PDA

View Full Version : Probstein123 Experiences

Phil68
12-22-2019, 09:29 AM
Oddly, I saw many cards offered on eBay by this fellow before I met him at a show, It was like seeing Elvis as I had built up an image in my head. Anyway,
the fellow was actually quite rude and seemed to lack "people skills". I can always get past that as everyone is wired up differently. However, he sells some of my cards--which is great--some do ok, others not too good, but his feedback is downright horrific in hobby terms. I mean...BAD. In the short time I've been here, I have noticed great enthusiasm about collecting and expertise beyond the typical eBay buyer. Question is, has anyone had first-hand experience with Mr. Probstein? Anything to be concerned about in terms of buying a high-end card from?
Thank you.

Arazi4442
12-22-2019, 09:37 AM
He's been getting beat up pretty good on the BO forums for knowingly selling altered/trimmed cards. If you search, you can find a post where he was alerted to this and his response was basically, it's in a slab so not my problem.

That's all I need to know. I won't buy from him, high end or otherwise.

ullmandds
12-22-2019, 10:07 AM
He has a reputation as one of the larger eBay sellers similar to pwcc...caveat emptor.

hcv123
12-22-2019, 10:10 AM
He's been getting beat up pretty good on the BO forums for knowingly selling altered/trimmed cards. If you search, you can find a post where he was alerted to this and his response was basically, it's in a slab so not my problem.

That's all I need to know. I won't buy from him, high end or otherwise.

Similarly with PWCC

CMIZ5290
12-22-2019, 03:37 PM
Trust me, he doesn't give a shit about anything other than himself and laughing all the way to the bank....He also knows that Ebay isn't going to do a freaking thing about it.....

glynparson
12-22-2019, 06:01 PM
You will get the card you pay for delivered quickly and securely and if you consign i have always been paid rapidly and have never had an issue with Rick. He accepts a lot of consignments and of course when you deal with that many consignors/consignees some issues will occur.

ALBB
12-22-2019, 06:02 PM
Have bought tons of stuff from him..no problems

clydepepper
12-22-2019, 06:18 PM
As I've said many times on this forum:

probstein is STILL dead to me.

I wouldn't waste a lump of coal on that sumbitch!

Merry Christmas to everyone else.

mferronibc
12-22-2019, 06:45 PM
So about 8 months ago when my son was born I decided to start a vintage card collection for him and bought a pretty nicely graded 1960 Mantle to kick things off. Knew nothing about the current landscape of the industry, trimming, grading controversy, etc. like I do now and naively dove right in. Bought the card from this seller, fine transaction and nice looking card, but since have read nothing but really shady stuff about him and his business. Makes me really regret my rookie mistake cause every time I look at that card I wonder if it’s been altered instead of enjoying it. Guess I’ll never know for sure but lesson learned that in this hobby it’s all about feeling good about what you buy (and who you buy from) not just the end product in your hands!

Snapolit1
12-22-2019, 06:55 PM
He has 14500 positive eBay feedbacks in the last month and 6 negative ones. Yet in this board he is the second coming of Satan. Kind of an odd disconnect, no?

He has 668,000 documented transactions and a 99.9% eBay positive feedback. What exactly should eBay do with him?
I’ve never had an issue with him.

sbfinley
12-22-2019, 06:58 PM
Personally, I have not agreed with him before. I've outted a handful of bad items or misleading listings to him in messages over the years which were all ignored with the exception of one time in which he (or an employee of his - it's been several years to be honest) argued with me over a series of messages that the signature below had been authenticated. They refused to pull the listing and someone paid almost $700 for the card.

https://live.staticflickr.com/7319/27890622912_4b0e19a3c7_w.jpg

PWCC, for better worse, has responded to all messages I've offered about incorrect listings and either pulled the item or amending the listing to describe the item correctly. No Probstein auction I ever alerted them about has been amended or pulled and almost always the auction ended with someone less educated overspending on a bad item.

That being said:

You will get the card you pay for delivered quickly and securely and if you consign i have always been paid rapidly and have never had an issue with Rick. He accepts a lot of consignments and of course when you deal with that many consignors/consignees some issues will occur.

This is also true. I choose not consign with him for the reasons I listed above, but I still regularly buy from him because at the end of the day if someone has the item I want at the price I want then I could really care less about that person's business ethics. It's just baseball cards at the end of the day. I'm not holier than thou. I do my due diligence and caveat emptor.

Gradedcardman
12-22-2019, 07:01 PM
Actually went and met with him a couple weeks ago, nice guy...socially awkward maybe but BFD. Never an issue with him. I have bought and consigned with him over the last few years. As most of this board says buy the card not the holder.

Aquarian Sports Cards
12-22-2019, 07:16 PM
Don't know Rick personally but his dad is a trip.

Phil68
12-22-2019, 07:16 PM

Ok....just so we're clear, Mr. Culpepper, you do not acknowledge Mr. Probsteins existence and, thus, do NOT participate in his auctions. I can respect this stance and thoroughly enjoyed your delivery :D

Reading everything, it sounds like he's merely a funnel of material with no filter. His theory is "I do volume. My value is that your item will be seen.
Take it or leave it. I'm too busy to hold your hand and follow up when a buyer isn't happy. PSA grades 'em--not my issue. I have more items to list. Move on."

I get it.

bnorth
12-22-2019, 07:20 PM
If you are interested in a card he is selling you need ask a few questions about the item and be sure to let him know you are very interested in the item. It makes a big difference if you do this.

Phil68
12-22-2019, 07:23 PM
Actually went and met with him a couple weeks ago, nice guy...socially awkward maybe but BFD. Never an issue with him. I have bought and consigned with him over the last few years. As most of this board says buy the card not the holder.

Yes. Socially awkward is a PC and gentle way to put it. Obviously, at a large card show, this is an issue. When responding to an email, it is also a potential problem for some buyers. It doesn't change his integrity or the cards he sells!
I've met my share of honest, hard-working jerks. Rumor has it, I might BE one.
:o

bnorth
12-22-2019, 08:29 PM
Personally, I have not agreed with him before. I've outted a handful of bad items or misleading listings to him in messages over the years which were all ignored with the exception of one time in which he (or an employee of his - it's been several years to be honest) argued with me over a series of messages that the signature below had been authenticated. They refused to pull the listing and someone paid almost $700 for the card.

PWCC, for better worse, has responded to all messages I've offered about incorrect listings and either pulled the item or amending the listing to describe the item correctly. No Probstein auction I ever alerted them about has been amended or pulled and almost always the auction ended with someone less educated overspending on a bad item.

That being said:

This is also true. I choose not consign with him for the reasons I listed above, but I still regularly buy from him because at the end of the day if someone has the item I want at the price I want then I could really care less about that person's business ethics. It's just baseball cards at the end of the day. I'm not holier than thou. I do my due diligence and caveat emptor.

Strangely I do care about the ethics of dealers with cards/memorabilia. Weirdly I have bought a few watches from some seriously sketchy people.:eek::D

charlietheexterminator
12-23-2019, 01:38 AM
Bought from Probstein and sold through Probstein, never an issue. I recently needed to raise some funds quickly for a large purchase, told this to Rick. I overnighted some cards to him, he posted them that day. The auction was over the following Tuesday evening, the next day the funds were in my account. He did the right thing by me.

Rhotchkiss
12-23-2019, 04:11 AM
As a buyer, I have never had an issue with Probstein. I have never sold anything with him. Two major differences between Probstein and PWCC (1) Probstein does not advise “clients”, opine on condition with stickers, or put out “market” info; instead, he just lists the item, often with nominal or insufficient description, and (2) I am not sure, but I do not think he takes economic positions in most/many items he sells via auction; he does have BINs but not sure if those are his or clients looking for exposure. Probstein seems to be a true eBay storefront/consignor, listing other people’s stuff en mass and moving product for people. To me, he is not a true AH but just a mass mover of stuff on ebay.

Snapolit1
12-23-2019, 07:10 AM
As a buyer, I have never had an issue with Probstein. I have never sold anything with him. Two major differences between Probstein and PWCC (1) Probstein does not advise “clients”, opine on condition with stickers, or put out “market” info; instead, he just lists the item, often with nominal or insufficient description, and (2) I am not sure, but I do not think he takes economic positions in most/many items he sells via auction; he does have BINs but not sure if those are his or clients looking for exposure. Probstein seems to be a true eBay storefront/consignor, listing other people’s stuff en mass and moving product for people. To me, he is not a true AH but just a mass mover of stuff on ebay.

+1. I agree. To my eyes he presents a totally different business model than PWCC.

I don't see him making the kind of affirmative representations of expertise as PWCC does. PWCC is almost like your personal card financial advisor.

Complaining to him that he should not sell a particular card that you don't like how its graded to me seen akin to complaining to Amazon that they shouldn't refuse to sell "Bob's Natural Dog Treats" because they don't satisfy your definition of the word natural.

I haven't checked but believe he typically has like 70,000 items for sale at any given time.

I'm sure others disagree strenuously.

GeoPoto
12-23-2019, 07:28 AM
I have bought from Probstein many times without any problems. I have never consigned anything to him. But I do auction discards on eBay and while I would accept (timely) returns for any reason, I do think the TPG slab (and the scan) should preclude post-sale disputes regarding condition, unless the card is credibly outed by BO or some similar process. Everybody has to live with the limitations of the TPGs to screen out all alterations and the possibility that any given card may or may not have been altered prior to grading. Absent complicity in the alterations, I don't see how you can expect the seller to be responsible for theoretical imperfections in the history of a card that he purchased graded and is now selling.

wondo
12-23-2019, 07:50 AM
I consign with Rick. Fast turn around and attentive service. A bonus is that he will move $30 items.

Case12
12-23-2019, 08:31 AM
For me, fine low dollar and high volume dealer.

Fballguy
12-23-2019, 08:55 AM
I've only bought from him once, one of the few times I've seen him selling a pennant...which I got for a fair price. All went well.

But I do a lot of sold results research on ebay and there was a time when almost without fail... the highest sale price for whatever I was researching, was achieved by this seller. In many cases, signifiicantly higher. Always thought that was interesting.

samosa4u
12-23-2019, 11:39 AM
Oddly, I saw many cards offered on eBay by this fellow before I met him at a show, It was like seeing Elvis as I had built up an image in my head.

Wtf? lol

Anyway,
the fellow was actually quite rude and seemed to lack "people skills". I can always get past that as everyone is wired up differently. However, he sells some of my cards--which is great--some do ok, others not too good, but his feedback is downright horrific in hobby terms.

If this guy was rude to you, then why would you do business with him?

bnorth
12-23-2019, 11:43 AM

The almighty dollar is always the answer. If there is something shady in the hobby Tricky Ricky Problemstein has been called out for doing it. Basically a low rent version of PWCC.

Yes I am a moron for caring.:)

Phil68
12-23-2019, 12:06 PM
Wtf? lol

Just an awful post.

First, I am not doing business with him. I looked to folks on the board for their experiences. At no point did I discuss all the business we do. Being rude can be a momentary thing--like you just were. I'm sure you're a good guy, but nobody would know it by your post. It was purely confrontational, personal...and just plain stupid. When a member here asks for insights, you should either offer those insights or not respond. Many have offered exactly what I needed, and I thank them.

Secondly, the Elvis comment is called sarcasm. Typically, when someone offers a gazillion sportscards and is extremely visible--yet you don't know the person at all--meeting them has what I call the "Elvis affect". He could've looked like a fat guy with mustard stains on his shirt that needs to give his credit card number before speaking to a female (like most dealers I have known), he could've been Levi Bleamish, or just plain old happy, easy Brian Drent.
The point is, he's hobby famous, and I had never met him.

I don't want trouble, but will try to be understood.

**I see where I stated he sells some of my cards** This may be confusing. I HAVE NEVER given him cards to sell. He sells quite a few of the cards I make when OTHERS consign to him. His scans are poor and misrepresent the quality of the work. The cards have brought OK prices. He had no idea who I was when I stopped at his table in Chicago--we didn't get that far. He was pompous and I smiled and said "great stuff" and walked away.

Snapolit1
12-23-2019, 01:02 PM
I think Probstein's biggest "problem" is that he treats cards as run of the mill consumer goods that he's passing along in routine commercial transaction and doesn't seem to give two shits about what he's selling. He doesn't talk breathelessly about "assets" "appreciating" as "investments," doesn't talk about "portfolios" and "rates of return," and doesn't wax poetic about magical "pasteboards" being the best example "extant" bla bla bla. I think the fact that he doesn't act like he's selling sacred holy artifacts just rubs some people the wrong way. Oh, and he tries to sell things at high prices. Imagine that.

Phil68
12-23-2019, 01:07 PM
I think Probstein's biggest "problem" is that he treats cards as run of the mill consumer goods that he's passing along in routine commercial transaction and doesn't seem to give two shits about what he's selling. He doesn't talk breathelessly about "assets" "appreciating" as "investments," doesn't talk about "portfolios" and "rates of return," and doesn't wax poetic about magical "pasteboards" being the best example "extant" bla bla bla. I think the fact that he doesn't act like he's selling sacred holy artifacts just rubs some people the wrong way. Oh, and he tries to sell things at high prices. Imagine that.

Very entertaining and likely accurate portrayal!

Aquarian Sports Cards
12-23-2019, 01:29 PM
Just an awful post.

First, I am not doing business with him. I looked to folks on the board for their experiences. At no point did I discuss all the business we do. Being rude can be a momentary thing--like you just were. I'm sure you're a good guy, but nobody would know it by your post. It was purely confrontational, personal...and just plain stupid. When a member here asks for insights, you should either offer those insights or not respond. Many have offered exactly what I needed, and I thank them.

Secondly, the Elvis comment is called sarcasm. Typically, when someone offers a gazillion sportscards and is extremely visible--yet you don't know the person at all--meeting them has what I call the "Elvis affect". He could've looked like a fat guy with mustard stains on his shirt that needs to give his credit card number before speaking to a female (like most dealers I have known), he could've been Levi Bleamish, or just plain old happy, easy Brian Drent.
The point is, he's hobby famous, and I had never met him.

I don't want trouble, but will try to be understood.

**I see where I stated he sells some of my cards** This may be confusing. I HAVE NEVER given him cards to sell. He sells quite a few of the cards I make when OTHERS consign to him. His scans are poor and misrepresent the quality of the work. The cards have brought OK prices. He had no idea who I was when I stopped at his table in Chicago--we didn't get that far. He was pompous and I smiled and said "great stuff" and walked away.

Not that it bothered me but I misunderstood you originally also. This clears it up and actually makes your story funnier.

ronniehatesjazz
12-23-2019, 04:05 PM

That being said:

That is the worst Jordan forgery I’ve ever seen. Slab or no slab, whoever bought it should’ve known better.

samosa4u
12-23-2019, 04:09 PM
Sorry for dropping the F-bomb, but your Elvis comment rubbed me the wrong way.

Now either my reading comprehension is very poor or you're not writing properly, but your previous comment looked like you were saying that even though he was rude to you, you still handed your cards over to him.

He sells quite a few of the cards I make when OTHERS consign to him.

??? What does this mean ???

Aquarian Sports Cards
12-23-2019, 05:17 PM
He makes custom cards and sells them. Some people who have bought them have subsequently consigned them to Probstein.

MrPosadas
12-24-2019, 05:44 AM
Would echo most of the comments previously made and add that it bugs me that he only includes the front image of the card. Not sure about everyone else but I like to put eyes on both sides of the card before buying.

Gradedcardman
12-24-2019, 07:49 AM

It may be accurate but does it make a difference ? If you want someone to be passionate about selling your cards then the consignment route is not for you. Set up your own account on a selling site or sell privately. Its a business for him and he does well at it.

T205 GB
12-27-2019, 10:02 AM
cause every time I look at that card I wonder if it’s been altered instead of enjoying it. Guess I’ll never know for sure but lesson learned that in this hobby it’s all about feeling good about what you buy (and who you buy from) not just the end product in your hands!

You can always post it here and get our opinion on the card. Just a thought.

Phil68
12-27-2019, 11:16 AM
You can always post it here and get our opinion on the card. Just a thought.

That's exactly what I will do when I get a questionable card. This is the place for the best in the business. It takes a true card geek to know what's what.

taul166
12-27-2019, 11:27 AM
I have bought and sold with Rick many times. Never had a significant problem. Service has always been good.

If you consign with Rick, one thing you will not get is any sort of acknowledgement of receipt for your consigned items. At least, I didn't. You will need to either email or call him, or keep track of what you consign and then check for the items on ebay. I always built a watch list of my own items that I consigned so I could keep up with their being posted, current and final bids, etc. since he has no consignor portal for you to monitor.

Posting of items on ebay has a quick turnaround unlike other auction houses, and payment of the net proceeds has always been prompt.

n5gwu
12-27-2019, 04:11 PM
My full name is Cliff Cantrell, added because I am submitting an opinion of the subject individual

About 4 years ago I decided to trim down my collection and redefine my focus. I tried selling a few things on ebay but it took too much time and effort so I approached Probstein in email and on the phone. He asked what I had, I told him and he said "bundle it all up with an inventory letter and ship to him and he'd do the rest". I took his advice and sent a good size box of some premium stuff and some filler stuff. He quickly listed and sold the premium stuff and was quick to send a check with a listing of what everything sold for and the fees involved with each item. I was happy with the outcome. The filler stuff sat there for about 3 months. I was in constant contact with him and for a while he was sick, then it was the holidays and then he didn't think it was a good time to sell that stuff. All told the filler stuff was probably only work maybe 2,000 and didn't really seem to be worth his time. I finally told him to ship it back, which he did (well packaged) along with an invoice for the shipping cost (a reasonable request). I got it back, paid the shipping and ended up piecing out the filler on ebay and made a few hundred more than I thought I would have.

Over time, after this experience, I have bid unsuccessfully on his non-sports card auctions and successfully on some of the older stuff and have been happy with what I got and happy with the price I paid.

Given the new claims of altered cards, and my inability to readily identify something that is altered I have quit doing business with him. In the future I might offer him more of the better stuff if I decide to change directions again or maybe will just go with one of the auction houses.

He was always cordial and friendly both in email and on the phone so I harbor no grudge or ill will towards him. I just believe he doesn't have the time to pour over every card that comes in and gets photoed and minimally described but that is his business plan and it seems to work for him.

Leon
12-30-2019, 11:43 AM
I have only had a few buys from Probstein on ebay and they went fine. That said, I have seen some things recently that would probably make me take a little closer look from now on.

BTW, if any member in this thread gave an opinion, good or bad, they need to have their full names in their post or edit it out. If you don't then your full name will be put next to it. The rule is in bold letters at the top of every page.

If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. .

thanks all!!

PowderedH2O
12-31-2019, 09:06 AM
I consigned A LOT of cards with Rick about six years ago. Rick got consignment fees. He handled almost 500 auctions, shipped the cards out, dealt with any deadbeat bidders, etc. I got paid in less than a week. I will occasionally but stuff from him. I have never had an issue.

Stampsfan
12-31-2019, 12:01 PM
My only experience is the exorbitant shipping fees. Perhaps that is because I’m in Canada. The fees rival PWCC’s fees. I’m not paying $25 shipping on a $30 card.

It also seems to me that his fees suddenly increased one day. Amazing as the postal fees did not go up at the same rate.

irv
12-31-2019, 12:08 PM
My only experience is the exorbitant shipping fees. Perhaps that is because I’m in Canada. The fees rival PWCC’s fees. I’m not paying $25 shipping on a $30 card.

It also seems to me that his fees suddenly increased one day. Amazing as the postal fees did not go up at the same rate.

I believe his fees are $35 per? PWCC's is a guesstimate on how much a card will sell for but the low value cards are usually $25 unless that has changed recently?

I was watching a Probstein card last night that went surprisingly low at just under $15 dollars (possible trimmed card?) and the shipping was $35. I would have paid $35 for the card if his fees were a lot more reasonable.

jakebeckleyoldeagleeye
12-31-2019, 12:10 PM
I've won items from him before (not high priced items) and he always has charged me one shipping cost for multiple items and I receive them very quickly so I think he's pretty fair.

GeoPoto
12-31-2019, 02:13 PM
Probstein generally charges $4.00 for the first card and $0.50 for each additional card. For high-dollar cards he quotes $10 for the first card. High-dollar might be over $500. PWCC now charges a minimum of $5.00. PWCC combines shipping but does so based on the selling price of the cards. Probstein is economical compared to PWCC, but PWCC is not ridiculous. PWCC has increased their shipping charges quite a bit in the last year. That's my experience.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

ALBB
12-31-2019, 05:09 PM
Well this post is started to gather support for Probstein ... I too have no have any issues with him

bnorth
12-31-2019, 05:14 PM
Well this post is started to gather support for Probstein ... I too have no have any issues with him

Since we are supporting people I have never had a single issue with Gary Moser.:p

Johnny630
12-31-2019, 05:29 PM
Since we are supporting people I have never had a single issue with Gary Moser.:p

Lmao !!! Best Laugh I’ve had since the Magie Eraser !!

Republicaninmass
12-31-2019, 05:35 PM
He lost a box of about 200 Jordan cards from the 90s.

I always had the feeling they, or at least the better ones, would show up in PSA holders one day. He paid me off, and shortly after told me had found the box. He then mentioned hed auction them, and pay for refund me the difference from the "pay off". I declined and that was the last I sent to him.

Paul S
12-31-2019, 05:44 PM
since we are supporting people i have never had a single issue with gary moser.:plol

Aquarian Sports Cards
12-31-2019, 08:04 PM
Lmao !!! Best Laugh I’ve had since the Magie Eraser !!

:)

JackW
12-31-2019, 08:09 PM
About time Scott got some love for that masterpiece.

bnorth
12-31-2019, 08:26 PM
He lost a box of about 200 Jordan cards from the 90s.

I always had the feeling they, or at least the better ones, would show up in PSA holders one day. He paid me off, and shortly after told me had found the box. He then mentioned hed auction them, and pay for refund me the difference from the "pay off". I declined and that was the last I sent to him.

It is great to see how Mr Probstein was so helpful to you and quickly fixed the very minor mixup.

Mr Probstein even does his best to get consignors top dollar for their items. I remember one time he sold a beautiful Bill Russell autograph and got the consignor several times its value. Just because he listed the Bill Russell the baseball players autograph as Bill Russell the HOFer basketball player is irrelevant. Just because he was notified several times about the "mixup" during the auction and done nothing is also irrelevant. He did his best for the consignor and that is all that matters. He is famous for helping his consignors in many ways.

cannonballsun
01-01-2020, 06:51 AM
I think I've bid on about 200 Probstein items, and I believe I've won only one. His stuff always sells high, good for his consigners. That's pretty much also my experience with PWCC, although I may have won 2 or 3 items from them.

Bigdaddy
01-01-2020, 10:50 AM
BTW, if any member in this thread gave an opinion, good or bad, they need to have their full names in their post or edit it out. If you don't then your full name will be put next to it. The rule is in bold letters at the top of every page.

If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. .

Sort of like the sign in every baseball clubhouse concerning betting on baseball:

"Any player, umpire, or club official or employee, who shall bet any sum whatsoever upon any baseball game in connection with which the bettor has no duty to perform shall be declared ineligible for one year. Any player, umpire, or club or league official or employee, who shall bet any sum whatsoever upon any baseball game in connection with which the bettor has a duty to perform shall be declared permanently ineligible."

I'm guessing Pete missed that sign.

Topnotchsy
01-02-2020, 05:50 PM
I've met with Rick, bought from Rick and consigned with Rick.

A few things:

1) My experience meeting Rick was very nice. No crazy story or anything, but he was perfectly pleasant when I spoke to him

2) He has a team of people listing the items on eBay. At times the listings are not as thorough as I would have liked, but he/they were always super responsive with everything.

3) He is obviously a really big consigner. This means that in some cases the items he sells are shilled by the seller (or the seller's friends etc.) When I bid, I bid what I'm willing to pay. I know there's a chance things will be shilled, but definitely have won items for bids below my max bid.

4) When I sold with him, I got the money extremely quickly. Some items sold really well, while others went below what I would have expected.

MULLINS5
01-04-2020, 07:04 AM
His theory is "I do volume. My value is that your item will be seen.
Take it or leave it."

That's eBay's value. Probstein's value is for those who don't have time to list, are too lazy, and/or are laundering bad product.

Exhibitman
01-04-2020, 07:27 AM
Not much to add other than I've won several items and always received them timely and well packed.

aconte
01-04-2020, 07:28 AM
He can also help sell your card over and over again.

For example, this Acuna Heritage red auto numbered to 15 sold on:

Nov 28th

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Topps-Heritage-Real-One-Ronald-Acuna-Jr-Braves-RC-Red-INK-AUTO-69-BGS-9-5-/383278358445?hash=item593d2b9fad%3Ag%3AWFwAAOSwn0V doMB0&nma=true&si=zEJVlBJp4nADK9RbcTpge80xYxU%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Nov 20th

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Topps-Heritage-Real-Once-Ronald-Acuna-Braves-RC-Red-INK-AUTO-69-BGS-9-5-/372801673355?hash=item56ccb6188b%3Ag%3AWFwAAOSwn0V doMB0&nma=true&si=zEJVlBJp4nADK9RbcTpge80xYxU%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Oct 21st

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Topps-Heritage-Real-Once-Ronald-Acuna-Braves-RC-Red-INK-AUTO-69-BGS-9-5-/372801673355?hash=item56ccb6188b%3Ag%3AWFwAAOSwn0V doMB0&nma=true&si=zEJVlBJp4nADK9RbcTpge80xYxU%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

So as you can see, his auctions are a good option if you don't get paid or if
you decide you just want to resell what you just bought. Keep on listing!

CMIZ5290
01-04-2020, 06:33 PM
Biggest prick in the industry.....

Phil68
01-04-2020, 09:21 PM
Biggest prick in the industry.....

This is TOO easy, Lol

Phil68
01-04-2020, 09:26 PM
He can also help sell your card over and over again.

For example, this Acuna Heritage red auto numbered to 15 sold on:

Nov 28th

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Topps-Heritage-Real-One-Ronald-Acuna-Jr-Braves-RC-Red-INK-AUTO-69-BGS-9-5-/383278358445?hash=item593d2b9fad%3Ag%3AWFwAAOSwn0V doMB0&nma=true&si=zEJVlBJp4nADK9RbcTpge80xYxU%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Nov 20th

Oct 21st

So as you can see, his auctions are a good option if you don't get paid or if
you decide you just want to resell what you just bought. Keep on listing!

Your point is well taken. On another issue; I totally get and can appreciate that people collect what they like and it's none of my business--I really do, but 3k for a brand new card of THAT guy surprises me.
Remarkable.

Phil68
01-04-2020, 09:29 PM
Holy smokes!! I just realized it's Tony Aconte!
It's been like 15-20 years! Always one of the good and sane guys with a great eye!

BigBeerGut
01-05-2020, 01:40 PM

Why ?
What is the reason ?

And WHO are YOU anyway? Some guy on a couch at best!

Items come up for auction. If you do not like the item or the auction house do not bid otherwise shushup.

MJD

Phil68
01-05-2020, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE=BigBeerGut;1944635]Why ?
What is the reason ?

And WHO are YOU anyway? Some guy on a couch at best!

Items come up for auction. If you do not like the item or the auction house do not bid otherwise shushup.

He's probably just messing around.
"Dead to me" is just a dramatic, sometimes tongue-in-cheek thing to say.
I started this thread to gather some background on business dealings folks have had. I had ONE odd experience at a show and a handful of folks randomly say they didn't care for Rick. I didn't want to dismiss Rick and his services due to his momentary rudeness and a couple of bitter buyers. He was very rude but, heck, he could've been HUNGRY, for all I know.
I gathered great information here and am happy to do business with Rick based on that. He is exactly what he appears to be. He lists terrific items and seems responsive to me as well.
Let's all just get along. None of this is terribly important anyway, Lol.

Leon
01-08-2020, 07:02 AM

You should try to contact him so he can unload his fraud to you.....

bnorth
01-08-2020, 08:28 AM
You should try to contact him so he can unload his fraud to you.....

I don't need his services at the moment but you can forward his contact info if you want.;)