PDA

View Full Version : Why do sellers here.....

Promethius88
12-24-2019, 10:40 AM
This may come across as negative, but I don't mean it that way. Just actually curious. I notice on the BST boards that people typically ask for more than typical Ebay prices on cards they are selling. Sure, I get it if a card has some superior characteristics that warrant a higher price, but I see a lot of average stuff with asking prices higher here. Of course the slabbed stuff is easier to figure than raw in searching for comps. I'm thinking if you are looking to avoid the Bay fees, then why not lower your price here and save you both some money. With the Ebay bucks bonuses, it makes it even more confusing to me. Don't get me wrong, I may have listed something a little high from time to time, but for the most part, I try to list stuff where they buyer is going to get a better deal and I don't have to feed the beast. Anyhow...just a random thought as I am working half the day!! Happy holidays to all!

Aquarian Sports Cards
12-24-2019, 11:48 AM
I tend to discount my prices here at LEAST 13% off my ebay price. Often 20%. I see lots of other sellers do the same.

bnorth
12-24-2019, 04:53 PM
This may come across as negative, but I don't mean it that way. Just actually curious. I notice on the BST boards that people typically ask for more than typical Ebay prices on cards they are selling. Sure, I get it if a card has some superior characteristics that warrant a higher price, but I see a lot of average stuff with asking prices higher here. Of course the slabbed stuff is easier to figure than raw in searching for comps. I'm thinking if you are looking to avoid the Bay fees, then why not lower your price here and save you both some money. With the Ebay bucks bonuses, it makes it even more confusing to me. Don't get me wrong, I may have listed something a little high from time to time, but for the most part, I try to list stuff where they buyer is going to get a better deal and I don't have to feed the beast. Anyhow...just a random thought as I am working half the day!! Happy holidays to all!

Like Dean's it seems to be working for the 2 that do i the most.:D

Leon
12-24-2019, 05:24 PM
Sometimes I sell stuff quickly on the BST and sometimes it doesn't sell. Life, I guess.... :)
B

But yes, it would make sense to give some discount as there are no fees whatsoever....but to each their own.

cardsagain74
12-24-2019, 09:35 PM

I've noticed the same thing. You can also add in the buyer protection on ebay too.

And the time I did notice a solid seller offer a couple of quality cards for the sort of "better for both sides" deal that you're referring to, they were snapped up in 10 minutes.

Actually he's two comments up, mr. bnorth :p

Leon
12-25-2019, 06:50 AM
I've noticed the same thing. You can also add in the buyer protection on ebay too.

And the time I did notice a solid seller offer a couple of quality cards for the sort of "better for both sides" deal that you're referring to, they were snapped up in 10 minutes.

Actually he's two comments up, mr. bnorth :p

If you want a shot at the best deals on the BST you have to look at it often. I have missed some really good deals and gotten some other ones. Such as this postcard for under 1550 last year....and this Teddy Williams for 2100 two yrs ago.....both were decent deals imo.

x2drich2000
12-25-2019, 08:03 AM
If you want a shot at the best deals on the BST you have to look at it often. I have missed some really good deals and gotten some other ones. Such as this postcard for under 1550 last year....and this Teddy Williams for 2100 two yrs ago.....both were decent deals imo.

Absolutely true, the best deals go insanely fast, sometimes within a minute or two of being listed. I grabbed this for $1k earlier this year basically as soon as it was listed.

https://live.staticflickr.com/4900/46276329434_bb9c4f1b59_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2dvhhuS)