PDA

View Full Version : W573 and E120 checklist help requested, and identifying a new W573 type

brianp-beme
01-31-2020, 03:34 PM
Most vintage collectors are familiar with the E120 American Caramel set which features 240 photographic cards, with 15 players from each of the 16 MLB teams in the early 1920's, when the set was issued. The American League players were issued with sepia tinting, while the National League cards were printed with green tinting. The cards are machine cut and were printed on lighter paper, and contain a team checklist on the back corresponding to the team of the player shown on front. E120 cards are commonly found and relatively popular with collectors, and the checklist has probably been set in stone at 240 since the time they were issued

Cards that have been commonly referred to as W573 are those that have black and white photos, and are also printed on lighter paper stock. W573 cards have been traditionally perceived to be a strip card issue, and rightfully so, as most appear to be hand cut, and strips of W573 cards are out there. Checklists in catalogs have always duplicated the 240 card size of issue for W573 as seen in E120 set. I will identify this most commonly seen W573 version as Type 1.

Many collectors have also probably seen blank back, lighter paper stock versions of these cards tinted sepia and green, as seen in the E120 American Caramel set. Sometimes these cards are referred to as E120 Blank Back cards, but I believe they are actually another W573 subset, as they usually seem to be found with rough borders, consistent with hand cutting as seen in the more common black and white W573 cards. I will identify these tinted blank back cards as Type 2.

What I haven't ever seen discussed is a third variety of W573 cards. These cards are black and white photos, like what is seen with the commonly encountered W573 cards, but are printed on a much thicker paper and are typically found with consistent machine cuts, and are also wider and taller (a consistent 2-1/4" x 3-3/8") than what is seen in the E120 cards or the other two varieties of W573 cards. They do not appear to be hand cut. This third variety seems to have been totally overlooked in our hobby. I will call these wider, machine cut blank back cards Type 3.

Something that has never been done is to try to identify what W573 cards actually exist, as it is fairly apparent that to anyone that has pursued them that all 240 subjects, as seen in the E120 set, do not exist. Below is first a list of Unconfirmed W573 Type 1 cards, second is Unconfirmed Type 2 cards, and third is the Confirmed Type 3 cards. Check your collections and post any that are not on the list, or contact me by PM. If not sure what the heck you have, post them here and we can try to figure it out.

My suspicion is that all 240 cards as seen in the E120 are NOT available in W573 Type 1, Type 2 or 3, and that there are cards in the E120 set that did not make it into any of the W573 subsets. Your help is appreciated to help expand these lists, for the benefit of mankind, of course.

I have included a scans of Johnny Mostil and Joe Schultz in each type mentioned, with E120 American Caramel on top left, Type 1 W573 on top right, Type 2 W573 on bottom left, and Type 3 W573 on bottom right.

Brian

W573 Type 1 (black and white, thin stock, hand cut) UNCONFIRMED list:

Eddie Ainsmith
Jim Bagby
Walt Barbare
Clyde Barnhart
John Bassler
Will Bayne
Walter Betts
Sammy Bohne
Joe Bush
Leon Cadore
Frank Calloway
Shano Collins
Harry Courtney
Stan Coveleski
Elmer Cox
Sam Crane
Walton Cruise
Jake Daubert
Phil Douglas
Louis Duncan
Jimmy Dykes
Frank Ellerbe
Dana Fillingham
Ollie Fuhrman
Larry Gardner
John Gillespie
Johnny Gooch
John Graney
Tom Griffith
Burleigh Grimes
Charlie Grimm
Joe Harris
Stanley Harris
Charles Hartnett
Bob Hasty
Walter Holke
Wilbur Hubbell
Bernard Hungling
Will Jacobson
Charlie Jamieson
Jimmy Johnston
W.R. Johnston
Bob Jones
Percy Jones
Joe Judge
Ben Karr
Johnny Kelleher
George Kelly
Lee King
Larry Kopf
Marty Krug
Nemo Leibold
Roy Leslie
Dolph Luque
Walter Mails
Al Mamaux
Rube Marquard
Stuffy McInnis
Mike McNally
Hugh McQuillan
Mike Menosky
Bob Meusel
Clyde Milan
George Mogridge
John Mokan
Roy Moore
Hy Myers
Rollene Naylor
Earl Neale
Art Nehf
Joe Oeschger
Ivan Olson
Frank Parkinson
Will Pertica
Jack Peters
Val Picinich
Clark Pittenger
Raymond Powell
Derril Pratt
Jack Quinn
Sam Rice
Eppa Rixey
Edd Roush
Everett Scott
Howard Shanks
Chick Shorten
Earl Smith - Washington
Elmer Smith
Sherrod Smith
Colonel Snover
Frank Snyder
Billy Southworth
Arnold Statz
Amos Strunk
Fred Toney
Pie Traynor
Elam Vanglider
Clarence Walker
Curtis Walker
Al Walters
Bill Wambsganss
Aaron Ward
Frank Welch
Ivy Wingo
Smoky Joe Wood
Everett Yaryan

W573 Type 2 (sepia or green tint, light paper stock, hand cut) UNCONFIRMED list:

Previously unconfirmed cards that have been confirmed since creating list - Tom Griffith, Sherrod Smith

Babe Adams
Vic Aldridge
Grover C. Alexander
Jim Bagby
Home Run Baker
Dave Bancroft
Jesse Barnes
Clyde Barnhart
Lu Blue
George Burns - Boston
George Burns - Cincinnati
Leon Cadore
Frank Calloway
Max Carey
Jimmy Caveney
Ty Cobb
Bert Cole
Eddie Collins
Wilbur Cooper
Harry Courtney
Stan Coveleski
Sam Crane
Bill Cunningham
George Cutshaw
Jake Daubert
George Dauss
Bill Doak
Pete Donohue
Joe Dugan
Louis Duncan
Howard Ehmke
Frank Ellerbe
Bib Falk
Dana Fillingham
Art Fletcher
Jack Fournier
Ollie Fuhrman
Chick Galloway
Larry Gardner
Walter Gerber
Charles Glazner
Johnny Gooch
Goose Goslin
Hank Gowdy
John Graney
Burleigh Grimes
Oscar Grimes
Charlie Grimm
Heinie Groh
Jesse Haines
Earl Hamilton
Gene Hargrave
Bryan Harris
Joe Harris
Bob Hasty
Harry Heilmann
Walter Henline
Clarence Hodge
Walter Holke
Harry Hooper
Rogers Hornsby
Waite Hoyt
Will Jacobson
Charlie Jamieson
Ernie Johnson
Walter Johnson
Jimmy Johnston
Bob Jones
Percy Jones
Sam Jones
Ben Karr
Johnny Kelleher
Lee King
Larry Kopf
Marty Krug
Johnny Lavan
Nemo Leibold
George Leverette
Dolph Luque
Al Mamaux
Rabbit Maranville
Rube Marquard
Carl Mays
Hervey McClellan
Stuffy McInnis
Marty McManus
Mike McNally
Lee Meadows
Mike Menosky
Bob Meusel
Elmer Meyers
Clyde Milan
Bing Miller
Elmer Miller
Hack Miller
Clarence Mitchell
John Morrison
Hy Myers
Earl Neale
Leslie Nunamaker
Joe Oeschger
Bob O’Farrell
George O’Neil
Steve O’Neill
Cy Perkins
Tom Phillips
Herman Pillette
Ralph Pinelli
Wally Pipp
Clark Pittenger
Raymond Powell
Derril Pratt
Jack Quinn
Joe Rapp
Jimmy Ring
Eppa Rixey
Charles Robertson
Ed Rommel
Eddie Roush
Muddy Ruel
Babe Ruth
Wallie Schang
Ray Schmandt
Walter Schmidt
Hank Severeid
Joe Sewell
Howard Shanks
Bob Shawkey
Ralph Shinners
George Sisler
Earl Smith - New York
Earl Smith - Washington
Elmer Smith
Jack Smith
Allen Sothoron
Billy Southworth
Tris Speaker
Arnold Statz
Milton Stock
Jim Tierney
John Tobin
Pie Traynor
George Uhle
Curtis Walker
Al Walters
Bill Wambsganss
Aaron Ward
John Watson
Zack Wheat
Cy Williams
Kenneth Williams
Ivy Wingo
Smoky Joe Wood

W573 Type 3 (black and white, heavy paper stock, machine cut, wider) CONFIRMED list:

Confirmed since list created: Wilbur Cooper, Eppa Rixey, Babe Ruth, Tom Zachary

Vic Aldridge
Dave Bancroft
Jesse Barnes
John Bassler
George Burns – Boston
Wilbur Cooper
Stan Coveleskie
Albert DeVormer
Red Faber
Bib Falk
Chick Galloway
Goose Goslin
Hank Gowdy
Joe Hauser
George Kelly
George Leverette
Rabbit Maranville
Rube Marquard
Marty McManus
George Mogridge
John Morrison
Johnny Mostil
Joe Oeschger
Bob O'Farrell
Frank Parkinson
Cy Perkins
Ralph Pinelli
Wally Pipp
Raymond Powell
Jack Quinn
Emory Rigney
Eppa Rixey
Eddie Roush
Babe Ruth
Joe Schultz
Joe Sewell
Bob Shawkey
Earl Smith - New York
Arnold Statz
Milton Stock
George Uhle
Bill Wambsganss
Aaron Ward
Cy Williams
Tom Zachary

buymycards
01-31-2020, 04:05 PM
It is interesting that some of these cards are so scarce. It seems like many are generally easy to find, but the fact that no one seems to have put together a full set means that there are some scarce cards in these 3 sets.

My interest lies in the Type 2's. All 3 of the known Cafe Du Monde cards, all Pittsburgh players, are in the Type 2 set, but none of them are in the Type 1 or Type 3 sets. These players are Carey, Cooper, and Glazner.

It looks like some of the players, such as Bassler, appear in all 3 types, while other players only appear in one type.

This will be a fun thread to keep an eye on.

Rick

GeoPoto
02-01-2020, 02:30 AM
Is Zachary on either list?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200201/9e7e0d4fa967276909bab9426b4b2a6e.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Steve L
02-01-2020, 07:00 AM
Neither PSA nor SGC have labeled a card as a Daubert W573 card. PSA graded the Daubert W573 type 2 card as E120 Blank Back which I own. This card may have been the card in the 2007 Higgins and Scott Auction ungraded and sold as a W573 card (the auction picture shows it as a type 2 card). I've never seen a Daubert W573 type I or III card. Is it possible that your unconfirmed list of W573 type I cards is from cards sold as mixed W573 types? If someone has a Daubert W573 type I card, I'd love to know that it exists. Thanks

rgpete
02-01-2020, 07:48 AM
Here is my uncut strip 5 New York Nationals with Bancroft and 5 Chicago Americans with Eddie Collins and Schalk The list of W573 is listed with the E120 American Caramel & Associated Sets in " The Encyclopedia of Baseball Cards, Vol 2 Early Gum & Candy Cards" by Lew Lipset 1984
New York Players Heine Groh, Jesse Barnes Emil (Irish) Meusel, Earl Smith and Dave (Beauty) Bancroft Chicago Players Johnny Mostil, Bib Falk, Ray Schalk, Eddie Collins and Earl Sheely

tkd
02-01-2020, 09:22 AM
Interesting all the w573 strips I've seen like the one shown above have narrow left to right borders. Has anyone seen the vertical strip type with thick/wide left to right borders?

SMPEP
02-01-2020, 09:27 AM
Hi Brian,

The E120 American Caramels have a very similar appearance to the nonsports E123 American Caramels movie star set. The E123s are also believed to have 2 types - ones with an American caramel back and one than is blank backed.

Personally, I think the information on the E123s is incorrect. I once acquired a large lot of E123s with the American Caramel back - and why it might be relevant here - a large number of these cards had the fronts and backs separate. There was one card with a ripped corner that had separated so it is obvious to me that this had once been an unseparated card.

Oh, and I should mention, you wouldn't believe how cleanly these cards separated. Both the front and backs were so clean that I would have thought these cards were made separately - instead of obviously splitting apart.

Based on this lot - I am convinced that there were not 2 types of the E123s - just one type that splits cleanly over time.

I have NO IDEA if the E120s are similar, but I thought you might wish to know this.

Cheers,
Patrick

Leon
02-03-2020, 10:22 AM
From experience with other vintage issues, I didn't think the font type on the originally posted card was an absolute tell. Not saying it was ever taken or spoken that way, but that was my thought from initially seeing it. Fun stuff for vintage card nerds
BTW, One of the first of the different fonts, from, the same series, I looked into were some varieties of e94 overprints.

Hi Brian,

The E120 American Caramels have a very similar appearance to the nonsports E123 American Caramels movie star set. The E123s are also believed to have 2 types - ones with an American caramel back and one than is blank backed.

Personally, I think the information on the E123s is incorrect. I once acquired a large lot of E123s with the American Caramel back - and why it might be relevant here - a large number of these cards had the fronts and backs separate. There was one card with a ripped corner that had separated so it is obvious to me that this had once been an unseparated card.

Oh, and I should mention, you wouldn't believe how cleanly these cards separated. Both the front and backs were so clean that I would have thought these cards were made separately - instead of obviously splitting apart.

Based on this lot - I am convinced that there were not 2 types of the E123s - just one type that splits cleanly over time.

I have NO IDEA if the E120s are similar, but I thought you might wish to know this.

Cheers,
Patrick

brianp-beme
02-03-2020, 05:50 PM
It is interesting that some of these cards are so scarce. It seems like many are generally easy to find, but the fact that no one seems to have put together a full set means that there are some scarce cards in these 3 sets.

My interest lies in the Type 2's. All 3 of the known Cafe Du Monde cards, all Pittsburgh players, are in the Type 2 set, but none of them are in the Type 1 or Type 3 sets. These players are Carey, Cooper, and Glazner.

It looks like some of the players, such as Bassler, appear in all 3 types, while other players only appear in one type.

This will be a fun thread to keep an eye on.

Rick

Hi Rick, just had the chance to respond to your post. The Carey and Glazner cards are only currently confirmed in the Type 1. the Cooper in Type 1 and Type 3 (I am updating that list right now...he got left off). All three are UNCONFIRMED in Type 2.

Since the Cafe Du Monde cards are all Pirates, it would be interesting to see if any pattern emerges. Currently for the Pirates all but Barnhart, Gooch, Grimm, Mokan and Traynor have been seen in Type 1, while only Bigbee, and Mokan have been seen in Type 2, and only Cooper, Maranville and Morrison have been seen in Type 3.

Brian

brianp-beme
02-03-2020, 06:47 PM
Is Zachary on either list?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200201/9e7e0d4fa967276909bab9426b4b2a6e.jpg

Thanks for posting. To me that looks like a Type 1, and the Zachary has already been confirmed for Type 1.

Brian

brianp-beme
02-03-2020, 07:13 PM
Neither PSA nor SGC have labeled a card as a Daubert W573 card. PSA graded the Daubert W573 type 2 card as E120 Blank Back which I own. This card may have been the card in the 2007 Higgins and Scott Auction ungraded and sold as a W573 card (the auction picture shows it as a type 2 card). I've never seen a Daubert W573 type I or III card. Is it possible that your unconfirmed list of W573 type I cards is from cards sold as mixed W573 types? If someone has a Daubert W573 type I card, I'd love to know that it exists. Thanks

Daubert is a card that has been unconfirmed on all 3 lists. For the purposes of my list I will accept any Type 2 cards that have been identified by a grading company as E120, as long as they appear to be machine cut and regular size. Does your graded Daubert appear regular size and machine cut, or a little narrow and hand cut? If the latter, I will remove it from the Unconfirmed Type 2 list.

I have not been able distinguish a thickness difference between a regular E120 card and a W573 Type 1, so unless it looks machine cut and regular size, I would assume it to be a W573. My eventual plan is to check graded cards online to identify any Type 2 or Type 3 cards out there, since all are labeled simply as W573.

A fair amount of the lists were created from my collection...I like neglected sets of cards.

Brian

brianp-beme
02-03-2020, 07:15 PM
Interesting all the w573 strips I've seen like the one shown above have narrow left to right borders. Has anyone seen the vertical strip type with thick/wide left to right borders?

Good question. My memory tells me all the strips I have seen have narrow L/R borders, like the one posted. Definitely nothing like the width of the Type 3 cards I posted in the original post.

Brian

brianp-beme
02-03-2020, 07:21 PM
Hi Brian,

Cheers,
Patrick

Interesting points Patrick. I had an E120 card that I at one time soaked because of scrapbook paper that also separated cleanly into front and back layers, and the sides that were once attached together came out very smooth and clean. The end result as you can imagine was very thin on each side, basically half the thickness of an E120 (or the comparably thick W573 Type 1 card).

Brian

brianp-beme
02-03-2020, 07:37 PM
Here is my uncut strip 5 New York Nationals with Bancroft and 5 Chicago Americans with Eddie Collins and Schalk The list of W573 is listed with the E120 American Caramel & Associated Sets in " The Encyclopedia of Baseball Cards, Vol 2 Early Gum & Candy Cards" by Lew Lipset 1984
New York Players Heine Groh, Jesse Barnes Emil (Irish) Meusel, Earl Smith and Dave (Beauty) Bancroft Chicago Players Johnny Mostil, Bib Falk, Ray Schalk, Eddie Collins and Earl Sheely

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I only remember seeing uncut W573 strips like the one you posted, which are narrow L/R, thus being a Type 1. All of the cards on that strip have been confirmed on the Type 1 list. New York Giants and Chicago White Sox are a couple of the teams that the vast majority of the 15 possible subjects have been confirmed.

Below is a run down of how many confirmed subjects each team has as seen in Type 1:

Boston Red Sox - 5
Chicago White Sox - 12
Cleveland Indians - 6
Detroit Tigers - 13
New York Yankees - 10
Philadelphia Athletics - 6
St. Louis Browns - 10
Washinton Senators - 6

Boston Braves - 5
Brooklyn Dodgers - 5
Chicago Cubs - 10
Cincinnati Reds - 6
New York Giants - 10
Philadelphia Phillies - 7
Pittsburgh Pirates - 10
St. Louis Cardinals - 13

Brian (my posting fury is over...everyone else is free to post)

brianp-beme
02-04-2020, 11:33 AM

Found this W573 Zachary Type 3 on the internet, as well as this Ruth. Note the machine cut look and sizing differences between this Zachary and the one posted earlier. It would be great to break into the slabs and view the thickness, but both of these look exactly like the Type 3 cards.

They have been added to the Type 3 list as confirmed.

nolemmings
02-04-2020, 12:42 PM
Here's mine:
https://photos.imageevent.com/imoverhere/prewar/various/large/22w573rixey.jpg

brianp-beme
02-04-2020, 12:49 PM
Thanks Todd...Rixey has been added to the Type 3 confirmed list. And nice card.

Brian

Leon
02-07-2020, 02:41 PM
Here's mine:
https://photos.imageevent.com/imoverhere/prewar/various/large/22w573rixey.jpg

That is great looking, almost like it wasn't hand cut. Yet they and other TPGs put hand cut on cards that weren't. Go figure.

brianp-beme
02-07-2020, 09:01 PM
That is great looking, almost like it wasn't hand cut. Yet they and other TPGs put hand cut on cards that weren't. Go figure.

All the Type 3 cards I have seen, besides one which was obviously cut down, appear to be machine cut, are a larger size (both aspects fairly obvious in the scan of Todd's Rixey card) and are at least twice the thickness of the other two types of W573, as well as E120 cards, for that matter.

I am surprised that I have never seen any mention of these 'different' W573 cards before. Just shows you how little regard collectors have had toward W573 cards, and strip cards in general, that this fairly significant difference was not previously reported before.

Brian

DaveW
02-07-2020, 10:32 PM
Hi Brian,
I have several that aren’t on your lists, but I’m confused. Here’s a picture of 4 cards with thick borders but obviously hand cut. All have blank backs and are on the normal thin stock. I guess they are Type 1 with thicker borders?
- Dave

brianp-beme
02-08-2020, 12:37 AM
Hi Dave, I would consider those Type 1 cards because of their thin stock and the fact that they are hand cut. Type 1 cards are seen with slightly wider borders...check out the Type 1 Joe Schultz on the top right of the scan I included in the original post.

Brian

brianp-beme
02-08-2020, 01:17 AM
The four W573 cards that are shown in your scan are Type 1 cards. The list I provided for Type 1 is an Unconfirmed list, and each of those cards is not on the list, so they have already been confirmed. Thanks for posting and helping me provide everyone with some more clarifying information.

Brian

DaveW
02-08-2020, 09:32 AM
Now I get it! To get your Unconfirmed list, you took the 240 cards in the E120 set and subtracted out the known cards in the W573 set, leaving about 100 cards that you would like to confirm as being in both sets. Sorry, some days I’m a little slow. Anyway, I have a dozen or so W573 cards, but none are on your unconfirmed list. Good luck. It seems like an interesting research project but I suspect it will be slow going.
- Dave

brianp-beme
02-08-2020, 08:05 PM
Hi Dave, that is exactly how I created the lists, except for Type 3, since so relatively few I have seen, I decided to just identify the Confirmed examples.

Here is another showing examples of each type, with Type 1 on top row, Type 2 in middle row, and Type 3 on bottom row.

Brian

Leon
02-10-2020, 04:29 PM
W573s get no respect. And some w573s I no longer own.

https://luckeycards.com/pw573masterfinal3x.jpg

All the Type 3 cards I have seen, besides one which was obviously cut down, appear to be machine cut, are a larger size (both aspects fairly obvious in the scan of Todd's Rixey card) and are at least twice the thickness of the other two types of W573, as well as E120 cards, for that matter.

I am surprised that I have never seen any mention of these 'different' W573 cards before. Just shows you how little regard collectors have had toward W573 cards, and strip cards in general, that this fairly significant difference was not previously reported before.

Brian

brianp-beme
02-11-2020, 01:34 PM
Nice cards you used to own Leon. I guess they would be considered W573...

Brian

brianp-beme
02-11-2020, 02:28 PM
I started a separate thread for this topic, but I thought it deserved to be on this thread too.

Brian

The W573 set has always been identified as a 1922 issue, but the Type 3 card of Al DeVormer shown below conclusively points to a 1923 issue date for Type 3 cards, as Al was traded from the Yankees to the Red Sox on January 3rd, 1923. By the way, 1923 was the final major league year for DeVormer until 1927, when he played for the New York Giants (and thankfully the card designates this info in pencil on the front for everyone to see and reflect upon).

Just another cool aspect about these W573 sets, and I guess it could matter to the rookie collectors out there. For example Goose Goslin's rookie cards are considered to be in the 1922 E120 American Caramel and the W573 set. Goose has been confirmed in W573 Type 1 and Type 3, but only his Type 1 card would be issued in the same year as his E120, and Type 3 would have been issued the next year. Gabby Hartnett has his first cards in the W573 Type 2 and 1922 E120 American Caramel sets, but if his Type 3 card were to ever surface, it would have to be considered to be issued in the following year, and thus not officially a rookie card. And the same goes for Pie Traynor (whose has a single W573 card showing up in the SGC Pop report, but without an image I can't designate which Type it is, so he currently remains unconfirmed in all 3 W573 Types ).

Shown below is the Al DeVormer W573 Type 1 and W573 Type 3. Note the updated Boston team designation on the Type 3 card.

Leon
02-14-2020, 03:23 PM
Nice cards you used to own Leon. I guess they would be considered W573...

Brian

I believe I used W573/F-Unc (for food), W573/H-unc (general ad), W573/D-unc (dairy and baking). I use the same system with some other issues too. Whatever makes sense to ya', right?

So for this set of Fatima blank back postcards I use T-unc/Pc-unc :)

https://luckeycards.com/pinkcollins.jpg

tkd
02-14-2020, 09:57 PM
Has anyone noticed the Ruth type 3 seem to all have print spots/dots? I don't recall seeing a type 3 Ruth without those.

brianp-beme
02-16-2020, 08:42 PM
The two Ruth Type 3 cards I have seen (both recently on the internet) seem to have print dots.

Brian

buymycards
08-07-2021, 08:01 AM
Hi Rick, just had the chance to respond to your post. The Carey and Glazner cards are only currently confirmed in the Type 1. the Cooper in Type 1 and Type 3 (I am updating that list right now...he got left off). All three are UNCONFIRMED in Type 2.

Since the Cafe Du Monde cards are all Pirates, it would be interesting to see if any pattern emerges. Currently for the Pirates all but Barnhart, Gooch, Grimm, Mokan and Traynor have been seen in Type 1, while only Bigbee, and Mokan have been seen in Type 2, and only Cooper, Maranville and Morrison have been seen in Type 3.

Brian

Here is another Cafe Du Monde that has surfaced. This is the first one that I know of that isn't a Pittsburgh player.

brianp-beme
08-07-2021, 03:55 PM
Thanks Rick for pointing out the Walter Johnson CDM (as some like to shorten it). Fun to see a non-Pirates card pop up.

Brian

robinsonmantle
06-03-2023, 11:59 AM
Thank you for all the great insight and information about E120 vs W573 cards. I have two cards but not sure which category of W573s they fall into as I did not see them listed in type 1 or type 3

https://www.flickr.com/photos/198477562@N06/albums/72177720308787942

brianp-beme
06-03-2023, 01:36 PM
Thank you for all the great insight and information about E120 vs W573 cards. I have two cards but not sure which category of W573s they fall into as I did not see them listed in type 1 or type 3

https://www.flickr.com/photos/198477562@N06/albums/72177720308787942

They appear to be W573 type 1 cards. The Type 1 I included in the thread was for Unconfirmed cards, and both of the cards you showed have already been confirmed.

Brian