PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Cards End Tonight, Can you Help us track Web Performance?

Goldin Auctions
05-21-2020, 03:38 PM
Tonight is session 2 and its where the majority of the trading cards are, so if any of you have placed bids and will be participating in extending bidding at 9PM EDT you could be helpful to us.

Its been documented the issues we have had this past few days. What we just learned is that AT LEAST on Sunday night and last night (exactly 9:16pm) Simple Auction Servers were victim of a cyber attack. The purpose was NOT to gain information, but simply to slow down my auction and hopefully crash it. I AM TOLD steps are put in place to stop it now. if you are bidding tonight and experience any slowness, errors, or similar please post here. if you can screenshot anything (if it occurs) it would be most helpful. for everyone's sake we hope this is resolved and all goes smoothly. I can tell you if tracked the culprits will be pursued criminally and civilly. Thanks for your help and if participating post here (if its good or normal post that too)
thanks

Aquarian Sports Cards
05-21-2020, 05:50 PM
Does this mean that Simple Auction DOESN'T use Cloudflare?

bobfreedman
05-21-2020, 06:03 PM
We do use CloudFlare and have for years. There are many ways to hack a web site and without divulging what has happened, we believe we have corrected the issue. Thanks for your patience

glchen
05-22-2020, 12:29 PM
I had no problems bidding and seeing the current auction status last night. It went very smoothly in my opinion, as compared to last weekend when I was constantly scrambling (and failing) during extended hours to try to get my bids in.