PDA

View Full Version : Gaynor's Auction ends March 3rd

scgaynor
02-27-2020, 08:47 AM
This is a paid ad:
Hello fellow collectors. This is Scott Gaynor from Gaynor’s Fine Consignments. Many of you “old-timers” have bought from me many years ago on Ebay when I used to sell under my user ID “Scgaynor”. Many of you have also bought from me under my current Ebay ID “estate-finders”.

Over the past decade I have moved away from dealing in Sports full time. Sports used to be 99.5% of what I sold, now it is .5% of what I sell, but I still offer sports items each month in my monthly auctions. About 10 years ago I opened a high end consignment shop on Cape Cod, got an auctioneers license, started doing weekly estate sales and doing personal property appraisals. It keeps me very busy!

Over the past year I have begun to use the Liveauctioneers.com platform more. If allows me to have more flexibility in terms of how I present my items, the commissions that I charge and control over who is bidding in my auctions. Also because I don’t meet states requirements about total sales, I don’t have to charge sales tax (unless you are a Massachusetts resident and don’t have a tax ID#).

I am here to promote my current Sports Memorabilia auction. Several pieces have been consigned by the family of Joe Cronin and are offered for the first time including:

- Joe’s 1935 All-Star Game Presentation Belt Buckle
- Six page Ty Cobb handwritten letter with good Baseball content
- Letters from President Gerald Ford, Gene Autry, Clark Griffith, J Edgar Hoover and others to Joe
- Joe’s personal hand colored James Creighton Frank Leslie’s Woodcut
- and More
https://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/162345_vintage-sports-memorabilia/
Also featured in the auction are:

- 1914 Boston Red Sox Document Signed by Owner Jospeh Lannin
- Autographs
- Golf Memorabilia
- Press Pin Collection
- Photographs
- Cards
- Programs
- Cuban Baseball
- Willie Stargell Leroy Neiman Signed Lithograph
Etc

I invite you to register for the auction and participate.

Also, in a pitch for consignments, I know that there are an infinite number of places to consign your cards, but relatively few that know and understand the memorabilia side of the hobby. If you are looking to auction memorabilia, keep me in mind. I am easy to work with, offer reasonable consignment fees and can even hold an auction of just your material with as few as 50 pieces. Just shoot me a message to discuss. I can be reached at scgaynor@scgaynor.com.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/162345_vintage-sports-memorabilia/

Thank you for reading and I hope to see some of you bidding.

Scott Gaynor
scgaynor@scgaynor.com
scgaynor.com

Robbie
02-27-2020, 02:46 PM
Dear Net54 Members....

First, Scott Gaynor does not know I am writing this. I am doing it on my own out of appreciation, and to let you know a little bit about my experience with him.

I have known Scott for over 20 years... maybe 25. He has had an incredible and positive influence on my collecting life and enjoyment of the hobby. When I first took an interest in photography, he shared a tremendous amount of knowledge and was instrumental in helping me get started in the niche... for which I am incredibly grateful. He continued to help me build my personal collection over the years, but has also been an inspiration to me as I consider new avenues in the hobby.

For as long as I've known him, he has been completely straightforward, trustworthy, fair, and reliable. I would not hesitate in any way to work with Scott regarding ANY of your auction needs.

drcy
02-27-2020, 03:18 PM
I'll second that. Back when he was active on eBay, he was my favorite seller and I both bought from and consigned through him.

He's very knowledgeable in many areas, including cards, memorabilia and autographs. I'd trust his generalist identification and authentication opinion as much as anyone's in the hobby, including at the big auction houses.

scgaynor
02-27-2020, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys!

steve B
02-27-2020, 07:54 PM
An auction site that doesn't require me to change my security settings to use it would be a plus.

Change to allow cookies, then change it back after browsing?
Aint nobody got time for that.

drcy
02-28-2020, 02:01 AM
An auction site that doesn't require me to change my security settings to use it would be a plus.

Change to allow cookies, then change it back after browsing?
Aint nobody got time for that.

I would assume all online auction sites require cookies to function. I don't know how it would be able to allow bids or someone to sign in to place a bid without them. I'm sure all auctions, from eBay to REA, use them. Net54 uses them when you're logged in to post.

scgaynor
02-28-2020, 06:18 AM
I don't have any control over cookies, but I have not heard any complaints from any other bidders and they have hundreds or even thousands of auctioneers registered

scgaynor
03-01-2020, 05:33 AM
Just a reminder, the sale ends in 3 days. It starts with lot #1, then goes to lot #2, then lot #3, etc starting at 8PM EST on Tuesday March 3rd.

You can view the auction as it closes, or leave a bid and let Liveauctioneers place it for you automatically which is suggested. I have no access to your bid amounts or to who is bidding.

GaryPassamonte
03-01-2020, 06:53 AM
Tuesday March 3, Scott. I'm sure you don't want anyone to be confused.

scgaynor
03-01-2020, 04:21 PM
Yes, thanks Gary!

scgaynor
03-03-2020, 05:33 AM
One final bump, auction ends tonight starting at 8PM EST. Thank you for looking.