sflayank
04-09-2020, 08:52 PM
Are they serious

ALR-bishop
04-09-2020, 09:03 PM
Surely

ctownboy
04-09-2020, 09:29 PM
From what two other people have posted, it sounds like it...and don't call me Shirley.

David :)

BeanTown
04-09-2020, 09:34 PM
Just got this email

The close of tonight’s inaugural Heartland Sports Cards and Memorabilia auction has been postponed.

Earlier today we were targeted in a law suit by another memorabilia company, which we view to be malicious and unwarranted. Rather than continue with tonight’s scheduled closing, we are taking a reasonable and prudent approach and suspending the auction.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter and apologize for any inconvenience it may cause. As always, our first obligation is to our consignors and buyers, which makes this action necessary.

It is our plan to honor all current bids when the auction resumes, provided bidders consent at that time.

We will provide you with updates by e-mail as information becomes available or feel free to check our website.

Sincerely,

Bill Goodwin
President
Heartland Sports Cards and Memorabilia

bcornell
04-09-2020, 10:10 PM
Maybe some consignor couldn't bid on their own stuff.

timn1
04-10-2020, 12:03 AM
Why would being served with a lawsuit necessitate suspending the entire auction on the final day? Somebody must know what this is all about...

BobbyVCP
04-10-2020, 02:25 AM
Bet this has something to do with Bill selling his old auction company to that group...it used to be a decent auction then after he sold it the product slowly became crap... so I am betting they are the ones that are now suing Bill now that he started another auction company...could be wrong just speculating.

jefferyepayne
04-10-2020, 05:10 AM
Agree with Bobby. Smells like a cease and desist letter associated with a non-complete to me.

jeff

Brian Van Horn
04-10-2020, 05:20 AM
Interesting the brakes were applied when the auction was into extended bidding.