PDA

View Full Version : Amazing offer from a Net54 member Steve L.

pitburgfan
12-26-2019, 01:38 PM
I have been attempting to complete a 1919 W514 set for more than 10 years. For most of 2019 I only needed #68 Jake Daubert and had posted on Net 54 several times that I was looking to buy one. I had searched Ebay daily and every auction house listed on the auction report looking for this most elusive card, at least for me! I found it in several online collections and offered cash or trade in an attempt to get one with no luck. On Dec 21st I was contacted by a member of Net54 asking if I was still looking for a W514 Daubert. I was overly excited at the possibility of completing this set, most likely the only set I will ever complete. After several emails between Steve L and myself he sent one last email just asking for my address and he would send it to me with a Merry Christmas. I was blow away at this generous offer and have been looking for the mailman every day. The card showed up today and it is much nicer than I ever though it would be. I would personally like to Thank Steve for his generous gift. This is an amazing group of collectors that share their knowledge and wisdom everyday on Net54 and I look forward to checking the site every morning when I get to work to see what’s new.
Happy Collecting and Happy New Year!
Jeff

danf19
12-26-2019, 01:43 PM
Great to hear stories such as this every once in a while- tough world out there. We need to hear more of the good stuff !
Happy New Year !
Dan

Steve L
12-26-2019, 01:43 PM
Jeff I'm so glad I could help. Have a great new year!

hcv123
12-26-2019, 01:56 PM
Awesome story and gesture! Happy holidays to all!

trambo
12-26-2019, 02:13 PM
Jeff I'm so glad I could help. Have a great new year!

Kudos, Steve! That's one of the things that makes this hobby so awesome!

Congrats on finishing the set, Jeff!!

ksfarmboy
12-26-2019, 02:41 PM
Great story and congrats on completing your set!

mattsey9
12-26-2019, 03:01 PM
Great story and congrats on completing your set!

Congratulations on the set completion. Let's see some photos!!

Baseballcrazy62
12-26-2019, 04:38 PM
A great gesture Steve!! Congrats on the completion of the set.

pitburgfan
12-26-2019, 04:45 PM
I tried to upload a picture of the Daubert card but couldnot get it to upload. Would love to share the pictures of the set. Any suggestions on how to share pictures?

bnorth
12-26-2019, 05:00 PM
I tried to upload a picture of the Daubert card but couldnot get it to upload. Would love to share the pictures of the set. Any suggestions on how to share pictures?

You have to reduce the file size to below 1.2 MB. If you still have problems PM me and I will walk you through it or you can email me the pic and I will post it.:)

Congrats on the card and like others said it is AWESOME to have good hobby stories.

iwantitiwinit
12-26-2019, 05:05 PM
Good Stuff.

Eric72
12-26-2019, 05:06 PM
It makes me glad to hear stories like this. Steve - tremendous generosity on your part. Our group can be a kind and caring one at times. I, for one, am very happy to be a part of it.

wondo
12-26-2019, 05:10 PM
Steve is a good guy! Helped me get through calculus. :D

perezfan
12-26-2019, 07:21 PM
Best thing about this forum, by far...

Stellar act of generosity, Steve... and many thanks to all here that have helped other collectors in similar fashion. I know there are many here who carry the Christmas spirit throughout the entire year! :)

Blunder19
12-26-2019, 10:21 PM
Helping each other complete our collections is what it is truly about... great story..

Stampsfan
12-26-2019, 11:42 PM
I don’t know either, so thanks Steve for making someone’s complete set wish a success. You sound like a great guy. I hope someone pays it forward to you someday.

nsaddict
12-27-2019, 04:01 AM
Sadly, this hobby seems to be dominated by scammers, shillers, inept 3rd party grading and card doctors. This story is refreshing, actually put a huge smile on my face! Kudos to Steve!

2dueces
12-27-2019, 06:53 AM
The greatest joy is giving. Kudos to Steve for his generosity.
The part of the hobby least reported is the interaction between collectors.

NYYFan63
12-27-2019, 07:52 AM
I have been attempting to complete a 1919 W514 set for more than 10 years. For most of 2019 I only needed #68 Jake Daubert and had posted on Net 54 several times that I was looking to buy one. I had searched Ebay daily and every auction house listed on the auction report looking for this most elusive card, at least for me! I found it in several online collections and offered cash or trade in an attempt to get one with no luck. On Dec 21st I was contacted by a member of Net54 asking if I was still looking for a W514 Daubert. I was overly excited at the possibility of completing this set, most likely the only set I will ever complete. After several emails between Steve L and myself he sent one last email just asking for my address and he would send it to me with a Merry Christmas. I was blow away at this generous offer and have been looking for the mailman every day. The card showed up today and it is much nicer than I ever though it would be. I would personally like to Thank Steve for his generous gift. This is an amazing group of collectors that share their knowledge and wisdom everyday on Net54 and I look forward to checking the site every morning when I get to work to see what’s new.

Happy Collecting and Happy New Year!

Jeff

Love hearing these stories...thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charlietheexterminator
12-27-2019, 09:25 AM
Awesome story, nice job Steve.

pitburgfan
12-27-2019, 11:14 AM
Was able to take pictures of the set today. Can't help but smile when I look at it!

CobbSpikedMe
12-27-2019, 03:59 PM
Fantastic story and great move by Steve, of course. Love seeing the set together like that also. Thanks for the pics man!

Fred
12-27-2019, 04:36 PM
Awesome!