PDA

View Full Version : OT: Shipping

bnorth
03-08-2020, 08:19 PM
Thinking of doing a trade with a fellow member. Would like some shipping help. Problem is I am in America and other member is in Canada. Cards have a value of around 2K each.

What would be each of our best shipping options? Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Leon
03-09-2020, 07:15 AM
There should be some Canadian members, or dealers, that can help with this question. You would think shipping to Canada would be a bit easier than other countries but it doesn't seem that way.

buymycards
03-09-2020, 07:46 AM
If you use the Postal Service you can't use International First Class if the value is over $400.

Priority Mail starts at $36.35 for a one pound package. Insurance for $4000 will cost you $67.80. You can also add Registered, which is a more secure option, and that will cost you $16 in addition to the other costs.

You can also use Global Express Guaranteed, which is one or two day guaranteed delivery to Canada. That is around $80 for one pound, plus the insurance cost of $67.

Also, Priority Express International, which starts at $50 for one pound, plus you have to pay the $67 for insurance.

I have used Global Express Guaranteed several times in the past and it is amazing. I can mail it from here in Wisconsin, and many times it will be delivered to the recipient in Canada the next day. Some locations in Canada take two days.

I don't know anything about using Fed Ex or UPS and I can't help you with shipping from Canada to the US.

Good luck! Rick