PDA

View Full Version : Awesome FIND!

LarsenMN
02-15-2020, 07:04 PM
I stopped in a nearby variety store about 10 miles from my home I seen 2 bats haphazardly leaning against a display. I checked the first one and it was a Louisville Slugger I would date to the 1970's and the Autograph was worn so I and was starting to split, so I passed. I picked up the second bat and it had a very old Spaulding Diamond Autograph nomenclature model #200/oil temp with hof player/manager Frankie Frisch signature. I had told my wife this was very old and worth paying the steep $5 price (lol! I was almost thinking about trying to barter an additional 20% but I figured it was only a dollar). The nomenclatures are crisp and the bat is in excellent condition. The logo on the knob is legible and the 34 on the end is still legible. After some research, the bat is dated between 1925-1931 and other examples sell for around $200-$350. I am very happy with the purchase as it was going to be a man cave item regardless of the value. I will pass it down to my son as an heirloom!:) I will be posting some pictures once my camera battery has charged.

jjp3rd
02-15-2020, 07:07 PM
I stopped in a nearby variety store about 10 miles from my home I seen 2 bats haphazardly leaning against a display. I checked the first one and it was a Louisville Slugger I would date to the 1970's and the Autograph was worn so I and was starting to split, so I passed. I picked up the second bat and it had a very old Spaulding Diamond Autograph nomenclature model #200/oil temp with hof player/manager Frankie Frisch signature. I had told my wife this was very old and worth paying the steep $5 price (lol! I was almost thinking about trying to barter an additional 20% but I figured it was only a dollar). The nomenclatures are crisp and the bat is in excellent condition. The logo on the knob is legible and the 34 on the end is still legible. After some research, the bat is dated between 1925-1931 and other examples sell for around $200-$350. I am very happy with the purchase as it was going to be a man cave item regardless of the value. I will pass it down to my son as an heirloom!:) I will be posting some pictures once my camera battery has charged.

Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramram
02-16-2020, 02:51 AM
Nice!

BruceinGa
02-16-2020, 05:32 AM
Example of the right place at the right time!!

T206Collector
02-16-2020, 07:21 AM
That’s a great story — thanks for sharing!

doug.goodman
02-16-2020, 11:27 AM
Nice! Congrats.

JoeDfan
02-16-2020, 11:37 AM
Holy moly!

Leon
02-19-2020, 12:29 PM
Great pickup!!

M.R. Clark Auction
02-22-2020, 07:11 AM
Good story as well