long time and was looking at their stuff as i always do on others. I never had this problem before until now.
I did click on their link and says its good, but when i type in their adress i get pop-up warnings from kaspersky saying otherwise. Just checking if anyone else was getting it.
Think of doing a re-boot of kasperky or update.

it says:
Malicious web page in google chrome threatens the security of your computer
web page: https://goldinauctions.com/Userfiles/js/jquery.bxslider.js
We reccommend that you close close the web page.

Leon
07-02-2020, 10:17 AM
Leon-
I have been a buyer from Goldin for a long time and was looking at their stuff as i always do on others. I never had this problem before until now.
I did click on their link and says its good, but when i type in their adress i get pop-up warnings from kaspersky saying otherwise. Just checking if anyone else was getting it.

it says:

It's crap. There is no malicious stuff on their website.

Exhibitman
07-02-2020, 11:20 AM
Leon, my software warns me that this site "isn't fully secure...because it uses an outdated security configuration...". You might consider upgrading that.

Powell
07-02-2020, 11:30 AM
I’ve consigned modern Michael Jordan stuff and have been very happy with Goldin and the responsiveness of his team and overall professionalism.

Powell

Republicaninmass
07-02-2020, 11:41 AM
40 fleer jordan rookies/stickers at the top of the market

Leon
07-02-2020, 12:17 PM
Leon, my software warns me that this site "isn't fully secure...because it uses an outdated security configuration...". You might consider upgrading that.

I think your s/w is not exactly correct (could be though). There is a security license for this site. If you are on a phone you will see the lock. If you click on the url when on a computer there will be a https. The reason it says not secure is because there are links on this page, or this s/w somewhere, that are old links that are not https. Our hosting company is a fairly large company that has lots of firewalls, security etc.....

I am not 100% on anything except what the hosting company said to me.

Pat R
07-02-2020, 05:47 PM
Leon-

it says:

I'm getting the same thing Chris it says Norton blocked a formjacking attack
which is a digital information theft that collects customers personal information.

bobfreedman
07-02-2020, 08:05 PM
We have thoroughly investigated the file in question and while we see no evidence of any attempt to maliciously modify the file we will be replacing the functionality it provides with a new library Later tonight. Periodically, older files will cause false alarms which this appears to have happened. Thanks for your patience.