PDA

View Full Version : My T206 Frank Chance double ghost image card

trapperlad
01-20-2020, 08:27 PM
Hi all T206 collectors,
I am wondering if anyone has seen a double ghost image on the front of a card like this. I purchased this a few years ago and have never posted it. It has a Hal Chase ghost image on left and Frank Chance ghost image on right side of Frank Chance. When I had this graded SGC said it was a rare card. Would anyone know a fair value. Also, the card is crease and wrinkle free. It would be a 4 VG/Ex but is has a small amount of paper adhered on front from other card .
Thanks, Tony

swarmee
01-21-2020, 03:55 AM
Dang; that's cool. It's like his good conscience is on one shoulder, and the bad conscience is on the other...
mrvster should be by soon to give you an opinion on the value. Freaks seem to be down a little in the market right now, as far as I know, but I would easily guess in the thousands area.

Luke
01-21-2020, 01:02 PM
Very cool. Any chance you can get a good photo of it? I'd like to see the front and back.

I've had a few over the years, but they are pretty rare. Here are Hoblitzell-Fromme and McLean-Evans.

Aquarian Sports Cards
01-21-2020, 03:17 PM
Three portraits is beyond cool.

Sean
01-21-2020, 03:28 PM
The image to the left doesn't look like Chance to me. What do the rest of you think?

sb1
01-21-2020, 03:40 PM
It's Hal Chase....Blue Portrait to be specific

JeremyW
01-21-2020, 03:48 PM
Certainly Chance.

brianp-beme
01-21-2020, 05:07 PM
This is what happens if you Chase after a 2nd Chance.

Brian

rdwyer
01-21-2020, 05:26 PM
Spooky!

Rhotchkiss
01-21-2020, 06:32 PM

+1 Chase.

Very cool card.

RedsFan1941
01-21-2020, 06:35 PM

agree. chase. cool card.

T206Collector
01-21-2020, 08:53 PM
agree. chase. cool card.

Two Super Prints on one card. Nice!

T205 GB
01-22-2020, 06:51 AM
This is what happens if you Chase after a 2nd Chance.

Brian

LOL. Nice pun.

trapperlad
01-22-2020, 12:26 PM
Here is a picture of the card before grading.

Tony

Hi all T206 collectors,
I am wondering if anyone has seen a double ghost image on the front of a card like this. I purchased this a few years ago and have never posted it. It has a Hal Chase ghost image on left and Frank Chance ghost image on right side of Frank Chance. When I had this graded SGC said it was a rare card. Would anyone know a fair value. Also, the card is crease and wrinkle free. It would be a 4 VG/Ex but is has a small amount of paper adhered on front from other card .
Thanks, Tony

Jobu
01-22-2020, 03:06 PM
Any idea what the blue is over the caption?

nineunder71
01-22-2020, 03:23 PM
Tony,
Are you replying to private messages? Did you get mine? Do you have another preferred method of contact? Thanks, hope to talk soon,

Colton

trapperlad
01-22-2020, 06:31 PM
HI, I think the blue over the word Chance is from the Hal Chase Portrait card that is the image on the left of Frank Chance. Thanks, Tony

mrvster
01-22-2020, 07:00 PM
I am so sorry i haven' t been on the board lately... been crazy lately at my end!

miss it so much!!

hope to return soon more actively....

sweet chase ghoster! and chance......good 'ol days when sgc had some nuts and slabbed ghosties accordingly....:D

(still love sgc) , but c'mon grading companies UGH:eek:

that's a whole thread there:):)

anyway.....beauty is in the eye of the beholder......

snowflakes are rare and unique each card unto itself (scrapwise since there were hand cut and each one varies to the next, hence "snowflake" term i use).....this is not a "snowflake" since , more than likely, there were others exactly like this one cut and distributed in packs.....still a sweet factory ghostie....

error/scrap market a little weak right now, but that should bounce back as they become recognized and market grows.....dramatic ones/unique ones/ multi stuck ect are actually quite strong right now, and those will continue to grow, i have some sick ones left:D ....

these are factory ghosties (card shown here) ....they usually go $500-$1200 depends on subject matter....

good guess at a grand, but auctions will give true demand, depends on venue:D.... i hate putting a value on these, just too many variables....

a good guess would be $1000 and up ......weak day less.......great day more

John Vanderbeck:)

Jobu
01-23-2020, 06:43 AM
I think it is something else bc the light grey layer that makes the ghosts is pretty well centered vertically and is just way off horizontally. The Chase card has a ton of blue so it wouldn't be that bc it would be all over the place.

HI, I think the blue over the word Chance is from the Hal Chase Portrait card that is the image on the left of Frank Chance. Thanks, Tony

Leon
01-24-2020, 07:53 AM
That is a great looking card. Very interesting.
As for value, I think it has to go to auction to really know since it is unique.

Hi all T206 collectors,
Thanks, Tony

irishdenny
01-24-2020, 05:08 PM
This card is So Unique, that i finally agree wit Mr. Luckey :D

$1200 would be my Starting Point... Jus Sayin' ~

PS in Fact, i do believe at times that Collector to Collector Works Well Also...
if a board member offer'd me more than what i thought was reasonable, Well than we Both Would Be Happy!