PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Texas Longhorns/ Freddie Steinmark movie, "My All American"

CMIZ5290
04-20-2020, 05:02 PM
I just saw this incredible movie about this guy on HBO, starring Aaron Eckhardt as Coach Royal. This is as close as it gets to Brian's Song and it is a first class movie. A Real tear jerker, but a fantastic movie as well.... Does anybody out there recollect how good of a player he was? The movie indicated that he was a key player on the team, I just had no idea.... What a fantastic story!!

Hot Springs Bathers
04-20-2020, 06:01 PM
Steinmark was a heck of a player. I know when these two teams have their reunions both teams remember him with great respect and affection.

I also remember as a 15 year old tearing up on that December 6th afternoon when my Hogs fell 15-14. Chuck Dicus was every bit as good as the movie made him and Steinmark and that Texas secondary came up big when they needed it. Of course if Don Breaux had not called for a pass inside the Texas ten and had All-American kicker Bill McClard kick a chip shot field goal late in the fourth the game would have been over!