PDA

View Full Version : OFF-SUBJECT. Every evening at 7 the neighbors near the hospital

jerrys
04-30-2020, 12:59 PM
in Brooklyn where my daughter works as a nurse practitioner come out of their homes to support and encourage the doctors and nurses by making noise and cheering. This message may inspire others everywhere to follow to honor the professionals that are working to save us. Thanks, Leon.

Stampsfan
04-30-2020, 01:19 PM
Thank you to all the front line workers, from nurses and long term care facility workers to the folks at grocery stores, and everyone else.

:D

Leon
04-30-2020, 01:21 PM
in Brooklyn where my daughter works as a nurse practitioner come out of their homes to support and encourage the doctors and nurses by making noise and cheering. This message may inspire others everywhere to follow to honor the professionals that are working to save us. Thanks, Leon.

Kind words for our first responders and other essential workers are always good in these times.

buymycards
04-30-2020, 01:33 PM
My wife works in a nursing home. McDonald's is offering a free meal to health care workers. The offer is good through May 5th. We used it today. At the drive through, when ordering, just say that you would like a "Thank You Meal".
Show your ID, and your meal will be free. I had to pay for my meal, but my wife's meal was free.

It was quick and easy. And, since McDonald's is my favorite place to eat, it gave me a good excuse to head to the nearest McDonalds, which is 24 miles from my house. We might have to go for another drive tomorrow. :)

packs
04-30-2020, 04:29 PM
I'm in Brooklyn too. It gets loud over here at 7:00 pm. Sometimes they sing New York, New York. I like to pretend I'm walking out of Yankee Stadium after a big win when I hear it.

Lorewalker
04-30-2020, 04:34 PM
My wife works in a nursing home. McDonald's is offering a free meal to health care workers. The offer is good through May 5th. We used it today. At the drive through, when ordering, just say that you would like a "Thank You Meal".
Show your ID, and your meal will be free. I had to pay for my meal, but my wife's meal was free.

It was quick and easy. And, since McDonald's is my favorite place to eat, it gave me a good excuse to head to the nearest McDonalds, which is 24 miles from my house. We might have to go for another drive tomorrow. :)

Thank you to your wife for caring for the elderly, Rick.

I happen to be a Burger King fan myself but JUST happened to be reading an article on Covid-19 and food and thought of your post. Please see below, for what it is worth.

Is it safe to get fast food during coronavirus?

That burger and fries craving comes on strong staying at home, and watching fast food commercials between news broadcasts doesn't make it go away. (Just me?) Unfortunately, this is not the time to give into that craving. According to Dr. Desai, it's not safe to order or grab fast food with the current novel coronavirus pandemic. It's the fast food setup that's specifically higher risk for novel coronavirus spread among employees and customers.

"Drive-thru situations require that the person buying the food interact with a fast food employee directly," says Dr. Desai. "In addition, with fast food, the employee is exposed to a very high volume of individuals and is therefore at higher risk of getting exposed to the disease themselves (and therefore higher risk of spreading it)."

buymycards
04-30-2020, 07:30 PM
Hi, Chase,

Thank you for sharing the good advice about the fast food. I didn't realize that it was that much of a risk and I appreciate the advice.

On a side note, I am working on the 19 pound weight gain during quarantine, which, I believe, is what Covid19 refers to? I am also personally trying to keep Frito-Lay and Hostess in business during the quarantine.

But back to being serious, I really try to take the proper precautions by wearing a mask anytime I am out of my house, and I carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer in my back pocket so it is available at all times. I live in a county of around 55,000 people, and the population is really spread out, but my feeling is that the local people are not serious about the virus, and there aren't a lot of people who are taking precautions. So far, we only have about 30 cases, and 4 deaths, but I look for those numbers to explode because of the people who are ignoring the rules.

Rick