PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anyone w/knowledge on Confederate Currency

chlankf
05-25-2020, 04:20 PM
I'm in the process of going through all of the collectables accumulated through both my and my parents life. One of the collections I have come across is a group of Confederate and Colonial currency bills. There are about 65 of them and I'm just not sure who to approach to sell them off. There are stickers on the pages with my father's criptic coding. A few have auction tags from the early to mid 80's. I can post some pics I needed.

Thanks in advance and sorry it's off topic.
Craig

Justus
05-26-2020, 07:52 PM
I don't know anything about them but they've always interested me. Would love to see some photos.

Michael B
05-26-2020, 09:21 PM
I did collect Confederate currency at one time. I had about 30-40 different notes when I branched off into other areas of Civil War collecting. I may be able to steer you to someone who is a dealer in CS currency and War Between the States paper. I have lost touch with many of the people I used to interact with, but this person sells on Ebay and I consider him to be honest.

pokerplyr80
05-26-2020, 10:45 PM
I have no idea what they are worth or where to send them but I would take a couple at a fair market value. I'd also be curious to see scans if you decide to send the whole lot off somewhere.

chlankf
05-27-2020, 02:45 PM
Thanks for all the messages I have received. I will be getting good pictures out to each of you this weekend. For those like me who think their cool and want to see some, I have posted some pictures.

JollyElm
05-27-2020, 03:19 PM
This thread immediately makes me think of "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" by The Band, with its reference to Confederate currency:

Now I don't mind choppin' wood
And I don't care if my money's no good
You take what you need and you leave the rest
But they should never have taken the very best

ctownboy
05-27-2020, 03:29 PM
I would contact heritage Auctions,. They have several currency auctions a year and think they would be interested if these are real.

David

sb1
05-27-2020, 05:34 PM
This thread immediately makes me think of "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" by The Band, with its reference to Confederate currency:

Now I don't mind choppin' wood
And I don't care if my money's no good
You take what you need and you leave the rest
But they should never have taken the very best

One of Levon's best vocals!