PDA

View Full Version : eBay seller query

cubman1941
01-06-2020, 05:09 AM
Does anyone know eBay seller - ovfb18 - he has lots of vintage cards starting at small prices. His feedback is great and he has been on since 2013 but I have never bought from him before. Thanks.

icurnmedic
01-06-2020, 07:30 AM
I personally wouldn't hesitate if it was something I wanted. I have purchased from Much, Much less established sellers! Besides eBay and PP are going to side w/ the buyer almost every time nowadays.

cubman1941
01-06-2020, 07:43 AM
I personally wouldn't hesitate if it was something I wanted. I have purchased from Much, Much less established sellers! Besides eBay and PP are going to side w/ the buyer almost every time nowadays.

Thanks - I was just curious because his starting prices are so low - maybe a good ploy and a good marketing strategy. Thanks.

TUM301
01-06-2020, 09:09 AM
Bought from this seller a few times with excellent results. had a return about a year or so ago, again no problems. Would not hesitate.

JoeDfan
01-06-2020, 10:41 AM
I have bought from him(?) a few times, and no issues at all.

D. Bergin
01-06-2020, 11:35 AM
Some smaller sellers still actually run "true auctions" on Ebay, even though it's getting more and more difficult to break even on them.

Granted, looking at his "Sold" auctions, he's got quite a bit of loss leaders near the bottom of his list. Nothing wrong with that as long as he's following through on the sales.

Personally, I'd be questioning giving so many fees to Ebay and Paypal, and having to take the time to ship all that stuff out, for negative payout on so many lots.

He's got lots of interesting oddball stuff though.

cubman1941
01-06-2020, 01:12 PM
Bought from this seller a few times with excellent results. had a return about a year or so ago, again no problems. Would not hesitate.

Thanks!!!

cubman1941
01-06-2020, 01:12 PM
I have bought from him(?) a few times, and no issues at all.

Appreciate it, thanks!!

cubman1941
01-06-2020, 01:13 PM
Some smaller sellers still actually run "true auctions" on Ebay, even though it's getting more and more difficult to break even on them.

Granted, looking at his "Sold" auctions, he's got quite a bit of loss leaders near the bottom of his list. Nothing wrong with that as long as he's following through on the sales.

Personally, I'd be questioning giving so many fees to Ebay and Paypal, and having to take the time to ship all that stuff out, for negative payout on so many lots.

He's got lots of interesting oddball stuff though.

The oddball stuff is what I was looking at. I enjoy Cubs oddball stuff!!

Duluth Eskimo
01-06-2020, 07:39 PM
I just bought something from him, but it's in the mail. I have no reason to believe anything is wrong with him. The piece I bought is solid, but it's an autographed item.

wdwfan
01-06-2020, 08:45 PM
I don't think there'd be a problem. Lots of the big vintage sellers start their items low, and they wind up going for quite a bit more than similar items. Besides, as someone else said, eBay sides with the buyer pretty much every time.

cubman1941
01-07-2020, 04:59 AM
Thanks. Appreciate all the great comments. I have several things on watch at present.