PDA

View Full Version : PSA going PAPERLESS

bobbyw8469
03-09-2020, 07:27 PM
https://www.psacard.com/articles/articleview/10079/psa-going-paperless-starting-april-1-2020?utm_source=psa&utm_medium=spotlight&utm_content=going_paperless_april2020

tjb1952tjb
03-09-2020, 11:49 PM
I suppose the new process will optimistically "streamline" the turn around time to 3-4 months. One can only hope...…….

DJCollector1
03-09-2020, 11:56 PM
Only makes sense.
Seems as time goes on they are trending towards "borderless" too............

Why not trim everything..?

:D

bobbyw8469
03-10-2020, 07:01 AM
Only makes sense.

Don't give them any ideas. The 1948 Leaf Football and the 1952 Topps Look & See have already been compromised so badly every single card in a graded case has been trimmed.

steve B
03-10-2020, 07:33 AM
I don't think they know what paperless means.
You still have a paper submission form, they are just fobbing off the data entry and printing on the customer.

Coming in 2025, with an already running pilot program for large submitters... Grade it yourself, Just print the submission form, and the flips which can only be bought in packs of 2500, and ship PSA will slab them and return.

And coming in 2030, grade it yourself/slab it yourself! A tabletop 3d printer will form the slab with an integrated ID/Grade panel, no shipping needed! Just mail a submission form and check, wait 180 days, then add them to the database yourself!

conor912
03-10-2020, 08:16 AM
Yeah, I’m confused, too. Pretty sure “paperless” means “without paper”....

“Like most PSA collectors are doing already, you will be required to enter your ordering information online and print out a completed, corresponding submission form.”

pclpads
03-10-2020, 11:48 AM
Wonder if Crazy Joe, with oodles of time on his hands, sits in his suite gazing out at the Newport harbor and simply dreams this dopey s**t up? Lessee . . . what should I screw with today? :rolleyes:

perezfan
03-10-2020, 11:50 AM
Only makes sense.

Too funny...

And great avatar, BTW!

Steve D
03-10-2020, 01:58 PM
How can a hobby, or a company, that is based on paper products (sports cards are made of paper), truly go paperless?????

Steve

DJCollector1
03-10-2020, 04:14 PM
Too funny...

And great avatar, BTW!

You know what my avatar is?
Not many people do, although admittedly I'm younger than most people who are familiar with it are.

I'm assuming you do, but if not here is a hint. "Markie"

:)

perezfan
03-10-2020, 04:16 PM
:rolleyes:[QUOTE=DJCollector1;1961111]You know what my avatar is?
Not many people do, although admittedly I'm younger than most people who are familiar with it are.

I'm assuming you do, but if not here is a hint. "Markie"

Yes... one of my favorite episodes! Although I must have at least 25 favorites. :rolleyes:

DJCollector1
03-10-2020, 04:45 PM
Yes... one of my favorite episodes! Although I have at least 25 favorites!

One of my favorites as well.
I have a collection of roughly 300 signed 8X10s of all the actors on the show.....and literally all kinds of signed items.

Years ago (maybe 10) there were a bunch of us heavily into it, and one of my good friends out in Los Angeles put together the first 2 TZ Conventions in 2002 and 2004.
So we had a tremendous amount of material signed from the actors.
I also have 5-6 "one of a kind" posters that myself and another friend made up and had various actors sign.

Much of my collection can be seen at the "Twilight Zone Museum" . com. website.

Terry Burnham, "Markie" had a tragic life. She is one that me and a number of other hardcore TZ collectors tried to locate, but was to no avail until it came out what happened to her.
As a fluke, someone contacted my TZ friend (that owns the website) and they had happened upon a chest of memorabilia of hers in a storage locker out in California somewhere. A trove of childhood photos, IDs and important information and belongings, including a ton of early photos and snapshots.
She went from a reasonably popular child actress, and her career slowly waned as she aged.
The story goes, she was in a horrific car accident back in the '80s, and it led to her having serious health issues until her "early" death roughly 10-12 years ago.

There were a few signed slips in that "trove", but the rest of us autograph collectors never could round her up before her death.

The closest thing I can show you would be this....... (that is not mine, thats the site owners but I have one just like it)

http://www.twilightzonemuseum.com/autographs/a-b/images/autobrittany3.jpg

It is of course a backstage shot of the two girls in the episode "Nightmare As a Child".

I had Morgan Brittany/Suzanne Cupito sign that in person in 2006 in NJ.
She has aged extremely well.

perezfan
03-10-2020, 05:59 PM
Very cool, not to mention quite impressive. Another of my favorite episodes is titled “The Obsolete Man”. Have you seen it?

And wasn’t Morgan Brittany in another TZ episode as well? It’s slipping my mind, but I have a feeling you’ll know it immediately.

She became a real beauty... major late ‘70s crush for me, with those eyes (and other body parts!) ;)

Sorry to derail the thread... back to paperless PSA. Just one last comment for Joe O... You’re a bad man. You’re a very bad man! 🌽

DJCollector1
03-10-2020, 08:52 PM
Very cool, not to mention quite impressive. Another of my favorite episodes is titled “The Obsolete Man”. Have you seen it?

And wasn’t Morgan Brittany in another TZ episode as well? It’s slipping my mind, but I have a feeling you’ll know it immediately.

She became a real beauty... major late ‘70s crush for me, with those eyes (and other body parts!) ;)

Sorry to derail the thread... back to paperless PSA. Just one last comment for Joe O... You’re a bad man. You’re a very bad man! 🌽

Yes, I have the definitive edition DVDs, I have seen them all many times.
Morgan Brittany/Suzanne Cupito was in 3 episodes, "Nightmare as a Child", "Valley of the Shadow" (a very tiny role) and you may also remember "Caesar and Me" with Jackie Cooper.
I have 2 signed shots by her and Jackie Cooper BOTH from that episode. Cooper only did one convention that I know of, so his autograph was in massive demand.
Another one that did a convention or two near the end of his life (non TZ related) was Tony Curtis.
He had lines around the building for 2 days of people getting him to sign stacks of photos.
A friend estimated him to take in 150k or more over 2 full day's of signing. At $40 a pop for an autograph, it adds up quick. Some guys were getting stacks signed too. (Can you imagine signing autographs for 2 days and making enough to buy a small home? Lol )
I'm not currently at home, but when I get home later this evening I'll see if I can post the double signed shot of Cooper and Morgan Brittany for you.

perezfan
03-11-2020, 12:59 AM
Yes, I have the definitive edition DVDs, I have seen them all many times.
Morgan Brittany/Suzanne Cupito was in 3 episodes, "Nightmare as a Child", "Valley of the Shadow" (a very tiny role) and you may also remember "Caesar and Me" with Jackie Cooper.
I have 2 signed shots by her and Jackie Cooper BOTH from that episode. Cooper only did one convention that I know of, so his autograph was in massive demand.
Another one that did a convention or two near the end of his life (non TZ related) was Tony Curtis.
He had lines around the building for 2 days of people getting him to sign stacks of photos.
A friend estimated him to take in 150k or more over 2 full day's of signing. At $40 a pop for an autograph, it adds up quick. Some guys were getting stacks signed too. (Can you imagine signing autographs for 2 days and making enough to buy a small home? Lol )
I'm not currently at home, but when I get home later this evening I'll see if I can post the double signed shot of Cooper and Morgan Brittany for you.

Would really love to see that...

Feel free to email or PM me with more TZ stuff. I know we've gone way off topic here, so maybe we need to spare the others from this "non-sports" obsession. :o

Many thanks!

bnorth
03-11-2020, 07:30 AM
Would really love to see that...

Feel free to email or PM me with more TZ stuff. I know we've gone way off topic here, so maybe we need to spare the others from this "non-sports" obsession. :o

Many thanks!

This is WAY better then the original topic.:)

Fred
03-11-2020, 08:27 AM
It's the evolution process in TPG companies. First start by going "graderless" then go "paperless".