PDA

View Full Version : Found 1921 Shotwell George Tyler card

Meganinaz
12-13-2019, 12:42 PM
Hello!

I’m new to this forum. Not a collector, but trying to learn more about this card. My father-in-law found this in his grandfather’s old wallet. His grandfather passed away several decades ago, and my father-in-law has had his wallet sitting in an old trunk ever since. Anyway, he asked me if I’d look into it. From what I can tell, these Shotwell cards are pretty rare and this might be the only George Tyler one in existence? Any idea as to what the value could be?

Thanks!

swarmee
12-13-2019, 12:56 PM
Step 1 would be getting it authenticated by SGC or PSA. Once that's complete, you can start thinking about value. Welcome to the board.

Meganinaz
12-13-2019, 01:19 PM
Thanks Swarmee! I just emailed photos of it to SGC. I'll update you all when I find out more.

MikeGarcia
12-13-2019, 01:57 PM
Thanks Swarmee! I just emailed photos of it to SGC. I'll update you all when I find out more.

..He is listed as number "121" in the Shotwell checklist .

Neat story though.....any reason you can think of as to why that particular player was deliberately kept by a family member ??

Meganinaz
12-13-2019, 03:07 PM
..He is listed as number "121" in the Shotwell checklist .

Neat story though.....any reason you can think of as to why that particular player was deliberately kept by a family member ??

Thanks! I have no clue why he would’ve had it in his wallet. He was a farmer in Indiana and died in the 1950’s. My father-in-law was given his wallet in a trunk of other things years ago and never looked through it. We’ve had a fun time researching it the past couple of days!

Leon
12-16-2019, 07:45 AM
Hello!

I’m new to this forum. Not a collector, but trying to learn more about this card. My father-in-law found this in his grandfather’s old wallet. His grandfather passed away several decades ago, and my father-in-law has had his wallet sitting in an old trunk ever since. Anyway, he asked me if I’d look into it. From what I can tell, these Shotwell cards are pretty rare and this might be the only George Tyler one in existence? Any idea as to what the value could be?

Thanks!

Great card. I think that is one of 3? known now. IF authenticated my guess is it is a $300-$500 card depending on who is bidding.

http://luckeycards.com/pw575leadershotx2.jpg