PDA

View Full Version : USPS shipping

bnorth
03-28-2020, 07:41 AM
Anybody else been experiencing delays? I sent a card to Canada that seems to need a break along the way.:)

I know international mail goes through NY and they are getting hammered by the virus. So any Canadians having problem getting their stuff from the US? Hoping it isn't just me.

irv
03-28-2020, 08:08 AM
Anybody else been experiencing delays? I sent a card to Canada that seems to need a break along the way.:)

I know international mail goes through NY and they are getting hammered by the virus. So any Canadians having problem getting their stuff from the US? Hoping it isn't just me.

I doubt you're the only one, Ben. It can take some time under normal, everyday circumstances, so considering what is currently going on, both up here and state side, this isn't surprising to hear.
https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/our-company/news-and-media/corporate-news/news-release-detail.page?article=2020/03/23/important_changes_to&cattype=announcements&cat=newsreleases

Like I mentioned before, I have also had worries/concerns about cards not arriving, but not once has it ever happened to me.

Howe’s Hunter
03-28-2020, 08:09 AM
Bought a card last week from a board member. It was supposed to arrive yesterday from Ohio. As of 10 a.m yesterday, it had travelled from Akron, Ohio to Detroit, 119 miles of its 1,399 mile journey. Hoping it arrives before End if the season, it that ever starts ....

bnorth
03-28-2020, 08:45 AM
I doubt you're the only one, Ben. It can take some time under normal, everyday circumstances, so considering what is currently going on, both up here and state side, this isn't surprising to hear.
https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/our-company/news-and-media/corporate-news/news-release-detail.page?article=2020/03/23/important_changes_to&cattype=announcements&cat=newsreleases

Like I mentioned before, I have also had worries/concerns about cards not arriving, but not once has it ever happened to me.

As many members can attest if my cards to them don't arrive on time I am an over communicator. I like things to go smoothly. On the other side when packages are late arriving to me I always tell the sender not to worry about it because they will eventually show up. Just one of my many weird quirks.:)

Yankees1964
03-28-2020, 09:13 AM
My wife works in a USPS processing plant. They have had one person test positive so far in another plant that sends their mail to them which caused some delays. She told me that they also have had some days that due to some of possible exposures in other plants that they may not get the normal volume for the day and then get three days worth of mail at once. On a side note I say a prayer for her every day before she leaves.

pawpawdiv9
03-28-2020, 09:37 AM
Took an extra 2 days for my dog's Chewy.com order.
Note: Due to the Covid-19, try and wear gloves and discard box outside, keep away any contamination and WASH HANDS!!!

bnorth
03-28-2020, 09:44 AM
Took an extra 2 days for my dog's Chewy.com order.
Note: Due to the Covid-19, try and wear gloves and discard box outside, keep away any contamination and WASH HANDS!!!

Because of the amount of people that have the virus in the town I live in. I have been taking my mail out of the box(with gloves on) and leaving it in different piles in the garage for 4 days before bringing it in.