PDA

View Full Version : POST/JELLO Bob Aspromonte #187

Case12
03-08-2020, 10:17 PM
Hi All, I bid and won a bunch of POST and JELLO cards tonight for great prices. Lots of teams. As a collector I had trouble finding #187 Aspromonte as it is rare and pricey. Well, I got this one as a inexpensive sleeper in the middle of one of bunches. I believe it is the JELLO version. Thoughts? Did I snatch a good one? Should I have it graded? Thx, Casey

NiceDocter
03-08-2020, 10:33 PM
The Jello version (note the short red line vs the longer one on the Post) and its a great card! Probably not worth getting graded as it has that slight clip at the top right but its still very valuable and many will be after it Im sure. GREAT FIND!!!!

swarmee
03-09-2020, 06:36 AM
Will likely grade Authentic as it does not have the black border all the way around.

Case12
03-09-2020, 08:51 AM
I won a bunch of teams. (unfortunately lost the Yankees one...for cheap too). An antique dealer had a book with pages and pages of JELLO and POST cards. I now need to sit down and go through them all to price them probably to sell (I don't collect complete sets, but this was too good to pass up).. Gee, if the Aspromonte goes for good money I might sell it also to fund some bigger items I have wanted....

Case12
03-09-2020, 09:01 AM
Are there others that are rare that I should be looking for first?

cannonballsun
03-09-2020, 09:12 AM
Are there others that are rare that I should be looking for first?

As these cards were glued in an album, they will probably have back damage. If you are lucky, it would be a glue which dissolves in water.. If not, that will be an issue.

62corvette
03-09-2020, 03:21 PM
Jello Aspromonte is significantly easier than Post. That’s why you have to watch the advertisers who have “the complete Jello/post set”. Certain Jello cards are easier to find than their Post equivalents. That is not to take away at all from your find!

swarmee
03-09-2020, 03:27 PM
There is a lot of discussion on the various Post and Jell-O sets in the Post-War forum further down the page. You have posted this one in the Pre-War (1945 and earlier) forum.

Case12
03-09-2020, 06:11 PM
I see now. I didn't know that was there. Sorry. Perhaps Leon can move this thread appropriately? Casey

Case12
03-21-2020, 09:44 AM
I went ahead and put this on B/S/T. Taking a guess on price. Any comments welcomed. Casey