PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on 1933 Goudey Foxx

Gobucsmagic74
02-15-2020, 09:46 AM
Do top/bottom edges concern you at all? Edited to add, both the top and bottom edges look trimmed to me

perezfan
02-15-2020, 11:36 AM
I see what you're saying... especially with regard to the bottom border, and the apparent "bat ear" at bottom-left corner. And a bit more air space than is typical (top to bottom) for SCG gaskets. It might be fine, but I would much rather see the card in person, in order to render a judgement.

If you are shopping, then I would hold off in favor or another. It's not as if others won't surface in this grade. Why commit to a card that will always nag at you with doubts?

midwaylandscaping
02-15-2020, 12:14 PM
I may be alone with this thought but the pic focus/registration of Foxx, magnified in the eBay listing, would make this card a no for me from the get-go.

Gobucsmagic74
02-15-2020, 12:53 PM
The #154’s have a stronger image and outline of Foxx than their #29 counterparts

Aquarian Sports Cards
02-15-2020, 09:31 PM
not enough total border when you add up top and bottom. Left and right borders look fine but let's say they add up to 1/4" the top and bottom borders barely equal half that.

Leon
02-18-2020, 11:03 AM
not enough total border when you add up top and bottom. Left and right borders look fine but let's say they add up to 1/4" the top and bottom borders barely equal half that.

Yeap.,....SGC has made this mistake before with top and bottom tiny borders. No bueno to me. The top or bottom should be bigger on untrimmed ones. Good catch. It is really buyer beware these days.