PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia

yanks4
04-16-2020, 07:20 PM
Home watching the complete 7th game of the 1960 World Series.....

My first real Major League baseball memory....

RCMcKenzie
04-16-2020, 08:03 PM
I can remember 1975 and 1976, definitely the Chambliss walk-off to go to the 76 series, but I remember 1977 game 6 and Reggie Jackson's 3 homers and 5 homers in 3 games like it was last year. Actually, I've already forgotten last year. I think the Astros won or something or someone cheated and that.

kkkkandp
04-17-2020, 05:12 AM
Home watching the complete 7th game of the 1960 World Series.....

My first real Major League baseball memory....

The 1960 Series was a killer for me. I grew up in a Yankee-fan family (both grandfathers and father). I remember running home from school to see the end of it (imagine holding a World Series Game 7 these days with a 1:00 PM weekday start when millions of people couldn't see it!) and was disappointed when my then-hero, Roger Maris, fouled out in the ninth failing to help the Yankee cause. I was devastated when Mazeroski hit his home run over Yogi's head and over the ivy. That was a pretty crushing ending for a nine-year-old to watch!

Vintagecatcher
04-17-2020, 05:48 AM
My memory involves the 1967 "Impossible Dream" Red Sox.

I was 7 and I think every boy in the class had on a transistor radio with an earpiece to hear the ball game. I'm sure the teacher figured out what was going on since we all had our hands cupped over our ear to hide the earpiece.

Patrick