PDA

View Full Version : Auction January 6 2020 Open For Bidding Saco River Auction

Saco River Auction
12-31-2019, 12:00 PM
Auction January 6 2020 Open For Bidding Saco River Auction@5PM Portland Elks Lodge Portland Maine Doors open at Noon

Here are the online bidding links:

Saco River Live (https://auctions.sacoriverauction.net/catalog.aspx?auctionid=38)

Invaluable (https://www.invaluable.com/catalog/ezmvxeywzc)

AuctionZip (https://www.auctionzip.com/auction-catalog/January-6-2020-Sports-Cards-and-Memorabilia_EZMVXEYWZC/)

oldjudge
12-31-2019, 11:11 PM
Troy-You might do better for your consignors if you organized the lots a little, instead of having seemingly no order. After two pages I just gave up and stopped looking.

MVSNYC
12-31-2019, 11:37 PM
Why are lots numbered: 25a, 25b, 25c, etc(?)

Regardless, good luck with the auction.

iwantitiwinit
01-01-2020, 05:11 AM
Troy-You might do better for your consignors if you organized the lots a little, instead of having seemingly no order. After two pages I just gave up and stopped looking.

Totally agree I only made it thru one page.

1880nonsports
01-01-2020, 07:10 AM
so I made it through 3 pages. Unwieldy.

RedsFan1941
01-01-2020, 07:14 AM
lol

Aquarian Sports Cards
01-01-2020, 07:52 AM
Why are lots numbered: 25a, 25b, 25c, etc(?)

Regardless, good luck with the auction.

Don't want to speak for Troy, but I know occasionally this happens at our live auction when we get in last minute consignments after the list is created but we don't want to stick the new items at the end, but conversely we don't want to screw up the catalog for those who've already received/downloaded it.

Why don't those of you having trouble getting through the auction use the category menu on the left? Then you can in essence put the auction in any order you like!

MVSNYC
01-01-2020, 10:26 AM
Scott, it appears to be every lot in the auction (if there's 400 lots, they're numbered to 100c...it actually looks like it goes: 12, 12a, 12b, 12c, for some reason).

Aquarian Sports Cards
01-01-2020, 10:58 AM
Scott, it appears to be every lot in the auction (if there's 400 lots, they're numbered to 100c...it actually looks like it goes: 12, 12a, 12b, 12c, for some reason).

I got nuthin'

BeanTown
01-01-2020, 11:03 AM
I made it through the entire auction of 4 pages after I set the page count to 100. The lot numbers are irrelevant to me as I just scroll looking at the images. Now if I was OCD, then ya the lot numbers would bother me, if there was not some kind of ryhme and reason. I will say the website is better than Hunt and like Hunt you can find some great values.

Isn't this Babe Ruth batting which wasn't mentioned in the title?

http://auctions.sacoriverauction.net/Circa_1910_Boston_Red_Sox_Postcard-LOT13495.aspx

Saco River Auction
01-02-2020, 07:10 AM
Thank You all for the feedback as we are always trying to improve our buyers experience. We pride ourselves on having a very diverse sale and something for every category of buyer out there. As far as the numbering system goes, the gentleman from the other auction company is correct. Not all consignments arrive at the same time so things are added periodically in order to build a full complete auction. We then add the lots with a letter designation to fit them into the area of the auction where we think it should be. Some consignors are particular as to where they want to see their items appear, so we work with them on that aspect, but one thing that is very clear is no consignor wants their items at the end of the sale.

It's a juggling act keeping both consignors and buyers happy, but again thank you all for your feedback as we attempt to continue to grow and improve everyone's experience.

Sincerely,

Troy Thibodeau

irv
01-02-2020, 08:25 AM
Thank You all for the feedback as we are always trying to improve our buyers experience. We pride ourselves on having a very diverse sale and something for every category of buyer out there. As far as the numbering system goes, the gentleman from the other auction company is correct. Not all consignments arrive at the same time so things are added periodically in order to build a full complete auction. We then add the lots with a letter designation to fit them into the area of the auction where we think it should be. Some consignors are particular as to where they want to see their items appear, so we work with them on that aspect, but one thing that is very clear is no consignor wants their items at the end of the sale.

It's a juggling act keeping both consignors and buyers happy, but again thank you all for your feedback as we attempt to continue to grow and improve everyone's experience.

Sincerely,

Troy Thibodeau

No intention of piling on, just another suggestion, but you should make your pics/scans bigger other than just the magnification. Personally, I like to see a blown up/bigger pic first before the magnification.

Donscards
01-04-2020, 07:14 AM
Troy--This looks like your best auction ever---I will be there Monday---Guys, if you take the time and go to the middle of the auction, some great lots.

bigfish
01-05-2020, 08:28 AM
I was able to make it through the auction in the same way JC metions above. Selfishly, I hope others don't look through the auction. Hoping to win a few things.

Good luck Troy. Def one of you're best yet.

Leon
01-05-2020, 10:19 AM

You sound like a millenial. :) If you put 100 lots per page as a search it is 3.8 pages. It took me less than 20 minutes to go through it. And it took that long because I had to place my bids. But I guess a few minutes is a lot of time....

ps....thanks for giving up.

bigfish
01-05-2020, 11:45 AM

Jay, I agree with the lay out regarding the lots. Sometimes you have to sift through the Pokémon cards to locate the lot with the N172 Farmer Weaver with pitchfork and tractor.....

Donscards
01-05-2020, 12:05 PM
Jay, I agree with the lay out regarding the lots. Sometimes you have to sift through the Pokémon cards to locate the lot with the N172 Farmer Weaver with pitchfork and tractor.....

Toby---I like that, I think Jay will appreciate it.