PDA

View Full Version : Peeling Off the Front of a T206

robw1959
01-17-2020, 07:12 PM
There are some who can easily peel off the entire front of a T206 card and thereby swap a common back for an uncommon one. Does anybody know what the tell-tale signs of such an alteration would be? For instance, might there be some chemical scent if it had been done recently? I actually have no idea how it's even done, so I'm just fishing for ideas at this point and trying to avoid any obvious pitfalls. Thanks.

steve B
01-18-2020, 02:45 PM
Lumpiness, trimming, an obvious seam when viewed from the side. Just for starters.

Creases that don't match up, if it's a bad one, there should be visible damage on both sides. Of course, the crease itself could be recent and there to hide a flaw created by the rebacking.

The first check is if it's a possible combination. If it's not, that's usually it right there. (There are some recent discoveries of unknown cards that could be mistaken for rebacked, like a card that should be 150 only, but a P350 was found)

Unfortunately rebacking isn't generally something the unskilled get into. So they might be harder to detect than other alterations.

robw1959
01-18-2020, 04:27 PM
I get it for the most part, but I'm not sure why the backs would be damaged at all if, say, the fronts of two T206 cards were both peeled off and re-affixed to opposite backs. But thanks.