PDA

View Full Version : "Jews and Baseball" is a very good documentary with a huge omission.

Brian Van Horn
05-16-2020, 05:32 PM
https://tubitv.com/movies/312584/jews_and_baseball

You don't need a membership to watch the documentary "Jews and Baseball" on tubi.com.

It is a very good documentary, but there is one HUGE omission. Barney Dreyfuss. Many credit him as being a co-founder of the World Series. Still, no mention in this documentary.

Another couple of notes:

When mentioning Erskine Mayer, one of the pictures is actually Eppa Rixey.

The documentary also notes, although widely believed that Rod Carew converted to Judaism, he did not.

Santo10Fan
05-16-2020, 06:37 PM
Tubi is a great free streaming service. I'm looking forward to checking this show out.

If you ever need a Chuck Norris or Jean Claude VanDam fix, Tubi is the one!

Vintagecatcher
05-17-2020, 12:43 AM
Thanks for sharing.

Well done and very entertaining. Especially enjoyed the parts depicting Hank Greenberg and Sandy Koufax.

Patrick

Rich Klein
05-17-2020, 09:31 AM
A sidebar story:

One of my favorite stories about photos refers back to Ken Burns Baseball. Marty Appel who did a wonderful book on King Kelly was watching the documentary and saw a photo of "King Kelly".

Since he had never seen that photo before he asked Burns' office where they got that photo. They told him something to the effect of we just found a picture of a bar patron who looked like King but we don't think it's him.

Happens with old-time players more than we would like.

Rich

Brian Van Horn
05-17-2020, 09:51 AM
A sidebar story:

One of my favorite stories about photos refers back to Ken Burns Baseball. Marty Appel who did a wonderful book on King Kelly was watching the documentary and saw a photo of "King Kelly".

Since he had never seen that photo before he asked Burns' office where they got that photo. They told him something to the effect of we just found a picture of a bar patron who looked like King but we don't think it's him.

Happens with old-time players more than we would like.

Rich

Reminds me of this pickup: