PDA

View Full Version : Sad News - Manny Gordon Passed Away...

Baseball Rarities
04-09-2020, 04:22 PM
Longtime collector Manny Gordon passed away yesterday after battling the COVID-19 virus for the last month. Manny was a great guy and I always enjoyed meeting up with him at the different shows over the years. RIP Manny.

Updated to add that I received the following email from Memory Lane today:

It is with great sadness that we at Memory Lane announce the tragic passing of Manny Gordon, who will forever reside as one of the hobby’s most passionate and esteemed collectors. A dear friend for several decades, Manny’s zeal towards assembling the finest cardboard keepsakes started with his most prized possession, his magnificent high grade T206 compilation. While he amassed a seemingly infinite array of other world-class cards, it was his tobacco collection that energized Manny each and every day. Most significantly, it was that same unbridled passion that enabled him to live his life as the consummate husband, father, grandfather and friend; always placing the ultimate happiness of his loved ones as a foremost priority. Through the years, we were extremely fortunate to share so many personal experiences with Manny and his family members, building a vast number of wonderful memories that will surely echo for eternity. That said, Manny’s sudden passing was virtually bitter-sweet. The inspiring recollections of our tender memories with Manny is the “sweet”, and the “bitter” is the knowledge that life’s circumstances might never allow for building another valued friendship with such a special person like Manny again. For those who knew this “giant of a man”, we cordially ask that you find a moment of time to offer a solemn prayer for his entire family, with the compassionate hope of easing their bereavement. Gone, but certainly never to be forgotten, Manny’s charismatic smile, remarkable persona and unparalleled integrity will forever live in our hearts, and with that notion we extend our fondest farewell in the utmost sincerity and love....

At the families request we are sharing with you the services will be held over the phone app Zoom this Sunday 9am EST if you would like to pay your respects. Clock the Zoom link below to log in:
https://zoom.us/join
Meetin ID: 582-406-215
Meeting Password: 023126

NYHighlanderFan
04-09-2020, 04:28 PM
Would he set up at shows with his Dad? They both had glasses?
Sad news nonetheless.

Gpaal
04-09-2020, 05:57 PM
RIP Manny

MVSNYC
04-10-2020, 09:42 PM
Oh no. So sad. RIP Manny.

He befriended me about 15 years ago, and we had several great interactions, and made a few deals. What an amazing guy. He had such a great eye for cards. I had the pleasure of seeing his collection, and it was second to none. My best to his family.

Michael Sarno