PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Uncle's Presidents Day Auction Bid Now - Ends Today March 15th

Leon
03-15-2020, 12:50 PM
This is a paid ad.

Crazy Uncle's Presidents Day Auction Bid Now - Ends Today March 15th

HARRISON, New York: Feb 21, 2020 – Crazy Uncle Auctions Presidents’ Day Auction launches with fanfare and excitement. The auction is being heralded as one the greatest assemblies of Presidential memorabilia ever collected for one sale. This sale which runs until a 6:00pm EST close on Sunday, March 15th features signed items from all 45 Presidents in the history of the United States, and in most cases multiple signed items, an item from every US Vice President and each Founding Father of the Nation including a spectacular very rare Benjamin Franklin signed document and an unbelievably rare Teddy Roosevelt signed photograph graded PSA 10 Gem Mint.
https://crazyuncleauctions.com/

The baseball card selection is not to be overlooked when drooling over the museum-worthy historical pieces. Last auction, Crazy Uncle set a record high price on the sale of a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle rookie and this offering is even better!! The roster of cards includes; 1934 Goudey Lou Gehrig #61 (PSA 8 NM-MT), 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle #311 – Rookie (PSA 2.5 GOOD+), 1939 Play Ball Mel Ott #51 (PSA 9 MINT), 1953 Bowman Mickey Mantle (PSA 8 NM-MT), 1956 Topps Hank Aaron #31 (PSA 9 MINT), 1956 Topps Willie Mays #130 (PSA 9 MINT), 1959 Topps Willie Mays #50 (PSA 9 MINT), 1960 Topps Willie Mays #200 (PSA 9 MINT) and more…

We must mention the dozens of 1914 and 1915 graded Cracker Jack cards, the huge selection of 1932 US Caramel cards including Ruth, Cobb, Bobby Jones and more!!! There is a scarce 1915 Zeenut Fred McMullen for as well as the complete set of 1919 W514 cards including Ruth, Cobb, Shoeless Joe Jackson and his expelled “Black Sox” teammates in the only set featuring the banned players truly from 1919.

There are tickets to all of the games of the 1919 World Series, the 1932 World Series including Babe Ruth’s Called Shot and his final World Series Game as well as tickets from historic home runs by Ruth, Gehrig, and Mantle there is a ticket to Roberto Clemente’s final game.

If autographs are your thing do not miss the single signed baseballs from 20 of the 21 pitchers to ever throw a perfect game including Cy Young and Charles Robinson… wow! We are offering single signed baseballs from nearly a dozen US Presidents including Dwight D. Eisenhower, Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon, Bill Clinton, Donald Trump and more… even a ball signed by three US Presidents!!!

The auction also has PSA Graded autographs and checks from the likes of Thomas Edison, Charles Dickens, Orville Wright, Charles Lindberg, Mark Twain, Harry Houdini, and General Custer, just to name a few of the historical figures you will find among the stars of sport.

The Crazy Uncle Auction has been called “The best offering currently for sale” and well there is too much to list here with over 1500 lots there is something for everyone and… You’d be Crazy Not to Look!!!

Crazy Uncle Auctions Presidents’ Day Auction Feb. 21st – March 15th at https://crazyuncleauctions.com/

info@crazyuncleauctions.com

Crazy Uncle Auctions
175 Varick Street
New York, NY 10014
ph- 914 439 7105

Links to highly graded cards:

Lot 2 Lou Gehrig PSA 9
https://crazyuncleauctions.com/1934_..._-LOT2314.aspx

Lot 4 Cy Young
https://crazyuncleauctions.com/1927_...t-lot2316.aspx

Lot 6 Mickey Mantle
https://crazyuncleauctions.com/1952_...O-lot2323.aspx

Lot 7 Babe Ruth https://crazyuncleauctions.com/Babe_...A-lot2319.aspx

Lot 8 Lou Gehrig
https://crazyuncleauctions.com/1929_...o-lot2318.aspx

Lot 9 W514 Complete Set with Ruth, Cobb and Joe Jackson
https://crazyuncleauctions.com/1919_..._-lot2320.aspx

Lot 16 Mel Ott PSA 9
https://crazyuncleauctions.com/1939_..._-LOT2328.aspx

Lot 18 Hank Aaron PSA 9
https://crazyuncleauctions.com/1956_...T-LOT2330.aspx

Lot 19 Willie Mays PSA 9
https://crazyuncleauctions.com/1956_..._-LOT2331.aspx

Lot 22 Mickey Mantle PSA 9
https://crazyuncleauctions.com/1961_..._-LOT2334.aspx

AJR
03-15-2020, 09:03 PM
The extended period clock is erroring - please ignore the clock - we have extended to 11:15pm because of the issue.

HARD CLOSE 11:15pm

bounce
03-31-2020, 08:41 PM
bump this up - has anyone received their items yet?

last communication was on march 22nd, saying they'd ship if they could.

bobbyw8469
03-31-2020, 08:45 PM
Is this the 2nd auction in a row where these guys have had issues?

Aquarian Sports Cards
03-31-2020, 09:35 PM
Well to be fair, this is a little different. I know we're a little slower getting stuff out the door because we're on "shelter in place" I'm allowed to go to the office but we're using USPS pick up for packages instead of just running them to the PO, etc.

Leon
04-01-2020, 06:37 AM
+1
Personally, I would give AH's and other companies a little slack during this time. That includes TPG's., AH's and other sellers.

Well to be fair, this is a little different. I know we're a little slower getting stuff out the door because we're on "shelter in place" I'm allowed to go to the office but we're using USPS pick up for packages instead of just running them to the PO, etc.

Scott L.
04-01-2020, 07:03 AM
I was provided a tracking # and my items are to arrive today. I inquired and they indicated things are slow because of the shelter in place etc. Basically a one man shipping operation at this point.

Snapolit1
04-01-2020, 07:51 AM
Yeah, seriously . . .in this environment if you buy something it comes when it comes. Major cutting of slack all around.

bounce
04-01-2020, 04:16 PM
Again, wondering if other people are receiving items.

I appreciate AH's have a lot to ship, but same time it's part of the deal.

I've bought close to a dozen other things from other folks since that auction ended, all of those have been received and I don't have tracking from this.

However, a one man shipping operation would make sense, may just be luck of the draw of where the invoice is in the stack.

Donscards
04-01-2020, 04:29 PM
I emailed them too--got the same answer--1 man mailing--I paid by paypal over 2 weeks ago---I dont think I would bid again in this auction. Hope I get my cards.

Aquarian Sports Cards
04-01-2020, 04:40 PM
Well I'm a 1.5 man operation and we shipped a 1300 lot auction from March 1st and I think the worst case scenario was 4 business days between payment and shipping, and we still have a handful of late payments to deal with.

The question is can whoever is taking care of the shipping get to work? It's all about the current situation which simply isn't normal.

That being said communication is everything, and in this day and age can be done from home. A note explaining their particular situation would probably go a long way to assuaging peoples fears.

Oh, and Don, I'll try not to be hurt that you've never bid with me :)

hcv123
04-01-2020, 05:53 PM
I will play contrarian - While I certainly would give houses that I have had good-great past experiences with a lot of latitude given the current circumstances, based on all the reports from the last CU auction - I choose to see CU as "guilty until proven innocent". The current situation probably provides great "cover". For those who chose to bid - please share and update your experiences.

Snapolit1
04-01-2020, 06:03 PM
I don't know, with all the horrible shit going down around us, I'm going to get aggravated about a shipping delay on a card? I don't know.

RIP Adam Schlesinger, one of my musical heroes for the last few decades.

Aquarian Sports Cards
04-01-2020, 06:53 PM
I will play contrarian - While I certainly would give houses that I have had good-great past experiences with a lot of latitude given the current circumstances, based on all the reports from the last CU auction - I choose to see CU as "guilty until proven innocent". The current situation probably provides great "cover". For those who chose to bid - please share and update your experiences.

I would agree, but as far as I know they did eventually make good on everything from the first auction.

If I'm mistaken please share the info!

Donscards
04-01-2020, 08:16 PM
Well I'm a 1.5 man operation and we shipped a 1300 lot auction from March 1st and I think the worst case scenario was 4 business days between payment and shipping, and we still have a handful of late payments to deal with.

The question is can whoever is taking care of the shipping get to work? It's all about the current situation which simply isn't normal.

That being said communication is everything, and in this day and age can be done from home. A note explaining their particular situation would probably go a long way to assuaging peoples fears.

Oh, and Don, I'll try not to be hurt that you've never bid with me :)

Scott---I will have to check you out again, sorry I have not bid with you, I do see alot of your posts on here and you are a First Class Person, You should come to a Boston show sometime (hoping maybe this summer , we will have one) You do run a great auction. Good Luck with all, Don

mantlefan
04-01-2020, 08:36 PM
In all fairness, they're in Manhattan which is in lockdown. The Governor wants everyone to stay home. As a non-essential business, fines could be levied if they're caught working.
Post Offices are also a mess because of social distancing. Some offices limit the number of customers inside and bring in one person as another leaves.

These are extraordinary times we live in.

wazoo
04-01-2020, 09:01 PM
In all fairness, they're in Manhattan which is in lockdown. The Governor wants everyone to stay home. As a non-essential business, fines could be levied if they're caught working.
Post Offices are also a mess because of social distancing. Some offices limit the number of customers inside and bring in one person as another leaves.

These are extraordinary times we live in.

I know right? If people took themselves out of the cozy little bubbles they lived in and tried to have a little compassion during these taxing times. I think most people at this point should be willing to give out a "free pass." It blows my mind that the on time delivery of baseball cards is a major concern right now.

- Joshua W.

wazoo
04-01-2020, 09:06 PM
I don't know, with all the horrible shit going down around us, I'm going to get aggravated about a shipping delay on a card? I don't know.

RIP Adam Schlesinger, one of my musical heroes for the last few decades.

Seriously +1.

Aquarian Sports Cards
04-02-2020, 08:12 AM
Scott---I will have to check you out again, sorry I have not bid with you, I do see alot of your posts on here and you are a First Class Person, You should come to a Boston show sometime (hoping maybe this summer , we will have one) You do run a great auction. Good Luck with all, Don

I've been debating one or both of the Boston shows for some time now. As a small operation new shows are tough. I was already established as a dealer at Philly and Chantilly when I bought the auction so I had a base of people who were already doing business with me. I usually have several scheduled consignments appointments and several walk ups at both of those shows.

Now that selling cards has become secondary to supporting the business it's harder for me to make a new show work financially. For instance I did Pittsburgh for the first time last year. I got 3 people to sign up for our email list and no consignments. Card sales didn't cover costs with rent, travel and hotel. I can only afford to do that so often.

Of course the Catch 22 is: It wasn't worthwhile because people didn't know me, but the only way to get the locals to know me is to keep going.

Thanks for the kind words and who knows, I just might see you in Boston in 2020.

AJR
04-02-2020, 11:06 PM
Thank you to all of you who have shared genuine concern for all the people who live and work in New York during this scary time.

For those of you who are not in New York - The restrictions on non-essential businesses are severe. Just like PSA (a large company in California) cannot operate as normal, CUA (a small company in New York) also cannot operate as normal.

The impact is widespread, not a single business has been spared, there are limitations on everything you can imagine - including rations on toilet paper - if you can find it.

This is scary stuff... the threat to everyone's health is real... people are dying.

That said, most of the packages have already shipped out, as President of CUA my first priority is the satisfaction of my customers but NEVER at the expense of the safety and health of the people who work for the company - including myself.

I hope this helps to shed a little light on whats happening here.

Thank you

PS: Don & David - I will check to see if your orders are out the door when I go to the office in the morning - if they are not - I will personally ship them to you tomorrow.

Scott L.
04-03-2020, 06:07 AM
My winnings arrived yesterday. Pretty darn good all things considered. I’d buy again for sure.

Regards,

Scott

bounce
04-03-2020, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the update Aaron