PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have Any Info On This 1934 White Sox Pass?

Buythatcard
05-29-2020, 01:39 PM
I just recently picked up this 1934 complimentary pass to Comiskey Park. I googled and googled but came up short.

Trying to find out info on this pass. Was this good for only 1 game? Whole season?

Any info would be appreciated.

scgaynor
05-30-2020, 05:36 AM
If it is on thin paper, Probably only for one game. The season passes were usually made of thicker stock. Plus the fact that it was detached from a booklet or something leads me to believe it would have been used for one game. Season passes are stand alone type pieces and not removed from a booklet.

Buythatcard
05-30-2020, 08:14 AM
If it is on thin paper, Probably only for one game. The season passes were usually made of thicker stock. Plus the fact that it was detached from a booklet or something leads me to believe it would have been used for one game. Season passes are stand alone type pieces and not removed from a booklet.

Thanks Scott. It's actually on thicker stock. But it makes sense what you say about it being detached. Now, my question is, if it's for a single game, which game?

swarmee
05-30-2020, 08:21 AM
Unlikely you'll be able to find out unless that 774 maps to anything useful. As a complimentary ticket, it could probably have been used for any game. I would think it would have been given out as a ticket replacement for a future game due to a rainout or cancellation.

Buythatcard
05-30-2020, 08:43 AM
I did some more googling and found out that it was part of a season pass booklet. So, it looks like it could be used for any White Sox home game. They were commonly given to the press, club owners, investors & other VIP. Not sure whether these tix had to be used in any specific order.

I also read that when PSA slabs these tickets, they will use any White Sox home game for that season which you choose. For example, Ruth hit his 702nd home run at Comiskey Park on 7/21/34. I believe that they played 76 games at home, so there is a 1 in 76 chance that the ticket was used for that game.

swarmee
05-30-2020, 09:25 AM
I also read that when PSA slabs these tickets, they will use any White Sox home game for that season which you choose. For example, Ruth hit his 702nd home run at Comiskey Park on 7/21/34. I believe that they played 76 games at home, so there is a 1 in 76 chance that the ticket was used for that game.
Any perfect games or anything more notable to pretend it's from?

Buythatcard
05-30-2020, 09:43 AM
Any perfect games or anything more notable to pretend it's from?
:D:D