PDA

View Full Version : Nifty new to me sport on ESPN

buymycards
03-22-2020, 12:01 PM
I was watching ESPN this morning and they were televising the 2007 Speed Stacking World Championships. In this even, the contestants stack plastic cups into different sized pyramids and the person who can stack all of the various configurations the quickest wins the championship. There were teams from several countries, with single events, two person events, and team events.

Who knew? I have to admit that I was intrigued, for a while, at how talented these people were. This was the 2007 championship. I wonder people are still competing?

clydepepper
03-25-2020, 05:46 PM
I liked the stone-skipping championship.

---------------------------------

Santo10Fan
04-04-2020, 05:08 PM
I saw a sreetcar parking competition

drcy
04-04-2020, 05:28 PM
The stick whittling races were pretty good. One guy was about to win but fell off his rocking chair.

buymycards
04-04-2020, 05:32 PM
And then there is the action packed "Cow Chip Throwing Contest". This is very popular in Wisconsin. Never a dull moment when you live in Wisconsin!

If any of you city slickers need me to explain what a cow chip is, send me a PM.

Shoeless Moe
04-04-2020, 06:49 PM
And then there is the action packed "Cow Chip Throwing Contest". This is very popular in Wisconsin. Never a dull moment when you live in Wisconsin!

If any of you city slickers need me to explain what a cow chip is, send me a PM.

I've competed in that Cow Chip throw in Sauk. And just because you can throw a baseball far that does not mean you can chuck a cow chip far, I learned that as I was basically out of the competition before it landed.

Farmers have the upper hand. I'm no farmer.

Bill77
04-04-2020, 07:56 PM
Reading this thread all I can think of is ESPN 8 the Ocho. Where if it's almost a sport we'll have.

buymycards
04-05-2020, 06:45 AM
I've competed in that Cow Chip throw in Sauk. And just because you can throw a baseball far that does not mean you can chuck a cow chip far, I learned that as I was basically out of the competition before it landed.

Farmers have the upper hand. I'm no farmer.

Hi Paul, I have never competed, although I live about 40 miles from Sauk.

I can send you some cow chips if you want to practice up for the next contest.

Rick

Shoeless Moe
04-05-2020, 10:02 AM
Hi Paul, I have never competed, although I live about 40 miles from Sauk.

I can send you some cow chips if you want to practice up for the next contest.

Rick

Haha! No thanks!!! I know what they are made of.

You are lucky some of the BEST Restaurants aka Supper Clubs in the World in Wisconsin.

I however am in Illinois just below the Cheddar Curtain.

mr2686
04-06-2020, 06:58 AM
Reading this thread all I can think of is ESPN 8 the Ocho. Where if it's almost a sport we'll have.

Love that movie. Remember, if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

clydepepper
04-06-2020, 06:50 PM

PM 'bout BM

steve B
04-06-2020, 09:29 PM
I should give ESPN a look. Sounds like it was way back at the start when we called it the Every Sport Possible Network.
It was strange sports all the time.