PDA

View Full Version : Show us your Lou Gertenrich back Cards

tkd
04-23-2020, 07:09 PM
REA recently had several 1922 Lou Gertenrich back cards in auction. I bid on several but in the end I didn't win any. I regret not bidding higher because these cards are beautiful and super rare. Anyway, I don't own any so none to show but I would love to see what you have. Feel free to show us any and all Lou Gertenrich back cards.

ValKehl
04-23-2020, 10:22 PM
I wanted the Gertenrich - Muddy Ruel card in REA, and I regret not bidding higher on it, which I would have done if I didn't already have this Gertenrich card of Joe Judge.

terjung
04-24-2020, 10:32 AM
I'd love to know if a Sisler has been found. It seems like he should exist in the set with that back, but I've never seen one. Great cards!

tiger8mush
04-24-2020, 07:22 PM
Bullet Joe Bush was my first pickup, from Leon in the spring of 2010. I've picked up a couple dozen since then mostly from fellow board members (plus a few on the way from REA) and eager to continue towards the set. I blame this on you Leon :)

Nice Judge, Val! Tough to come by ones with a clean back.

Sorry Brian, I haven't come across a Sisler.

tkd
04-24-2020, 07:55 PM
Nice cards everyone! Rob, you must have a good portion of the known examples. That is a big accomplishment. Do you have a Ruth or Cobb yet?

tiger8mush
04-24-2020, 09:12 PM
Do you have a Ruth or Cobb yet?
Not yet ...

brianp-beme
05-02-2020, 01:50 PM
Here is the Hank Gowdy Lou Gertenrich card I picked up from a group of 30 or so a seller listed individually on Ebay about 20 years ago. Each card had similar back damage due to scrapbook removal, as seen on this one. It seems like the back damage cards that are encountered from this rare set came from this grouping.

Brian

kmac32
05-02-2020, 09:05 PM
Bullet Joe Bush was my first pickup, from Leon in the spring of 2010. I've picked up a couple dozen since then mostly from fellow board members (plus a few on the way from REA) and eager to continue towards the set. I blame this on you Leon :)

Nice Judge, Val! Tough to come by ones with a clean back.

Sorry Brian, I haven't come across a Sisler.

Rob, are most of your backs like the card you show with the tape mark piece on the back causing paper loss? I ask because I picked up one off of ebay of Elmer Miller, my great great uncle. Wonder if they were in the same collection?

tiger8mush
05-03-2020, 08:58 AM
Hi Ken,
Yes most of mine originated from the same find that Brian spoke about. You can check them out here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139478047@N03/albums/72157665071351728

Sounds like your Miller came from there as well.

Rob
:)