PDA

View Full Version : Philip Garry III Joins Hake's Auctions As Our Sports Consultant

Hake's Auctions
03-03-2020, 09:54 AM
Hake’s Auctions (www.hakes.com) is pleased to announce the recent addition of long-time Net54Baseball member Philip Garry III to its top-notch team of multi-genre hobby experts. As many already know, Philip brings with him a wealth of knowledge accumulated over 35+ years in the vintage sports collectibles industry. In addition to having self-published reference guides covering baseball, football, basketball and hockey rookie cards as well as the only Negro League baseball collectibles book ever produced, Philip has also written articles for Old Cardboard magazine and Antiques Weekly newspaper. Furthermore, Philip also worked very closely with Lyman Hardeman on a year-long project to create the “Baseball Hall Of Fame Rookie Cards” page on the OldCardboard website, a source of information that many consider to be the most comprehensive on the internet.

Hake’s is America’s first collectibles auction house. Since 1967 we have offered pop culture collectibles and Americana including all types of sports memorabilia.

One of Hake’s initiatives moving forward in 2020 is to expand even more in the sports collectibles marketplace and we believe that bringing Philip aboard will go a long way toward us achieving that goal. As the Sports Consultant for our company, Philip will be the primary point of contact (sports@hakes.com) for incoming sports collectibles consignments and will perform all the necessary legwork to ensure that top dollar is received for these most treasured items.

Philip has already been a major asset to Hake’s in the cataloging of the legendary baseball collection of Richard Merkin, prior to his officially joining our team, and now continues to provide valuable assistance in preparing items for auction, such as those in our current sale which closes March 11-12, 2020.

To read more about Philip please see the article that was published in Scoop-
https://scoop.previewsworld.com/Home/4/1/73/1023?articleID=236091

Again, please join us in welcoming Philip aboard as we look forward to presenting many more opportunities for the vintage baseball enthusiast to expand their collections over the coming years.

prewarsports
03-03-2020, 09:58 AM
Congrats Phil on your new position. All the best from a longtime hobby friend.

Rhys

h2oya311
03-03-2020, 10:02 AM
congrats Phil (and Hakes). Phil has a wealth of knowledge on rookie and pre-rookie cards as well as negro league memorabilia. I have learned a lot from him over many, many years and think this is a great fit. I'm surprised it took this long for this appointment to be official.

The Merkin collection certainly grabbed all of our attention a few years back. I always wished you would have more sports cards in your auctions, and am happy to see you try to expand that capability.

triwak
03-03-2020, 12:05 PM
Great news!! For Hake's and for our hobby. Congratulations, Phil!!

Bicem
03-03-2020, 12:14 PM
Very cool, congrats Phil and Hake's!

Rickyy
03-03-2020, 02:13 PM
Congrats Phil!

Ricky Y

Leon
03-08-2020, 09:33 AM
Congrats to Phil. It seems like a good fit. Good luck all!!

aquarius31
03-08-2020, 08:06 PM
Congrats Phil! I always look forward to your posts and great to see how you’re further applying your great wealth of baseball knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcbgcbrcb
03-11-2020, 06:54 AM
Thank you to all for your kind words and support. I am very excited about joining the Hake's team, it's been a lifelong dream to secure a job in the hobby that I have loved so much for so many years. As some of you may already know, I have been assisting Hake's over the past several years with sports photo identifications, primarily vintage baseball, but will now be taking on a much more active role in handling the sports collectibles consignments, writing catalogue descriptions and handling all facets of the Richard Merkin Collection, which will continue to be offered for at least the next couple of years.

Please feel free to e-mail me at: sports@hakes.com or contact me via phone at: (201)-638-9001 should you have any questions. I look forward to working with many of you in the future as Hake's takes on a larger presence in the vintage sports collectibles marketplace.