PDA

View Full Version : 1904-18 Postcard Identification Help

bcbgcbrcb
04-08-2020, 06:49 AM
I am hoping that board members can assist with the identification of this postcard. Based on the stamp box on back, dates to 1904-18. The image of several ballplayers inside a fancy vehicle is reminiscent of season ending championship team photos such as the 1910's Boston Red Sox, etc. Even under magnification, there is no discernable team name/logo on either the uniforms nor hats.

Does anyone recognize this specific image or can identify any individual players or possibly the team/year? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Case12
04-08-2020, 08:35 AM
Perhaps the automobile type will help place the location. It's not a Ford. I am not familiar with that type of car....

ullmandds
04-08-2020, 08:57 AM
Perhaps the automobile type will help place the location. It's not a Ford. I am not familiar with that type of car....

was thinking the same thing. is that a steam car/truck?

bgar3
04-08-2020, 10:58 AM
I believe the car is a circa 1910 Staley Steamer.
It is possible it is a spring training photo, not end of season.
Finally and I say this very cautiously, one of the players resembles Addie Joss. Not saying it is, resembles, at least to me.

Case12
04-08-2020, 03:49 PM
How about the truck license tag? Can anyone tell where that is?

Also noticed the two boys sticking their heads into the picture at the bottom of the windshield....priceless :)

Some of the gents are wearing heavy sweaters for spring??