PDA

View Full Version : 1950-1970 St Louis Cardinals & Cleveland Indians Postcard Checklists HELP

rhettyeakley
04-15-2020, 12:38 AM
With the time that I have had on my hands I am very slowly plugging away on cataloging my Cleveland Indians and St Louis Cardinals team issued postcards (or Photocards as they call the Cardinals issue).

Does anyone have a master checklist for either series?

I have used the Sports Collectors Bible for organizing the Cleveland Indians team issued postcards and it is pretty helpful for those although I have a lot that aren't in there and am missing quite a few that are in there. I probably have 400+ of these before they moved to the standardized color issues of 1973 and on.

The St Louis Cardinals Photocards are an absolute beast of an issue to organize. I have long collected the issues from around 1950 to 1970 (easy to date before 1971 as they switched to the pull-over jersey style for the 1971 season and that is how I have always cut them off. I am now looking at a stack of probably 300-400 or so from the pull-over 1971-1978 era that I have absolutely no way to make any headway in organizing them. There used to be a great website that had the issues all dated and the seemingly infinite variations cataloged that I used for years for the pre-1971 issues but it seems like that site is no longer around and I am a bit lost.

Any help from the team issue collectors would be much appreciated.

-Rhett Yeakley
rhettyeakley@gmail.com

sealmark2
04-15-2020, 12:48 PM
Rhett:
From 1977 until about 1993 I published a color postcard checklist which contained most if not all of the Indian issues. If you will email me your mailing address I will send you copies of the Cleveland pages.
Mark K. Bowers
mkbow2@surewest.net

rhettyeakley
04-15-2020, 03:06 PM
Mark, that would be awesome. Let me know postage and I’ll PayPal you some money to cover the cost of making and shipping it!

-Rhett

David W
04-16-2020, 08:05 AM
Message Cardinal Collector on this forum.

No one on the planet knows more about them than him.

Randy Trieweller