PDA

View Full Version : Paypal question/help

whiteymet
03-21-2020, 11:17 AM
Hi Guys:

I have been all over Paypal and can not find what I am looking for.

Is it possible to see your balance as it goes down.

Say for example on 3/1 my balance was $100

I bought something on ebay for $5 so my balance would be $95
then I buy something for $10 so my balance would be $85

It does show my current balance as $85

but what I am looking for is something like an accounting like this:

Balance $100

purchase $5

New Balance $95

purchase $10

New Balance $85

etc.

I can see my purchases and amounts on Activity and Summary but it does not tell me when I make a purchase what my balance was when they subtracted it from my balance.

The genesis of this I logged onto my acct today and found what I think is a much lower amount in my PP balance than I think it should be.

Hope this makes sense and someone can help.

mantleman
03-21-2020, 11:42 AM
Hi,

I just tried on both the App and the desktop versions and do not see a way to view what/how you are looking for. Perhaps this is available in the business account version of Paypal instead of just the ordinary consumer ?

Andy

buymycards
03-21-2020, 12:11 PM
You can do it, but there are some limitations.

Click on Activities on the top of the main page.

On the top right of the Activities page, click on Statements

Then use the option Download Standard Statements.

Your options will be Jan and Feb. March won't be in there, so select Feb.

Scroll towards the bottom and it will show you your Feb 1 beginning balance and your Feb 29th ending balance. Toward the top it will show each individual transaction for the month of February.

If you want to check March, you will have to do it manually. Use the February 29th ending balance, and then go back to the main page, and manually add and subtract your activities for March.

scotgreb
03-21-2020, 12:45 PM
If memory serves, a running balance was accessible on the "classic site" -- that stayed for a while after the modern look upgrade but I don't see the classic site [override] link any longer.

I'm not sure all have the same report access but similar to Rick's response;

Click Activity - then Statements - then Custom.

Under Activity Download choose Balance Affecting.

You can download any time frame as CSV. As long as you know your beginning balance (of whatever your beginning date is) you can add that column and easily calculate the running balance in Excel.

Might sound more complicated than it is but pretty basic Excel stuff.

Good luck.

Scott

whiteymet
03-21-2020, 08:05 PM
Thanks guys. I am not all that computer literate, but I will wait till after the first of the month to try your suggestions since it is March I am trying to figure out.