PDA

View Full Version : Shaw Collection Bidding Has Started!!

M.R. Clark Auction
01-10-2020, 08:07 AM
Bidding has started on our Shaw Collection Card and Memorabilia auction.
Click on the M.R. Clark banner at the top of this page that Leon made for us and check it out!
Lots of good feedback so far.
Thanks guys!!

Leon
01-10-2020, 08:25 AM
Good luck, Mike. Your set up is a bit different and the first lot to bid on is Lot number 5. Just so folks know......
Thanks for allowing Net54baseball to help spread the word. Advertising works (says the guy who sells advertising. :))

pokerplyr80
01-10-2020, 09:15 AM
Mentioning a few specific auction highlights in this thread might get more members to click the banner ad.

Leon
01-10-2020, 09:23 AM
Mentioning a few specific auction highlights in this thread might get more members to click the banner ad.

Would this help any?

pokerplyr80
01-10-2020, 10:11 AM
It doesn't hurt. That got me to click.

pawpawdiv9
01-10-2020, 12:31 PM
I just noticed this-- but it shows the high bidder's name.
Very interesting to know that!!!!!!

x2drich2000
01-10-2020, 12:37 PM

You can actually look at the bidding history and see the username of every bidder! :eek:

bnorth
01-10-2020, 12:39 PM

It's not a name but their bidder ID. They also show bidding history. Both are HUGE +s in my book. Sadly nothing in the auction I am looking for but I wish you the best of luck and WILL definately be on the watch for their future auctions.

buymycards
01-10-2020, 12:54 PM
That looks like a nice auction. Front and back scans, low shipping charges, 10% BP, and what I especially like, the auctions start to end at 6 pm Central, with a 2 minute extended bidding period.

Nice job!

RedsFan1941
01-10-2020, 01:32 PM
That looks like a nice auction. Front and back scans, low shipping charges, 10% BP, and what I especially like, the auctions start to end at 6 pm Central, with a 2 minute extended bidding period.

Nice job!

@aaronrothschild, @crazyuncle

buymycards
01-10-2020, 02:23 PM
@aaronrothschild, @crazyuncle

Hi Ronnie, I'm not sure what that means. :)

Leon
01-10-2020, 02:32 PM
Hi Ronnie, I'm not sure what that means. :)

He is being his usual snarky self, that is all.

hcv123
01-10-2020, 04:54 PM
You can actually look at the bidding history and see the username of every bidder! :eek:

One way to watch for shilling!

M.R. Clark Auction
01-10-2020, 05:18 PM
Guys I appreciate the kind words about our Shaw auction. You will find us to be 100% honest and upfront. In this area I feel we only have one chance to make a good impression with buyers. I’m sure we have and will make a few mistakes along the way and you guys and Leon have been very nice in offering input and advice to help us make a better presentation.
If you don’t see what you like here... stick around as we will have at least 3-4 more auctions for this estate. Even if you register and don’t bid, I can notify you about upcoming Card auctions with a push of a button.... gotta love technology!!
Thanks Mike

conor912
01-10-2020, 08:06 PM
Bidding has started on our Shaw Collection Card and Memorabilia auction.
Click on the M.R. Clark banner at the top of this page that Leon made for us and check it out!
Lots of good feedback so far.
Thanks guys!!

You might want to post a link in this thread. I’m lazy, and not the only one :)

brianp-beme
01-11-2020, 11:19 AM
You might want to post a link in this thread. I’m lazy, and not the only one :)

Here is the link, which by the way I created by clicking the banner on the top part of the Net54 page, then right clicking the mouse and clicking 'copy', then right clicking on my post and clicking on 'paste'. I did choose the 100 lots per page option, which is the best way to view this auction.

https://www.apro.bid/auction/1919/bidgallery/perpage_MTAw

Brian (just one tiny step above lazy)

Leon
01-11-2020, 11:36 AM
Here is the link, which by the way I created by clicking the banner on the top part of the Net54 page, then right clicking the mouse and clicking 'copy', then right clicking on my post and clicking on 'paste'. I did choose the 100 lots per page option, which is the best way to view this auction.

https://www.apro.bid/auction/1919/bidgallery/perpage_MTAw

Brian (just one tiny step above lazy)

I am lazy too, so either of the 1 click ways is good with me. Two clicks would be carrying it 1 click too far.

Rhotchkiss
01-11-2020, 01:11 PM
Seeing the bid history is awesome. I wish all auction houses did that, ESPECIALLY the ones who bid on their own auctions or allow for “hidden reserves”.

I think this should be the wave of the future; seems like a simple upgrade in a time of badly needed transparency

x2drich2000
01-11-2020, 01:36 PM
Seeing the bid history is awesome. I wish all auction houses did that, ESPECIALLY the ones who bid on their own auctions or allow for “hidden reserves”.

I think this should be the wave of the future; seems like a simple upgrade in a time of badly needed transparency

I can see both sides of this. Yes transparency is great. Shill bidding sucks. And any auction house that runs up bids with their house account should face the wrath of their customers. But I can also see how people wouldn't want to know what or how much I am bidding. There are a lot of very private people in the hobby who don't want others to know about their collection and would be very turned off if people knew what they were bidding on and how much they are spending. In addition, imagine the impact if people saw "Joe's Card Shop" was willing to pay x for a card and began thinking it must be a good deal if Joe is willing to buy it for that price. Or even if I knew you were looking at a card and I decided to run it up just cause I dislike you.

M.R. Clark Auction
01-11-2020, 01:41 PM
I pride myself on running a straight up and fair honest auction... zero reserves and no shill bidding or BS. If there is one hard and fast rule I’ve learned in the auction business is that an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay.
My auction client understands this as well. Sometimes you take a hit but it all works out in the end.
Thanks for the positive feedback! I can tell you it really means a lot to me.
Mike

Rhotchkiss
01-11-2020, 01:46 PM
DJ- you are assuming that people use their name as a username. You did. But you don’t have to. You can maintain relative anonymity by calling yourself XYZ123 (you get the point).

Aquarian Sports Cards
01-11-2020, 01:48 PM
I can see both sides of this. Yes transparency is great. Shill bidding sucks. And any auction house that runs up bids with their house account should face the wrath of their customers. But I can also see how people wouldn't want to know what or how much I am bidding. There are a lot of very private people in the hobby who don't want others to know about their collection and would be very turned off if people knew what they were bidding on and how much they are spending. In addition, imagine the impact if people saw "Joe's Card Shop" was willing to pay x for a card and began thinking it must be a good deal if Joe is willing to buy it for that price. Or even if I knew you were looking at a card and I decided to run it up just cause I dislike you.

Yup, it's something I struggle with for exactly these reasons. Just because someone wants to be kept private doesn't necessarily mean it's nefarious. Of course at a live auction without absentee bids the point is moot.

Fuddjcal
01-11-2020, 02:12 PM
I pride myself on running a straight up and fair honest auction... zero reserves and no shill bidding or BS. If there is one hard and fast rule I’ve learned in the auction business is that an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay.
My auction client understands this as well. Sometimes you take a hit but it all works out in the end.
Thanks for the positive feedback! I can tell you it really means a lot to me.
Mike

Very much appreciate and like your business model. The Willie Mays 24th HR ball is a little suspect, but what ya gonna do.:p You are already near the top of auction houses in my book (that didn't take long) and move right up to be my second choice when it comes to auctioning off the FUDDJCAL collection. Good luck:)

M.R. Clark Auction
01-11-2020, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the support....
I just took that thing out of a box of other signed balls we have... it has absolutely no documentation and no way to prove Mays actually hit the ball out of Busch stadium. I guess you could trace the date back to the game and might find Mays did hit a homer at the park that night and that inning but no way to prove it. That being said... based on all the collection itself and all the quality things in it, I’d guess the thing is probably legit... but it’s still just a novelty with no proof.
Thanks for the interest!!! Mike

robkas68
01-12-2020, 07:32 AM
According to baseball reference, Mays did hit his 18th home run of 1964 on May 28th in St. Louis. Obviously, that doesn’t prove it’s the ball and the date on the ball is off by one day, but it excuse the pun in the ballpark.