PDA

View Full Version : 49 Leaf common numbers spreadsheet

steve B
03-24-2020, 04:56 PM
A while back I made a spreadsheet of images of as many different varieties of 49 Leaf as I could find. There are some I didn't find images of, and I can't be sure I have every image categorized correctly, but I think it's pretty good.

At the time I hadn't figured out how to share a large file, but I've got it now.. I think....
If the link doesn't work let me know.

Any questions/ suggestions/ etc welcome
I do know I need column headers explaining what each column is about.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AnK7duip0UvBxzqd6UBOIJzsFSaY?e=2yvvVa

swarmee
03-24-2020, 05:07 PM
One suggestion is to keep the Post-WWII discussion in the Post WWII discussion board, further down. That way when people look for it in the future, they know where it is most likely to be.

tedzan
03-24-2020, 06:25 PM
Steve B

I cannot get the link to work.

Incidentally,
we've had 1949 LEAF threads here in this section of Net54 before. I, for one, posted this one back in 2016......
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=222952&highlight=1949+LEAF

It was very popular and informative with 121 posts, and 47,375 views.

Furthermore,
the SEARCH function will find any Thread regardless of it being in the pre-war section or the post-war section.

TED Z

T206 Reference (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=237816)

steve B
03-25-2020, 11:45 AM
One suggestion is to keep the Post-WWII discussion in the Post WWII discussion board, further down. That way when people look for it in the future, they know where it is most likely to be.

I thought it was a product of enough effort and of enough general interest that it would be worth being on the main page. I have some plans to do similar things for some prewar cards, and eventually for the little differences in T206s.

There's so much other stuff here that doesn't belong I'm a bit lost as to why you'd make an issue of it.

samosa4u
03-25-2020, 11:57 AM
I can't get the link to work either.

I have never seen anyone link a spreadsheet to this site before and I don't even know if you can do that.

Why don't you just take snapshots and then upload the photos on here?

steve B
03-25-2020, 12:01 PM
Steve B

I cannot get the link to work.

Incidentally,
we've had 1949 LEAF threads here in this section of Net54 before. I, for one, posted this one back in 2016......
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=222952&highlight=1949+LEAF

It was very popular and informative with 121 posts, and 47,375 views.

Furthermore,
the SEARCH function will find any Thread regardless of it being in the pre-war section or the post-war section.

TED Z

T206 Reference (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=237816)

Darn, apparently OneDrive can't preview an excel file bigger than 5MB.
Do you get that error message? That's what I get, and if I click on "open in desktop app" it does open.

If the mods want to move this, that's fine with me.

steve B
03-25-2020, 12:10 PM
I can't get the link to work either.

I have never seen anyone link a spreadsheet to this site before and I don't even know if you can do that.

Why don't you just take snapshots and then upload the photos on here?

Most of them might be too large after resizing to come through properly.
And individually it would be about 150 images.

Basically I spent a bunch of time finding images of as many different varieties as I could, and organized them into columns.
No lines of color at the picture border
Lines of color at the picture border
Actual magenta instead of red
shaded vs unshaded hats
transitional types where say black from one type was used with the red from a different type.
Plus a couple that don't fit a category.

I couldn't find all of them, but I think at least two different of each card.

I'm checking to see if OneDrive will open it at a larger file size for other formats. If not, than it's kinda useless.

I may just have to screenshot each number individually and make a big thread in the postwar section.

Not good news for the T206 project I want to do a similar way. :mad:

swarmee
03-25-2020, 04:29 PM
There's so much other stuff here that doesn't belong I'm a bit lost as to why you'd make an issue of it.
Because I'm just that guy. And no, 1949 Bowman isn't such a tremendous issue that people love so much it deserves a spot on the front page. It's miles behind 1952 Topps, and those collectors keep their threads in the right section...

swarmee
03-25-2020, 04:29 PM
I'm checking to see if OneDrive will open it at a larger file size for other formats. If not, than it's kinda useless.

Have you tried googledocs?

steve B
03-25-2020, 05:48 PM
Because I'm just that guy. And no, 1949 Bowman isn't such a tremendous issue that people love so much it deserves a spot on the front page. It's miles behind 1952 Topps, and those collectors keep their threads in the right section...

This isn't Bowman..... :D:D:D

And eBay /aution houses/ shipping gripes/ auction announcements/ stock market/ Memorabilia/ postwar hobby history... etc aren't prewar cards either. But no complaints about those?
(No complaints here, most of those threads are interesting)

RCMcKenzie
03-25-2020, 07:15 PM
Since Brooks Robinson is not in the 49 Leaf set, it probably fits better on here. There's a thread about 85 Topps on here. It sure is quiet on here. I guess everyone got cabin fever and went out. I may have to start a T206 thread in the morning...Rob

I mostly collect pre-war, but I collect 52 Topps and 49 Leaf a little. Both are fun sets. Ebay used to have a pre-1950, one-click category for a long time.

samosa4u
03-26-2020, 01:03 PM
And eBay /aution houses/ shipping gripes/ auction announcements/ stock market/ Memorabilia/ postwar hobby history... etc aren't prewar cards either. But no complaints about those?

Agreed. And let's not forget name-calling, threats, politics, men pretending to be women - none of that belongs here either.

Now back to the 49' Leafs. At the beginning of each print run, a sheet would be put through the printer in order to check for ink density, and to see how the images were lining up (registration), etc. Were these "first sheets" tossed out or inserted into packs and sold to the public? This might explain why some of these cards look so messed up!

Could you email me this file?

steve B
03-26-2020, 07:26 PM
Agreed. And let's not forget name-calling, threats, politics, men pretending to be women - none of that belongs here either.

Now back to the 49' Leafs. At the beginning of each print run, a sheet would be put through the printer in order to check for ink density, and to see how the images were lining up (registration), etc. Were these "first sheets" tossed out or inserted into packs and sold to the public? This might explain why some of these cards look so messed up!

Could you email me this file?

I tried emailing it to someone a while back and it was too large for both of my emails.
I'll probably start putting screenshots in the postwar section. I've shared a couple, but I may as well do the whole thing.