PDA

View Full Version : Effing mail...

jchcollins
01-14-2020, 02:42 PM
So today for the second time since shortly before the holidays, it would appear that some combination of the USPS and my office mailroom have lost some cards for me again. This time I’m out about $140. [emoji35]

Classic case of the scan shows the package delivered, but my mailroom doesn’t have it. Each entity now pointing fingers at each other.

For what it is worth, cards from now on will go directly to my home address, where I can skip the middleman. Actually I won’t, but she will only ask a lot of questions and give me grief rather than actually making my cards disappear...

Oy vey. Hope the rest of you are having a happy Tuesday...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The-Cardfather
01-14-2020, 06:29 PM
Oy vey; you're quite the shlimazel!

It could be that you have a paskudneh thief working in your company's mail room.

Be a yiddisher kop and spend a few dollars for a P.O. Box, so "she" won't see what your getting in the mail.

(I learned the Yiddish words from Hymen Roth.)

jchcollins
01-14-2020, 07:10 PM

It could be that you have a paskudneh thief working in your company's mail room.

Be a yiddisher kop and spend a few dollars for a P.O. Box, so "she" won't see what your getting in the mail.

Thanks for an honest laugh on an otherwise crappy day! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrmopar
01-14-2020, 10:35 PM
I have had a few packages show up after they were scanned as delivered, at my work. It doesn't happen a lot, but a few times it has. Maybe hope that this is the case for you.

I can recall 2 packages that were "delivered" at work that actually disappeared. They were at 2 separate addresses (same company, but different staff). I don't think it was anyone I worked with that took them. Luckily both were pretty minor, low $ stuff. I don't think I cared much about 1 package and think it might have had a couple of low $ auto'd cards. The other was an irritation, because it was an impulse buy, but a sweet deal on a lot of 4 Kenner Starting Line-Ups, one just happened to be the Chipper Jones first piece that used to be valued in the $100+ range. I had tried to find one back in 1996, but always lost out to the "pros" that seemed to be able to beat everyone to the SLUs in the stores, week after week. I think I paid less than a buck per figure, but the shipping was almost $20! So mad when that showed delivered, while I was on vacation, yet it was the only package of the bunch that was not there when I got back and was easily the largest and hardest to lose/misplace/miss!

jchcollins
01-15-2020, 07:40 AM
I am also going to go the refund / disputed transaction route with eBay / PayPal if it doesn’t show by Monday, despite the fact that the tracking shows delivered. Stranger things have happened. They should not punish the seller, who did nothing wrong - but at the end of the day I don’t have my package and I’m finding it hard to just let that go without a fight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Volod
01-15-2020, 04:55 PM

Funny, that was the likely theft issue that occurred to me, as well, but "Поскудник" I don't believe is actually Yiddish. My Ukrainian grandmother used to call me that as she swatted my hand out of her cookie fixings. In that language, it means generally a miscreant, but many words were borrowed from different languages in eastern Europe, so it probably found its way into Yiddish, as well. :)

cardsagain74
01-15-2020, 09:42 PM
I've had three USPS deliveries disappear in the last three months. Two mailman errors (which luckily ended up with me, one after a few hours cause of an honest neighbor who got it, and the other after a few days after an honest stranger elsewhere in the city must've immediately returned it). Both times it was one of my bigger $ orders, naturally, but at least that made me more diligent to resolve it

Then 20 bucks worth of cardsavers went into the abyss for almost a month. Much less stressful and shrugworthy. They showed up today out of the blue.

I send you some of my lucky lost pkg vibes

jchcollins
01-16-2020, 08:39 AM
I send you some of my lucky lost pkg vibes

Thanks, I need it. Right now my mailroom could care less, and the post office isn’t returning my calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk