PDA

View Full Version : VintageCardPrices.com

davidb
12-20-2019, 05:35 PM
Thanks to searching through the net54 web site I have signed on with VintageCardPrices.com to have my baseball card collection stored on the cloud. Very impressed with ease of use and detailed information about current/past internet auction sales to provide up to date value of my collection. You can pay monthly or annually ($179) and for me... it is money well spent!

vintagecardprices.com

marzoumanian
12-20-2019, 06:10 PM
It's a great tool. However, after subscribing for a year I found it no longer necessary to renew. Here's why. I would jot down the RANGE of prices paid for cards on my wants lists as I shopped for them at shows and on the internet. It would prevent me from paying some of the outrageous prices you will see for cards you want.
Sometimes I purchased a card for less than the VCP range but (full disclosure!) sometimes I knowingly paid MORE. Why? Because (depending on the set you are working on) you will find that certain cards are VERY TOUGH to find IF you want them in a certain PSA grade (in my case, PSA 7). So when I recently found some 1952 PSA 7s in the most recent REA auction I was willing to bid hard for them. Yes, I passed the VCP range but that was ok because of the scarcity factor. And I won the auctions for those cards.
Also, I'm winding down my active collecting days so for me VCP served its purpose. If you are in your 40s or 50s (I'm 64) I could see where you could justify renewing VCP year after year to keep up with ACTUAL prices paid.
My two cents, for what it is worth!

Mark Arzoumanian

ctownboy
12-20-2019, 06:31 PM
VCP

Will you still need me

Will you still read me

When your 64?

Guess not.

David

Cozumeleno
12-21-2019, 08:31 AM