PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Opinions on This Card

ejharrington
12-30-2019, 07:03 PM
In particular, the right edge and top right corner.

Thanks,
Eric

Johnny630
12-30-2019, 07:04 PM
I don’t care for the top boarder but what do I know lol

JeremyW
12-30-2019, 07:09 PM
I've heard bad things about bat ears.

Aquarian Sports Cards
12-30-2019, 07:15 PM

Plus the card is a touch short, and the total amount of border top and bottom combined seems light. It's not a rent district I play in, and cards like this make me glad. What depresses me is that someone ruined an amazing 7 which by all rights was probably one of the nicest T206's in existence to make this crap.

ejharrington
12-30-2019, 07:33 PM
I was starting to wonder if I was just so gun shy as a result of the scandal that I was seeing things as I seem to notice this type of stuff more than ever. I showed the card to my wife who has an eagle eye for marks, centering, etc. and she didn't see anything wrong with it even when I pointed out the apparent "bat ears" to her, although she also didn't like the top right corner.

If any good comes out of this scandal, it is that I am a much more discriminating buyer.

I'm not in market for this particular card but there was another card (T204 Ramly) recently up for auction that I had been looking to buy for many years that had the same apparent issue on the top edge. I passed on it and wondered if the scandal was messing with my head, especially when it sold at a very high price. Now I'm glad I passed.

Fred
12-30-2019, 08:05 PM
I looked at the picture of the card before reading the post and the first thing that caught my eye was the upper right corner. I guess it's the same thing you must have saw and others probably see.

You gotta love those borders!

rgpete
01-01-2020, 11:36 AM
Top edge and the Bat Ear

JoeDfan
01-01-2020, 12:46 PM
I am no expert, but once I got an old card back from SGC that said evidence of trimming.
I couldn't see it, so I took some photos under the microscope of the questionable edge, and then one of the "normal" edges, and I could, in fact, see a clear difference in the cut right on the edge.

That is in no way scientific, and I have no idea if it works all the time, but perhaps you could try that?
My microscope was just one of those ten dollar ones you get on ebay, but it worked really well with my cell phone camera.

T205 GB
01-03-2020, 11:36 AM
I am no expert, but once I got an old card back from SGC that said evidence of trimming.
I couldn't see it, so I took some photos under the microscope of the questionable edge, and then one of the "normal" edges, and I could, in fact, see a clear difference in the cut right on the edge.

That is in no way scientific, and I have no idea if it works all the time, but perhaps you could try that?
My microscope was just one of those ten dollar ones you get on ebay, but it worked really well with my cell phone camera.

That is exactly how to tell. You did it right.

bnorth
01-03-2020, 11:48 AM
That is exactly how to tell. You did it right.

Mr JoeDfan is a expert he is just humble.:)

ALBB
01-03-2020, 03:42 PM
like ears and bats

Exhibitman
01-04-2020, 07:30 AM
Nope. No way. Trimmed on top and on the right side too IMO.

Leon
01-07-2020, 09:25 AM
We need to be careful with high grade cards :).

darwinbulldog
01-07-2020, 12:16 PM
Top border almost certainly trimmed. Right border I don't see any clear evidence.

BigBeerGut
01-07-2020, 06:06 PM
Pretty!
TY for posting

toledo_mudhen
01-08-2020, 03:41 AM
Whenever I see, for want of a better word, tits on the corner points - it almost always makes me leery of a "trim job"

Top right corner, and to some extent the top left corner, appear to exhibit "tits" (IMHO)

Nice card tho

Ronnie73
01-08-2020, 03:54 AM
I'm glad I prefer PSA 4's and under. Especially rare PSA 1 Tolstoi's.

chalupacollects
01-08-2020, 06:45 AM
Top right corner.... is that a hanging Chad???

darwinbulldog
01-08-2020, 11:47 AM
Top right corner.... is that a hanging Chad???

I live in Broward County. I can assure you that is not a hanging chad.