PDA

View Full Version : eBay minor rant

buymycards
12-21-2019, 08:21 AM
What in the hell is wrong with people? I receive an offer on eBay, I accept right away, and three days later I still haven't been paid. This happens quite often.

It drives me crazy. It isn't about the money, it is more about people not responding. At least send me a message telling me that you will pay me on payday, or that you are out of town for a while. Although, if you make me an offer at 10:00, and I accept at 10:05, you should be able to send a payment in the next few minutes.

I don't use the immediate payment option because it makes it difficult to combine shipping if more that one item is purchased.

Now I feel better!

prestigecollectibles
12-21-2019, 08:34 AM
I hate that too. If the buyer is smart enough they can put multiple items in their cart and check out together so the shipping will be combined.

Jim65
12-21-2019, 09:47 AM
What in the hell is wrong with people? I receive an offer on eBay, I accept right away, and three days later I still haven't been paid. This happens quite often.

It drives me crazy. It isn't about the money, it is more about people not responding. At least send me a message telling me that you will pay me on payday, or that you are out of town for a while. Although, if you make me an offer at 10:00, and I accept at 10:05, you should be able to send a payment in the next few minutes.

I don't use the immediate payment option because it makes it difficult to combine shipping if more that one item is purchased.

Now I feel better!

The Immediate Payment doesn't apply to offers anyway. :)

I set my account to automatically open a NPB case after 2 days, they then have 4 days after that to pay. I certainly pay Ebay enough money, so let them handle it.

ALR-bishop
12-21-2019, 12:53 PM
I am strictly a buyer on eBay. I almost always pay right after notice of acceptance, or later that day if notice occurs while I am occupied. Occasionally I might pay the next morning if acceptance happens in the evening.

But, I travel quite a bit internationally to some places internet is spotty, or unavailable for periods on planes and ships. If some one filed an NP against me after 2 days they would get paid but no more business from me.

But I get that good sellers get stiffed a lot these days by bad buyers and that Ebay's rules totally favor the buyers ( and that many good sellers will no longer sell on EBay because of that, which is bad for us legitimate buyers).

4reals
01-01-2020, 04:58 PM
I second what Al said...although I try to pay immediately I have instances over the years where an auction ended and I was out of town or whatever and paid once I had service. I’m sure this is the exception to what you were talking about but if someone opened an np case against me I would avoid purchasing from them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Republicaninmass
01-01-2020, 05:08 PM
People waiting for coupons or promotions most likely . Doesnt change the fact it's annoying!

buymycards
01-02-2020, 01:57 PM
I second what Al said...although I try to pay immediately I have instances over the years where an auction ended and I was out of town or whatever and paid once I had service. I’m sure this is the exception to what you were talking about but if someone opened an np case against me I would avoid purchasing from them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand your situation. It isn't the auctions, but the BIN's/offers. Once again, just a few days ago, a guy makes me an offer on a card. 2 minutes later I accept. Then crickets. It has been 4 days with no contact or response. This isn't a matter of not having cell phone service. He had service 2 minutes earlier when he sent me the offer. It isn't a matter of money, it was a $5 card for heaven's sake.

Auctions are a different matter. I can see bidding on an auction and then 7 days later, you forgot that you made the bid, or you are traveling in Southwest Wisconsin, where I live, and most of the area doesn't have any cell phone reception. I understand those situations and I will patiently wait for the buyer to respond. But, all I ask is that you send me a quick message and tell me that you are on vacation and you will pay when you return. No problem with that.

RCMcKenzie
01-07-2020, 10:48 PM
sorry, wrong thread

mcgwirecom
01-09-2020, 05:40 PM
Yes as someone already said, "immediate payment doesn't apply to offers". This is a tactic used by people who want to 'buy it now", buy don't have the money yet.

BruceinGa
01-11-2020, 05:14 PM
When I make an offer I'm waiting, expecting a response. If my offer is accepted I pay immediately.
I get chapped when I make an offer, not an outlandish offer mind you, and the seller doesn't respond and lets my offer expire. I won't be making any offers in the future to that seller! :mad:

Jim65
01-11-2020, 06:31 PM
I love that Ebay now lets you choose how long your offer is good for 12-24-48 Hours. I usually choose 24, I hated when sellers let my offer sit there for 48 hours.

dgo71
01-12-2020, 11:12 AM
I was recently made an offer and could not find an option anywhere to decline it. I had no choice other than to let it expire.

Jim65
01-12-2020, 12:21 PM
I was recently made an offer and could not find an option anywhere to decline it. I had no choice other than to let it expire.

Go to the item page, click on "review offer" it gives the option to decline.