PDA

View Full Version : Probstein

Snapolit1
05-23-2020, 07:18 AM
Does anyone ever wonder where this guy gets all the cards he sells? Seriously. In the past 12 month period seems he has sold more cards than PWCC and the top 15 sports AHs added together. Seems bizarre to me that people are rushing to consign their cards to a place that merely throws them up on eBay and does very minimal promotion (other than occasional email).

bnorth
05-23-2020, 07:38 AM
Does anyone ever wonder where this guy gets all the cards he sells? Seriously. In the past 12 month period seems he has sold more cards than PWCC and the top 15 sports AHs added together. Seems bizarre to me that people are rushing to consign their cards to a place that merely throws then up on eBay and does very minimal promotion (other than occasional email).

He is such a pleasant gentleman to talk to and he runs an honest business so why wouldn't everyone consign to him?:confused:

icurnmedic
05-23-2020, 08:13 AM
I have used him and ALWAYS get a premium. And he PP the balance within 48 hrs , every time. I don't know him, but will continue to use him.

Republicaninmass
05-23-2020, 08:23 AM
Maybe because his rates are quite low?

The way in reading his rates are 8%, on raw lower grade cards under $10, as opposed to 25% through someone else like greg morris. That difference is yuuuge

Case12
05-23-2020, 08:54 AM
Trust. When I see him as the seller. Sometimes the prices are a little high.

buymycards
05-23-2020, 09:10 AM
He has 33,000 followers, and he has received 196,000 feed backs during the past 12 months. Those are just feed backs from unique customers. The total doesn't include multiple purchases. Incredible!

Snapolit1
05-23-2020, 09:11 AM
I have used him and ALWAYS get a premium. And he PP the balance within 48 hrs , every time. I don't know him, but will continue to use him.

Well that indeed is quite nice.

I have zero axe to grind towards the guy. Just staggering the volume he does.

Snapolit1
05-23-2020, 09:12 AM
He has 33,000 followers, and he has received 196,000 feed backs during the past 12 months. Those are just feed backs from unique customers. The total doesn't include multiple purchases. Incredible!

I would guess 50% of buyers don't bother to leave feedback.

CurtisFlood
05-23-2020, 09:20 AM
He is such a pleasant gentleman to talk to and he runs an honest business so why wouldn't everyone consign to him?:confused:

Funny Ben! His driver hit my pickup at the National show in Chicago a few years ago. I have a feeling if a cop hadn't witnessed it that he would not have taken ownership. He came through with a few phone calls though.

I consigned an item to him and lost $290 from my purchase price. Never again.

ruth-gehrig
05-23-2020, 09:27 AM
His eyes must be getting bad. His "dead centered" Jordan Rookie PSA 10 isnt dead centered top to bottom, side to side or on the back. Also says it looks like an 11 lol

Snapolit1
05-23-2020, 09:36 AM
His eyes must be getting bad. His "dead centered" Jordan Rookie PSA 10 isnt dead centered top to bottom, side to side or on the back. Also says it looks like an 11 lol

Maybe he’s been watching Spinal Tap.

notfast
05-23-2020, 09:51 AM
Big consignment spot that sends out daily emails with popular/high value items.

Bought from them many times with no issues. Never sold anything with them but I've heard good things.

Jay Wolt
05-23-2020, 11:25 AM
I've consigned w/ Rick, very quick turnaround from them receiving the cards to listing them to paying me.

Won from them a bunch of times & never a problem w/ the cards & they arrive quick. Very business like.

mhatun487
05-23-2020, 11:30 AM
troll

NYYFan63
05-23-2020, 12:04 PM

I have experienced the same. And when I win his auctions, I receive the cards within 2-3 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MVSNYC
05-23-2020, 12:39 PM
Dealt with Rick many times, never had a problem. One time, I dropped off a consignment to his office; they have a big operation with many employees- scanning, packing, writing descriptions, etc.

1952boyntoncollector
05-23-2020, 01:36 PM
Funny Ben! His driver hit my pickup at the National show in Chicago a few years ago. I have a feeling if a cop hadn't witnessed it that he would not have taken ownership. He came through with a few phone calls though.

I consigned an item to him and lost $290 from my purchase price. Never again.

so one lone sale at a loss from whatever you purchased the card and never again? I understand never to use someone again but that appears to be a fake excuse. You could of overpaid for the card that you later sold, plus if you sold a card on your own on ebay and took a loss, im sure you wouldnt stop selling there ever again because of one lone loss

ALBB
05-23-2020, 02:45 PM
never had a problem with him, so far so good

irishdenny
05-23-2020, 03:16 PM
Hey. How are you guys? I suggest you play one game with me and have fun here troll.....[/url]

Отправлено с моего SM-G935FD через Tapatalk

You must be lonely!?

One of Our Members, Mr Peter Chao
Would love to explain the meaning of 'His World' &
"Why We Need Sports in the World" to You...

That is If You Really Need to Talk with Someone? (:

buymycards
05-23-2020, 03:41 PM
Hey. How are you guys? I suggest you play one game with me and have fun here troll /[/url]

Отправлено с моего SM-G935FD через Tapatalk

How do these trolls keep getting on this site? Looks like this one is a Russian.

rjackson44
05-23-2020, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=buymycards;1983533]How do these trolls keep getting on this site? Looks like this one is a Russian.[/QUOTE hi rick lol leon will take it from here hi steve

Leon
05-23-2020, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=buymycards;1983533]How do these trolls keep getting on this site? Looks like this one is a Russian.[/QUOTE hi rick lol leon will take it from here hi steve

Whomever it is is gone now. Might have been a tapatalk security issue. Thanks for the emails and pm's. The trolls links in the other messages were taken out. Caveat emptor out here.

oldjudge
05-23-2020, 05:07 PM
I’ve lost money on sales but never had a negative net. I consigned some stuff to him years ago, and amongst the items was the shell from an old racing bike that my son had left at our house. Rick convinced me to offer free shipping. The shipping exceeded the hammer and I lost money. Having said that I have bought a few cards from him since with no issues.

BeanTown
05-23-2020, 05:35 PM
Won a couple of items and had to do an exchange which was done quickly on a sealed Little Sun Jeter set. No problems as a buyer. Not sure if they have any current legal issues going on, but it doesn't seem to be slowing down the intake of consignments.

glynparson
05-23-2020, 06:32 PM
I've consigned w/ Rick, very quick turnaround from them receiving the cards to listing them to paying me.

Won from them a bunch of times & never a problem w/ the cards & they arrive quick. Very business like.

This is been my experience as well. I recommend him to people
All
The time. Gets good prices and pays faster than anyone. And turns product extremely fast. And rates aren’t much more than eBay charges me.