PDA

View Full Version : Osu was screwed last night

esd10
12-29-2019, 03:21 AM
Ohio state was clearly screwed by the sec officials with 2 of the worst calls of the year. The first 1 is the shaun wade hit and tell me what is supposed to do when the qb leans down to brace for said hit and it becomes helmet to helmet? The second call was the worst of the night with osu causing a fumble after 4 steps with a score but was overturned by biased sec officials. I'm kind of sour about these plays because it looked rigged so Clemson would win.

RedsFan1941
12-29-2019, 09:50 AM
are you at all sour about the three trips to the red zone that resulted only in field goals? because that’s what lost Ohio State the game, not officials calls.

esd10
12-29-2019, 01:09 PM
I'm sour about everything about that game the blown calls and osu bonehead play calling in the red zone

pclpads
12-29-2019, 02:49 PM
Cheer up! You could have been an SC fan before they got dusted in the Holiday Bowl. :D

ClementeFanOh
12-29-2019, 05:03 PM
Wrong, Ronnie. At least OSU was scoring while Clemson did NOTHING during that time. If you are in Ohio, you must be a Cincinnatian. Trent

RedsFan1941
12-29-2019, 07:41 PM
interesting logic Roberto. (no, not in Ohio, have only visited Cincinnati)

todeen
12-29-2019, 07:57 PM
Just another playoff I didn't care about because there was no West Coast representation. They need to expand to 6 teams with top two teams not playing the first week, and allowing the best of the non-power 5 conferences getting 1 position.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

oldjudge
12-29-2019, 10:51 PM
There was no West Coast representation because no West Coast team deserved it. The best West Coast team is probably Oregon and who did they beat that would merit them getting into a playoff? The Pac-12 was a horrible conference this year.

todeen
12-30-2019, 12:09 AM
There was no West Coast representation because no West Coast team deserved it. The best West Coast team is probably Oregon and who did they beat that would merit them getting into a playoff? The Pac-12 was a horrible conference this year.Oh, point conceded, but I don't care about good football, I care about regional football. I'm much more interested in the Memphis game than I am in the playoffs simply because I followed them because they were in the way of Boise State.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

pokerplyr80
12-31-2019, 12:04 AM
So calling a helmet to helmet hit a personal foul is one of the worst calls of the year? I'd call that a ref doing his job calling the penalty as the rule is written. And I'm not an OSU fan at all.

esd10
12-31-2019, 07:43 PM
So calling a helmet to helmet hit a personal foul is one of the worst calls of the year? I'd call that a ref doing his job calling the penalty as the rule is written. And I'm not an OSU fan at all.

My issue with that call was trevor lawrence duct down into the hit with his helmet

esd10
12-31-2019, 07:45 PM
Multiple no calls on pass interference, holding but my biggest gripe was the fumble that was some how reversed by a sec replay official

rats60
01-01-2020, 02:33 PM
My issue with that call was trevor lawrence duct down into the hit with his helmet

The issue wasn't Trevor Lawrence lowering his head. The issue was Shaun Wade lowering his head and leading with the crown of his helmet. That is a text book case of targeting. By rule when you tackle you are supposed to keep your eyes up and not dip your head. I don't see how anyone could say that wasn't a penalty.

There was a former official on the TV broadcast that said both of those calls were correct before the video review. Ohio State has no complaints. Blame the loss on Justin Fields throwing interceptions not the officials.

pokerplyr80
01-01-2020, 11:30 PM
I didn't watch the game live but saw the replay of the fumble that was overturned. I really don't see how so many people think that was a catch. He did not maintain possession as it was knocked out on the way down.

That offensive PI call at the end of the Rosebowl was some BS.