PDA

View Full Version : Your preferred mailer for singles (non-slabbed)

Santo10Fan
03-10-2020, 05:05 PM
Anyone who posts, thanks in advance. I'm looking for your preferred mailers for single(s) raw form cards. If you wouldn't mind posting a name/make or part/model number that would be appreciated. If you know a good bulk supplier please post that as well.

icurnmedic
03-10-2020, 05:31 PM
May be a little much, depending on value, but these are really good for what I do. Also good for graded cards, and especially good for registered mail, as they are really easy to tape.

Jiffy Rigi Bag Mailer 66253#1, 7-1/8" x 10-3/8", Natural Kraft (Pack of 250)

I get mine from Amazon.

conor912
03-10-2020, 08:13 PM
Couple pieces of cardboard in a well taped PWE does the trick just fine.

hcv123
03-11-2020, 08:41 AM
Raw and or low value cards - sandwich between cardboard and put in a regular or padded envelope. Anything more than $100 I put in bubble wrap and then in USPS priority small flat rate box (free from the USPS)

x2drich2000
03-11-2020, 09:12 AM
For me it depends on value and where it is sold from.

Net54/Facebook/etc & <$10 - PWE, cardsaver in a sleeve, and no cardboard. You want that envelope to be flexible enough to get around the bends in the automated processing without getting jammed. If you have ever seen a USPS sort facility you would quickly know what I mean.

Ebay or Between $10-$100 - Kraft mailer (last time I bought from SupplyHut on Ebay, cost <$.10 each for 250 including shipping, and you can use Ebay Bucks if you have them), card is packaged between 2 pieces of cardboard

anything >$100 - plain 4x6 box (usually purchase from Staples & picked up at store, I think the last time I paid about $.25 each for a pack of 25).

tschock
03-11-2020, 02:17 PM
Net54/Facebook/etc & <$10 - PWE, cardsaver in a sleeve, and no cardboard. You want that envelope to be flexible enough to get around the bends in the automated processing without getting jammed. If you have ever seen a USPS sort facility you would quickly know what I mean.

I think top loaders will work this way as well, if you add some tape. I will either run an entire strip of clear packaging tape across the back of the envelope near the top and fold it over the ends to cover about an inch across the front; or take about a 2 inch piece for each end and fold it over in the middle across the front and back. This keeps the ends from getting snagged in the machine and tearing the envelope. I do this now with almost any envelope with cards in them: raw, top loader, card saver, or even a 3-card row cut from a 9 card page. After sending hundreds of envelopes this way, I've never had one returned (not counting short on postage once or twice) and I've never had any one complain about a mangled envelope.

That said, I also never take these to the person working there, but drop them in the letter slot inside the post office. :D