PDA

View Full Version : T206 Graded Population Growth from year to year

Farm_kid
04-20-2020, 12:45 PM
Does anyone track or happen to know how many T206 cards get submitted to the grading services each year?

I was browsing through population reports for the stack of Raw T206s I have. Looks like the average common has a population between 350-400 and HoFers are between 500-650 cards graded.

So does that number grow by one or two a year or does it go up by about 50 each year?

Folk who've been collecting the monster might have a pretty good gut feeling about the population growth I'm guessing.

steve B
04-20-2020, 07:16 PM
when I was looking at pop reports to try to group certain cards I found that most HOFers were graded in roughly double the numbers of commons.

I was looking at each brand, which makes it a bit tougher as most of the less common brands don't really have enough cards graded.

The pop reports are only reliable as a general guide. So many have been cracked and resubmitted, or altered and resubmitted that it isn't a reliable number.

Farm_kid
04-21-2020, 09:36 AM
Okay, makes sense. So I guess was wondering in a way, of all the T206 cards that exist in the world I was wondering how many, or what percentage, are graded? I have always felt better about having a card in a PSA holder, but I have a growing number of raw (mostly PSA 1-2 probably) cards.

It's been a while since I read Scot Reader's paper, that might shed some light on the estimate of total cards out there. I sense a fun little project emerging for myself.

Here is a closer look at one of the cards I might submit. I wonder if it might bet a PSA2 or if the paper loss is too severe. Might just end up as good looking PSA1

JohnP0621
04-22-2020, 03:44 PM
I don't believe that you will ever get a grade 2 based on the amount of paper
Loss that's on the back.
Still a very nice looking front .

John P

GasHouseGang
04-22-2020, 03:50 PM
I would have to agree with John. I don't think you're likely to get a PSA 2 grade with that much paper loss.

Farm_kid
04-22-2020, 06:25 PM
I think you both are probably right. The crease on the front shows a lot more in this picture than in person too. I don't think a grader would let that slide.