PDA

View Full Version : Hank Aaron playing again?

cardsagain74
12-19-2019, 04:35 PM
There is a gigantic bidding war already for a Probstein PSA 5 Aaron rookie that ends at midnight. It looks like a cat dug its claws through the left side.

I don't know how the card got a 5 to begin with. I really don't know why people are paying up for it.

The only conclusion is that he's heading back to the Braves lineup and about to make Bernie Mac's comeback at age 50 seem like child's play. 763 HRs soon

Fuddjcal
12-19-2019, 05:02 PM
There is a gigantic bidding war already for a Probstein PSA 5 Aaron rookie that ends at midnight. It looks like a cat dug its claws through the left side.

I don't know how the card got a 5 to begin with. I really don't know why people are paying up for it.

The only conclusion is that he's heading back to the Braves lineup and about to make Bernie Mac's comeback at age 50 seem like child's play. 763 HRs soon

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1954-Topps-128-Hank-Aaron-Milwaukee-Braves-RC-Rookie-HOF-PSA-5-EX-CENTERED/372873788310?hash=item56d1027b96:g:y5wAAOSwQLZd8pF 7

hard to find without the cat scratch fever print marks and the fake rough cut on the edges. Also tough to find centered like the fake probstein one.

here's my fake 5 for comparison. I think if memory serves it may have come from the prober, but I'm not sure? Probably so, as both this one and mine are short and most likely trimmed. Just all part of the scam.

cardsagain74
12-19-2019, 11:41 PM
Yeah I know the centering was rarely perfect on the Aaron today and that you have to avoid the printing mess on that card, but the cat scratch fun was so severe on that Prob one today. Still thought the bidding and grade seemed excessive for it (especially given how a far superior/dead on SGC 6 went for not much more earlier this month at a trim headquarters auction), but could be letting my extra bias against major print issues cloud my judgment.

Exhibitman
12-20-2019, 08:01 AM
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/YlwAAOSwTpZd--Sz/s-l1600.jpg

Well if you just conserve a bit off the left and conserve a corner or two...

Fuddjcal
12-20-2019, 08:18 AM
Yeah I know the centering was rarely perfect on the Aaron today and that you have to avoid the printing mess on that card, but the cat scratch fun was so severe on that Prob one today. Still thought the bidding and grade seemed excessive for it (especially given how a far superior/dead on SGC 6 went for not much more earlier this month at a trim headquarters auction), but could be letting my extra bias against major print issues cloud my judgment.

AND 2 of the high bidders (not the winner) had ZERO feedback. That instills confidence. No doubt shilled.

samosa4u
12-20-2019, 11:52 AM
Probably so, as both this one and mine are short and most likely trimmed. Just all part of the scam.

How do you know the one Prob just sold is short? Also, did you measure yours as well?

Fuddjcal
12-20-2019, 12:00 PM
How do you know the one Prob just sold is short? Also, did you measure yours as well?

No, I looked at them PERIOD.

Leon
12-25-2019, 08:59 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1954-Topps-128-Hank-Aaron-Milwaukee-Braves-RC-Rookie-HOF-PSA-5-EX-CENTERED/372873788310?hash=item56d1027b96:g:y5wAAOSwQLZd8pF 7

hard to find without the cat scratch fever print marks and the fake rough cut on the edges. Also tough to find centered like the fake probstein one.

here's my fake 5 for comparison. I think if memory serves it may have come from the prober, but I'm not sure? Probably so, as both this one and mine are short and most likely trimmed. Just all part of the scam.

Quit being so upbeat!

cannonballsun
12-26-2019, 11:42 AM
Wow, I just checked the link and saw the pic. How can that be a 5 ?